• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Your first piece of equipment owned or operated was?

blademan150

Occupation
Retired Local 150 Operating Engineer
D-4 crawler with Trackson Hi-Shovel, it was a workout for a ten year old but way more fun than the rake and shovel I usually ran!

Attachments

• DCP_0006 (640x480).jpg
    DCP_0006 (640x480).jpg
    101 KB · Views: 513

guswa

Occupation
mining
Clark 743 bobcat,brougth 12 years ago second hand still running strong bit hard to start on cold morning tho lol.

Lindsey97

first machine i ever operated was my mom and dad's 1973 allis chalmers 160 farm tractor. i was 7 years old. 40hp 3 cylinder perkins. that little tractor taught me a lot. dad let me blade the gravel road on our farm. first machine that i owned is a 1992 cat d4c dozer. started out with it in 2002. borrowed dad's 79 1 ton and bought a gooseneck trailer on a credit card. started my business in 2002, working for a farmer that had MS and cancer; he couldnt feel his leg. i had recently broken my leg in an atv accident. so i showed up to my first dirt job on crutches. the old farmer laughed and put me to work diggin' up stumps.
dad passed away in 2008. we currently have 3 10-wheelers and pup trailers, my d4c and a w20c case loader. I also own my own tri axle haul trailer, no credit cardsor bankers involved. i still run the allis spreading gravel and some customers wonder why i dont have a "green" tractor. i just shrug my shoulders and collect my check. dad always said to take care of the tractor and my kids will get to wear it out. i am beginning to think he was right.
"PRIDE IN YOUR RIDE" WWW.SANDHILLDOZER.COM

Andre Grondin

Hi !

The fisrt machine a operated was a 1976 Cat excavator , but I've been machinery maniac from the day I was born !
so last year I bought a brand old J-D 690B 1980 excavator and 2 months latter a J-D 350 1966 straight dozer , my next buy
is a Mack dumper ! yes Mack

rsherril

Occupation
Geologist, Retired from teaching sciences
A CAT 920 rear steer loader with a cab and heater. Auto bucket level and float made for smooth operation. A well balance machine that would make loading a 5 yd dump like a waltz. Very nice, well balanced machine that would take a lot of abuse as long as I kept it greased and breathing well. I still see a few around, though not as nice as the one ran.

Bubba

Occupation
Locomotive Engineer, Property Management, Clearing
Yep it was a 922B rear steer no ROPS. GREAT LITTLE LOADER.

grandpa

I bought a new 922B in the early spring of 1970,,,,, $16,500. Sold it thirty years later for $12,500 only problem experienced in that time span other than normal wear items was a broken bolt in the injection pump drive... no biggie and back to work.

Haddy

Occupation
earthmoving contractor
I wanted to leave school and the old man told me I had to get a job first , so I walked across to the neighbours who I had been helping out and asked if I could work for him , got the job , and that was the end of school . That was 1976 and have been driving trucks and operating machinery ever since !!! First payed job was driving Massey Ferguson agriculture tractors , an old 65 ,175 and 185 and 188 , then ended up owning 188 3 -4 years later .

dirty4fun

The first machine though was a farm tractor, an Oliver 60, and that was over 55 years ago. I couldn't open the gate, so dad would let me drive the tractor and he opened the gate. Ran the tractor on a baler the next year a lot of the summer. First heavy machinery was a D-7 Cat dozer, and have been around heavy equipment ever since.

diggingfish

A 35A D8 Cat. cable. I bought it when I was 19 (2 years ago) traded it for cash and now have a 17A that Im afraid that the motor might be stuck on and an HD 11 that was thought to be stuck but the starter was out. still feeling like I traded up

D.Echols

1959 J.D. 440 track loader w/ a 2 cyl 2 stroke detroit, stick steer w/ gears and a direction reverser. It turned right just fine but had to back up to turn left. I thought it was a big tractor till I got a job running a cat 983

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Aggregate Utility, Maintence Welder
First time ever driving was back when i was 5, got to move the 850 John Deere dozer out of the shop. First time operating was pushing some dirt when i was 12 with the TD-15C. Kind of funny, almost 18 years later and will be running that same dozer all day tomorrow.
Trbo

NoCrapmatsu

It was a MF dozer, cant remember if it was 100 or 200 or what, most of the decals/paint were worn and I am not an expert on equipment. the six way had me so screwed and being such a small dozer it was hard for a first machine. Wish I could say I mastered her, but I was tossed off after 2 hours of train tracks. before that I ran tractors on the farm though if they count.

bobcat753owner

First operated was John Deere 3010, in '01 bought cub cadet 28 HP with loader, that little tracor has been put through stuff a dozer wouldn't do. Used it to clean up 6 acres of beaver dams with, until I got some help with an excavator. . Took a LOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG time. Recently bought bobcat 753 SS loader. I love running 'em all, wish I had more to play with.