• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Your Lowboy Pictures Wanted

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
heres mine

Thanks for posting those, there have been several comments on the twin wheels we run in the UK / Europe and I assumed those guys commenting were used to what you show there but I had not seen a good picture of the set up.

I have the same thought as Steve, how the *ell do you change an inner wheel. :drinkup

Chaz Murray

How do you change the inner tires? It doesn't look like there's enough room to get a wrench in there or even slide the rim off the studs.

The rear end of the trailer expands out from 8'6" wide to 10' wide so it gives you pleanty of room to remove the tires when that is done. Also to get the 60,000lbs on that group it has to be spread to 10' wide anyway in California and other states

here are a couple pics here of it expanded and closed
http://www.murraytrailer.com/new/Professional/professional02.html

Last edited:

Iron Horse

The rear end of the trailer expands out from 8'6" wide to 10' wide so it gives you pleanty of room to remove the tires when that is done. Also to get the 60,000lbs on that group it has to be spread to 10' wide anyway in California and other states

here are a couple pics here of it expanded and closed
http://www.murraytrailer.com/new/Professional/professional02.html

But , how do you do it on a fixed trailer with rows of 8 tyre/tires ? Do you need to lift the trailer and swing 1 axle up and 1 axle down ?

Cletus

Occupation
Operator of Older Equipment, Old Equipment Operato
Not quit as legal as you guys but still fun!:notworthy

Attachments

• hauling d10.jpg
    hauling d10.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 5,537
  • LW900 014.jpg
    LW900 014.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 5,648
  • LW900 009.jpg
    LW900 009.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 5,560

Chaz Murray

But , how do you do it on a fixed trailer with rows of 8 tyre/tires ? Do you need to lift the trailer and swing 1 axle up and 1 axle down ?

On a 16 tire group we do not build, nor does any company that I know of, a fixed 8'6" wide. We do build, along with others, 10 wide 16 tire groups so removing tires is not a problem. The only real reason for the trailer to be able to expand like that is to allow the trailer to be a "legal" load when not loaded heavy and when loaded heavy it has to be spread to 10' wide for CA, NV, AZ, UT, FL, TX and a few other states to get max weight.

JDOFMEMI

Nice pics Cletus

Especially the D-10R behind that C-500.
Looks like you have the cat plenty forward to get weight on the drivers so you can make it up the hills in that gravel.

Iron Horse

On a 16 tire group we do not build, nor does any company that I know of, a fixed 8'6" wide. We do build, along with others, 10 wide 16 tire groups so removing tires is not a problem. The only real reason for the trailer to be able to expand like that is to allow the trailer to be a "legal" load when not loaded heavy and when loaded heavy it has to be spread to 10' wide for CA, NV, AZ, UT, FL, TX and a few other states to get max weight.

This is a fixed , non widening trailer with a single row of 8 tyres . They also come as two rows of 8 , 3 rows of 8 etc . Can someone tell me how the inner wheels are removed as the trailer does not widen ?

Attachments

• single row of 8.jpg
    single row of 8.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 5,385

Classic79KW

Occupation
Gear Grinder
Well here's my old wagon I sold a year ago, '86 Murray 16 tire, 20.5' deck, good solid trailer.

7-28-07washday010.jpg

And here's my current wagon, '98 TrailEze, 44', hyd tail, self contained, air ride & I love it.

OTR11-9-07007.jpg

Dualie

This is a fixed , non widening trailer with a single row of 8 tyres . They also come as two rows of 8 , 3 rows of 8 etc . Can someone tell me how the inner wheels are removed as the trailer does not widen ?

Torch? all kidding aside i bet theirs barely enough room to get the tire and wheel off the end of the hub and studs. getting a wrench in their is bound to be a pain in the ass.

Classic79KW

Occupation
Gear Grinder
Here's my old '86 Murray, 16 tire expando, 20.5' deck, good solid trailer.

7-28-07 wash day 010.jpg

Here's the current wagon, '98 TrailEze beavertail, 44' x 102", air ride, self contained, sweet trailer for the small stuff.

OTR 11-9-07 007.jpg

OTR 11-9-07 008.jpg

Last edited: