• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What Browsers?

What Web Browser are you using

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 25 35.7%
  • Safari

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Mozilla FireFox

Votes: 38 54.3%
  • I use more than one browser depending on what I am doing

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Other (Please Elaborate)

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Google Chrome

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DarrylMueller

Occupation
Excavating Contractor & Operator
I had to switch to Fox fire from Netscape because Netscape stopped working at some sites but liked it the best, all in one and web page edit. I still use Netscape for HTML or web pages. I don't know why they quit Netscape and went to Foxfire, Mozilla is tied into both?

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
`here's one for you!

The trouble with google, in my opinion, and I may be wrong here, is the issue of privacy. Is it possible for google to track all your online web surfing? I think the answer is yes and that makes me stay away from using it. :usa

Climbdown over email database plan

Home Secretary Jacqui Smith ditched plans for a giant Government database tracking all emails, phone calls and internet activity.

Ms Smith said a central store of electronic data was an "extreme" solution and would have undermined privacy.

Instead, records of every electronic connection made by Britons will be held by private companies at a cost of around £2 billion.

Internet and telephone firms will be asked to collect and store vast amounts of information on who we are speaking to, what websites we are visiting and who we are exchanging emails with.

Communications data - which excludes the content of messages and calls - will be held for at least a year so it can be accessed by Government agencies such as the police and security services.

Ms Smith said the changes were needed to make sure law enforcement agencies and help them keep up with new technology. She said: "Advances in communications mean that there are ever more sophisticated ways to communicate and we need to ensure that we keep up with the technology being used by those who would seek to do us harm.

"It is essential that the police and other crime-fighting agencies have the tools they need to do their job. However, to be clear, there are absolutely no plans for a single central store.

She accepted concerns over privacy had undermined plans for a single data store. Privacy campaigners said it would have been an unjustified intrusion in to our lives and an unnecessary extension of "Big Brother" snooping.

Ms Smith said: "There were two elements that I think people could be concerned about. One was the state holding the data. The other was the data all being concentrated in one place.

"It is to overcome those concerns about privacy that the proposal involves Communication Service Providers retaining the data that comes from them and passes across their networks."

Stock

Last edited:

HEO Girl

Here, there, and everywhere in Maine and beyond
Occupation
Fence & Guardrail Installation
Anything you put on the internet belongs to the internet or whatever website you put it on . . It's a dog eat dog world on the internet really. No ones safe anywhere. To be honest I think hackers play Eany Meany Miny Mo to pick which people they steal money from. .

JonesBros

Occupation
Operator/Mechanic/Truck Driver/Fabricator
I use Firefox w/ the Windows Vista-areo add on to make it look just like IE 8. I recently updated my IE7 to IE8 and no sooner than I first open IE the damn thing froze.. what a coincidence, so I stick with Firefox. For those running Firefox, Add Block Plus is the greatest app! No more adds nowhere!

OCR

Occupation
Rancher/Farmer, Wildland Fire Fighter, State snowp
Eeeew... I was about ready to up date to IE8... :(

May be... I'll "sit back" for awhile... :cool2

What caused the freeze up... any idea?

OCR

OCR

Occupation
Rancher/Farmer, Wildland Fire Fighter, State snowp
I updated to IE8 and I'm not having any problems at all :beatsme
I might go ahead and up date then... been wanting to for awhile now.

OCR... :)

JonesBros

Occupation
Operator/Mechanic/Truck Driver/Fabricator
I don't know exactly what the deal was, I updated it Tuesday and restarted my laptop and no sooner than I connected to the internet and opened up the browser it froze. I switched to Firefox for that reason and had a pretty bad taste in my mouth from IE freezing non stop on me. So i'll stick with what works for me :)

BigK75

Occupation
Manager of IT department
I use firefox. Its faster and has ad blocking capability. I know IE has to these days. It also does not seem to have as many security issues as IE does.

Claude

Wolf

I have heard that firefox is better than IE, but I guess old habits die hard. I just upgraded my IE from a very antique and obsolete version 6.

xcavator120

Occupation
Equipment Operator
While IE is getting better, it still is not as good as FF. However before switching to FF several years ago I used Maxthon. It was from there that I made the switch to FF. What turned me off on IE, was MS bullying attitude of use our browser or else. When they basically wove IE into their OS, so that it is near impossible to uninstall it, and it always wants to be the default, I decided nope, not even. I do have it installed, but very rarely use it.

razerface

What is SeaMonkey like? I use FireFox but I'm interested because I have some issues with Thunderbird for business use.

Just like old netscape,,,,but less issues. Very fast browser. Has email integrated inside if you want it.