• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Where does old machinery go to die ?

Craig Klausen

Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager
There are quite a few dismantle businesses across the U.S. that take in those types of machines. Which is good for hard to find parts. The company I work for dismantles machines and ships parts all over the world. You could contact us or businesses like ours to get any parts you're looking for. https://www.hrparts.com/

Flat Thunder Channel

I have seen a few companies that are in the same business. They get paid to cleanout old facilities. This is the first I have seen that sells parts. The others I have looked at only sell complete pieces of equipment. Thanks for sharing!

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
I'd guess somewhere across water it was built. Only a glimpse of the tool box door swinging closed, it wasn't anything I recognized. CGT

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
CGT looks to be Italian. I believe they are a company making alterations to Caterpillar machines for special uses.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Many years ago I was at a diamond mine on the coast of what was then German SW Africa (now Namibia).
Effectively the diamonds were mined from material in the "sand" dunes right behind the beach.
Life-expired machines were sent to a graveyard that is visible on satellite. Under the regulations at that time nothing was allowed to leave the property of a diamond mine. http://www.artificialowl.net/2009/04/diamond-mine-vehicle-graveyard-of.html

Truck Shop

This outfit just bought 120 trucks to scrap of all types, out side sales guy told me most of the old stuff like in the photos below are getting snipped and scrapped to make room.

046.JPG 047.JPG 045.JPG 041.JPG

Mother Deuce

Last edited:

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Unmistakable 951B