• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Where does old machinery go to die ?

Flat Thunder Channel

I have seen a few companies that are in the same business. They get paid to cleanout old facilities. This is the first I have seen that sells parts. The others I have looked at only sell complete pieces of equipment. Thanks for sharing!

Willie B

I'd guess somewhere across water it was built. Only a glimpse of the tool box door swinging closed, it wasn't anything I recognized. CGT

Nige

Many years ago I was at a diamond mine on the coast of what was then German SW Africa (now Namibia).
Effectively the diamonds were mined from material in the "sand" dunes right behind the beach.
Life-expired machines were sent to a graveyard that is visible on satellite. Under the regulations at that time nothing was allowed to leave the property of a diamond mine. http://www.artificialowl.net/2009/04/diamond-mine-vehicle-graveyard-of.html

DMiller

Unmistakable 951B