• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Who uses a skid steer only at home?

rick342

Words you dont want to here!!

Dad, Dad, the Bobcats on fire!! Turned out that the wiring harness on my 610 completely melted and caught on fire. There was a hose nearby and he put it out. Very lucky...:beatsme

rick342

Still issues with 610 shutting off

Hi Guys I had a new resister/circut braker replace in my ignition "compartment" & aAll new harness, Alt, after the fire. I thought that this would solve the problem.... but after 45 mins the machine shuts down and once again you have to wait 4/5 mins to restart. I dont know if I have a balast resistor at the coil?? it is a wisconsin gas engine..

Thanks in advance!!!
Rick:confused:

mouse

Occupation
(wishfully) avoiding work as much as possible
doesn't the shop manual tell you where it is? also see if you can find an engine manual somewhere as it'll probably give you more detail on the engine electrics.

did you work out what caused the fire??

i've got a toolcat exclusively for use round home. good thing, it doesn't dig as well as a skidsteer but for any sort of shifting operation it excels - like carting firewood 2 km from the tree to the storage.

other bonus is it doesn't tear up the ground like a skidsteer, which for any sort of work not in a gravel pit is a good thing.

lifting capactiy rated at 1500lb, it'll pretty easily pick up a ton.

TALLRICK

When it shuts down check for voltage at the coil. I had a friend with a machine that shut down and it was just vapor lock. Turns out the fuel tank had junk in it and restricted fuel flow.

rick342

Tallrick...Thanks for your help. I will do this next time I run it.
Whats the best way for checking for voltage at coil, and does the gas tank have a drain plug???
Thanks again...:confused:

Rick

Shawno

I will be using my 753 for the most part around my house now. It's great for building jumps for my kids (me too) on their snowmobiles. :D

olde_cars

I've used a Ford New Holland for the last 10 years on my 10-acre farm. It's done everything from regrading my hillside to picking up manure, and holding transmissions off the ground. I also found a staircase buried in my hillside

dmaxpower

I'm going to buy a 262 or a 262B to do some cleaning up. I hope to be further ahead then renting in the end.

thewrench

Occupation
the Wrench
Ramrod

Hello guys, new here to the forum . Got a good deal "free"
skid steer loader but have never seen one with an engine bay that pulls out like a file cabinet . What
a great idea ! and nobody that I have showed the machine to has ever seen this set up.It needed a head job had a blown gasket got it all done and running .It has a 4 cyl. kubota diesel 7009 hrs. on it runs like a top. however it has the name RAMROD on it and I can't figure out the year . I can't post any photos here for some reason .....:confused:

shorton

Occupation
Telecom Engineer
I've got a New Holland L783 that I use around the farm. Its invaluable for me cause I think I've got the only hilly land in North Texas. I use it for digging out the rainy weather creek that feeds the pond, fixing erosion problems, etc.

thewrench

Occupation
the Wrench
pic's of loader

Hello guys, new here to the forum . Got a good deal "free"
skid steer loader but have never seen one with an engine bay that pulls out like a file cabinet . What
a great idea ! and nobody that I have showed the machine to has ever seen this set up.It needed a head job had a blown gasket got it all done and running .It has a 4 cyl. kubota diesel 7009 hrs. on it runs like a top. however it has the name RAMROD on it and I can't figure out the year . I can't post any photos here for some reason .....:confused:
http://www.hotrodders.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/41260/cat/500/page/1
http://www.hotrodders.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/41259/cat/500/page/1

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 1999 763 F bobcat that I bought from the local bobcat dealer in 2003 when it had about 1800 hours on it. It came with new tires, new seat and a 90 day warranty. I paid $12,000 for it and that included a toothed bucket.

I now have a smooth bucket, grapple rake bucket, bobcat land plane, forks, auger and 2 bits. Waiting to be repaired to fit on it are a 9000 back hoe attachment (from an 825) and a trencher (the last 3 items were given to me free for the hauling away!) Yes I know the backhoe is "too big" for my 763 but the price was right and I can easily pick it up and move it with the forks so it can't be REALLY FAR over weight.

I have about 2400 hours on it now and I really do need to get the chain oil changed and do the 2000 hour service which is way over due. It starts and runs like a dream and I have only had minor problems that were easy to fix, such as the bottom hose on the control valve (yes a bit of a pain but it didn't cost much) new seals on the control valve, re-tighten the bolts on the parking brake solanoid mounting plate, change the oil and filters and give a good greasing on a regular basis. The tires are now down to about 30% but they still work just fine.

I bought it to level some DG on my property to make a pad for my new shop and once I had the machine, it was just so handy for so many things that I kept it and bought some other goodies for it. I use the forks the most then tied for second place are the two buckets and the land plane. I used the rock rake and grapple a lot when making the pad and it is still good for sifting out large rocks or weeds from the base soil after cleaning weeds etc from the property. We have 3+ acres in the foothills of the high desert in Ca. USA. Fire clearance is a big deal here and I am slowly re-shaping the property to get more flat ground. I love my BC and would be lost without it!

I do intend to possibly get into a little contract work with it once the building market comes back, there will be lots of new homes within 30 miles of me when the market comes back, perhaps I can pay for my toy that way!!:beatsme:D

toomacho

Occupation
High School Teacher
Bobcats are great for around the farm use. I'm sure you will never want to be without one now that you have one.:drinkup
I have found my 863 to be far more useful that a standard tractor, and extremely useful for the type of work you described.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I can't post any photos here for some reason .....:confused:

Now that you are a full member (3 posts) you should be able to upload pics. If you haven't seen this thread take a look - Posting pics

Also I fixed your links to the photos.

Last edited: