• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What Browsers?

What Web Browser are you using

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 25 35.7%
  • Safari

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Mozilla FireFox

Votes: 38 54.3%
  • I use more than one browser depending on what I am doing

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Other (Please Elaborate)

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Google Chrome

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I use I/E since it's been the default on everything I've owned. I ran Netscape for a while but didn't really care for it. I'm open to suggestions that might cut down on some of the crap that gets through I/E.

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Owner operater crushing & contracting business
Internet Explorer here, I haven't tried any of the others, so I don't know what they are like. Our service provider has a spam filter which takes out all of the crap, so I am reasonably happy with it.

Rn'R.

Wolfcsm

IE at work mandated - do not like it at all.

FIREFOX at home on any and all systems there. Lots of features. Updated often. Just works well.

Hal

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
I now use google due to issues with firefox mainl when you would log off it would not allow you to log on showing the error "firefox is already running log out to restart firefox" and the only way to fix the error was to restart the system.

95zIV

Occupation
RR Contractor Super.
I prefer Mozilla, but because my bank's system and when I'm not VPN'd into work I can't send e-mails with it I have to use Internet Explorer.:Banghead

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
I now use google due to issues with firefox mainl when you would log off it would not allow you to log on showing the error "firefox is already running log out to restart firefox" and the only way to fix the error was to restart the system.

I added Google Chrome to the list...sorry about that.

zhkent

Occupation
Earthmoving
Firefox or Opera
Opera has kind of a cool speed dial page that shows 9 small web pages that you just click on to go there.

browser.jpg

To open that page you just click on the + that is right above the google search box

Last edited:

mudmaker

Since switching to firefox I have only opened IE when I have no other choice. I really like the spell checker!!

Chuck Wintle

Switched to Firefox sometime back and much prefer it to IE. MS has a very hard time responding to the market demands of the consumer because they are so big and bureaucratic, in my opinion. On the subject of Linux it will be the way to go for the future as hackers will continue to exploit the vulnerabilities of Windows. I only wish the scanning program used in Ubuntu recognized my scanner...until it does I am stuck working with Win XP.

HEO Girl

Here, there, and everywhere in Maine and beyond
Occupation
Fence & Guardrail Installation
:) Hackers just pick on Windows because that's mostly what the vulnerable people use. Meaning the people who just know how to turn it on :rolleyes:, who will click on anything in their email inbox. Especially love the people with routers that don't put pass word protection on them (Not that that would stop a hacker) :D. You can send them all kinds of funky things threw there network. Anyways if Linux was popular then probably they would start cracking that to, along with them there Apple contraptions.

JDOFMEMI

I agree with HOE girl about the hackers. They pick on whats popular. They know the smart users upgrade to something else, so they target the weak. I also think if one of the options, like firefox, gets too popular, it will have problems come up as well.

I use Avant browser. It is also free, updates regular, and I have had no trouble in about 3 years of using it. I multi task, and it is not uncommon for me to have 20 or 30 different windows open and running at the same time. Never a problem with Avant. If I open a page that takes more than a second or two to open, I go to another page, work on it a while, then come back.
Also, it works fine with microsoft updates. when I got my last computer, I opened IE, got online, downloaded Avant, shut down IE, then deleted the icons for IE off of everything except the all programs list, just so it can't get started by accident. Never used it since, and much happier for it.

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
I find that Firefox initially takes sometime to open up but when its running it seems much faster than IE. Its also heaps better at pop-up blocking and managing passwords. All around I wont be using IE unless I absolutley have to.

landrvrnut22

Occupation
Field Superintendent
I run a modified version of firefox. I tweeked to make it much faster than the standard version. I am running a dual system of Linux and Windows XP. Work Requires Windows, but I run it inside of Linux.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
I now use google due to issues with firefox mainly when you would log off it would not allow you to log on showing the error "firefox is already running log out to restart firefox" and the only way to fix the error was to restart the system.

The above error seems to have been repaired with the latest version of firefox did an upgrade recently and the issues it would appear to have been resolved,but now I find google a pleasure to use,fast and very user friendly but only time will tell if the protection of Firefox is as good with Google.

Chuck Wintle

The above error seems to have been repaired with the latest version of firefox did an upgrade recently and the issues it would appear to have been resolved,but now I find google a pleasure to use,fast and very user friendly but only time will tell if the protection of Firefox is as good with Google.
The trouble with google, in my opinion, and I may be wrong here, is the issue of privacy. Is it possible for google to track all your online web surfing? I think the answer is yes and that makes me stay away from using it. :usa

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
Internet Explorer 8. Firefox is allright but right now IR 8 do have the feature set I like.