• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Your Lowboy Pictures Wanted

Classic79KW

Occupation
Gear Grinder
Thats a lazyman's lowbed, and you know you wish you didnt have to throw ramps. :notworthy You tryin to say I'm not in the lowbed club anymore?? ------->> :ban

Dualie

well your membership might come under review at the next meeting. I think the only thing anyones ever seen on your murray is them ramps :deadhorse

Classic79KW

Occupation
Gear Grinder
WHOA... wait a minute here. Come to think of it I've only seen 1 pic of your trailer loaded EVER! You mean to tell me you dont remember all the "gorgeous" pics of that trailer loaded when it was blue? What gives supertrucker? :beatsme

Here's a terrible phone pic (when I first got the phone) and it sucks BUT it's loaded..:rolleyes:

Rigmove001.jpg

Dualie

Thats SIR Edmond Super trucker to you...

Thats about as many times as the damn thing has been loaded. :Banghead

OR scrap superstar as 3408cc likes to call me :pointhead

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
This is a fixed , non widening trailer with a single row of 8 tyres . They also come as two rows of 8 , 3 rows of 8 etc . Can someone tell me how the inner wheels are removed as the trailer does not widen ?

Here is a guess,don't know but could be:)? The center four tires slide out the rear instead of spreading.Looks like the rear of the lowboys has a space from the main frame ,so maybe they do slide out the rear:confused:

If they did then you would be able to change the tires with them slide back.Also when loaded maybe they are run out the rear for more length?In when empty.

Just a guess:) ,so someone else will have to figure out a better idea:beatsme:D:usa

D4E SA

On the old 16 tire fixed frame superior or peerless they used to jack up one side quite aways then you could a gun or breaker bar in there,the best I could remember the trailers were not loaded at the time. But then that was a while ago. Glad those days are gone.

Cletus

Occupation
Operator of Older Equipment, Old Equipment Operato
I love old Kenworths. My 82 with a 475 twin turbo Cummins !

Attachments

• scan0007.jpg
    scan0007.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 5,497

Cletus

Occupation
There is lots of room on mine but it's 11 wide.:beatsme

Attachments

• LW900 004.jpg
    LW900 004.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 5,352

Classic79KW

Occupation
Gear Grinder
Thanks for the thumbs up's & Cletus, nice 900A! :notworthy Man that 11' wide trailer is a monster, do you know the weight of just the trailer??

Cletus

Occupation
I don't know the weight. I use it off road so I am not concerned at this time about that. I bought it from a contractor I work for some times. They bought it out of Canada and took it to Sand Point Alaska and discoverd it was way too big for their needs. I bought it last March and need to clean it up and make it look respectable. It has a high goose neck that sits on an off highway log bunk. They welded a piece of piling on to extend the king pin. I want to cut the goose neck and lower it about 24".
It is a 100 ton Fruehauf 11' X 22' well. 47' overall.
Spoke wheels.
I would appreciate any info on this trailer. I think it came out of British Columbia.:beatsme

Attachments

• DSCI0024.JPG
    DSCI0024.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 5,925
  • lowboy 027.jpg
    lowboy 027.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 5,307
  • lowboy 034.jpg
    lowboy 034.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 5,932

Iron Horse

OMG that's rough :eek: . An accident waiting to happen . Where would an inspector start with trying to describe that mess on his booking sheet ? Skid plate way under thickness , tube extension ????? and Galvanised to boot so the welds would be susspect . A little knowledge can be leathal sometimes .

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
:notworthyWOW Mr. Picklez, Madeline looks good hooked to that Murray!:notworthy

Not sac swing'n, just say'n thats all!

Classic79KW

Occupation
Gear Grinder
Thats OK Tonka, I wont tell Sousa your in the swing club. :stirthepot

I miss that trailer sometimes, but dont miss throwing the ramps all day long. :Banghead

Construct'O

Occupation
Nothing fancy!

Here's my old 1968 Hyster 35ton lowboy that i use to move my dozers.It has the walking tandem and i have changed out the back two axile tires to 17.5 rims so i can run tubless tires.Still running splitrims and tubtype on the front axile.

Hopefully sometime i will get them changed out also.I was always getting flats on the back tires so going tubless helped that out.

Also just throwing in a pic of unloading the lowboy while i'm here.:usa

Attachments

• D6R Blade Unload 001.jpg
    D6R Blade Unload 001.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 5,603
  • D6R Blade Unload 003.jpg
    D6R Blade Unload 003.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 5,253

Iron Horse

I believe they changed to 17.5 inch rims so as to create a larger air gap between the rims and brake drums . Radiated heat coming from the brake drums was causing the tubes to fail on the 15 inch wheels as the tube was literaly only an inch away from a very hot surface .

Construct'O

Occupation
Ironhorse i didn't have a problem with the tires and heat it was from the front axiles tires would tend to tip up nails and the second and last set of tires was always getting flats.

Always seem like i get flats in late summer when the grader stur up old nails,wire,objects and the ground surface being harder?:beatsme

With the 17.5 rims(one piece) tubeless tires i could usual just air them up and at least make the move then fix ,where you can't do that with tube type.

Plus the old split rims are a pain and dangerous to fix !!!!!! Just a couple reason i switched them,but heat and blowing tire wasn't an issue,but most of my hauls are just short hauls:usa

Big Iron

Occupation
Project Manager
I would appreciate any info on this trailer. I think it came out of British Columbia.:beatsme[/QUOTE]

It sure looks like an old oilfield trailer built to haul behind a bed tandem winch truck, I'd bet that at one time i had a loading hitch on the front of it. Man that is a nice looking KW you got there. I'd also bet that tractor pulling it came from Northern Oilfield Services or VECO who bought them, which means I probably drove it at one time. Thanks for the memories.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
I don't know the weight. I use it off road so I am not concerned at this time about that. I bought it from a contractor I work for some times. They bought it out of Canada and took it to Sand Point Alaska and discoverd it was way too big for their needs. I bought it last March and need to clean it up and make it look respectable. It has a high goose neck that sits on an off highway log bunk. They welded a piece of piling on to extend the king pin. I want to cut the goose neck and lower it about 24".
It is a 100 ton Fruehauf 11' X 22' well. 47' overall.
Spoke wheels.
I would appreciate any info on this trailer. I think it came out of British Columbia.:beatsme

Seeing that hooked up with a D9 ? on board sure puts it into perspective. :cool2

In the picture showing the DIY extension :eek: it looks like another form of attachment right at the front, looks like it could be a centre pivot pin where it mounted to a cross bolster maybe?...............
:Banghead just reread it, maybe thats what you are refering to where it "sits on an off highway log bunk" :drinkup