• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Welcome!!!

Porkchop

Occupation
Owner A&D Enterprises Inc.
Might as well say my hello also...

Everybody calls me Porkchop but my name is Kevin. I own A&D Enterprises, a single truck business hauling mostly asphalt. Been in trucking for about 10 years now, did about 3 years on a paving crew before that. Hope I gain a bit of knowledge from hanging out here... thanks guys!

Porkchop

Occupation
Owner A&D Enterprises Inc.
Thanks!! I got that guy to email me the DesignCad files, problem is I can't view them cause I don't have that program. So I'm currently hunting something for my Mac that'll let me open and view .DC files. I'm on my way though to being even more lazy than I was last week....

abaker4809

Hi everyone just looking for info on some heavy equipment tools that were left to me and cant seem to find out any info on them. Hope someone here knows something.

Phill

Occupation
land Survey Assistant
Hi my name is Phill, i am just an enthusiest, i enjoy reading about equipment, working and repair. i found this site thru another forum i read HanksTruckpictures.com, I wish my grandad was still around so i could show him photos of all teh MB equipment in teh forestry section as he worked for MB all his life.

Son of Pipeman

Son of Pipeman, My father was a lifetime operator, and that had me around HE since I could walk, I was an operator with 324 in the late 70's and early 80's. After that I started a trucking business (what was I thinking lol) everything from gravel, machinery, iron, you name it. I finally settled in Air Freight. Now I mostly just use my equipment on my farm in SE MI not an expert like some I know, but still love cranking up a machine and working it. I also enjoy working on them.

Pa Highwayman

Occupation
Operating Engineer Local 542 IUOE
Hi Pa Highwayman Here 30 year construction man here. I'm just tinkering with some Komatsu Mini Excavators I have . I have issues with one right now and to be quite honest I don't know how to contact other members or even post can you help me! I like your site!!! Gog Bless Highway!!

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I have issues with one right now and to be quite honest I don't know how to contact other members or even post can you help me!

The "probationary member" thing is explained here.

Since you're apparently not a spammer, I can also promote you through the control panel, which I'll do right now. (You just happened to catch my attention at a good time.) And welcome to HEF. :)

Kobe130

Occupation
Economist, power company
I joined this forum in Feb of this year. As well as the camaraderie of discussing common interests it has been very useful to get the comments of more experienced hands. Likewise I have tried to return the favour when I can. I work a an economist at the provincial power utility but my spouse calls me a "Tim Taylor Knockoff" and indeed if it has an engine in it I'm interested. I started out drag racing back in the 1970's but graduated to HE with my first 580k bought to do useful work on the lakeside here. Coupla skids, a Thomas 233hd and a Case 95XT plus a 580 Super L. Latest addition this year a Kobelco SK130lc which is going to handle rip rap duties around here. Oh also have a JLG 600A coming to help finish the house. These were all purchased used so my tools sometimes work overtime and as always for a guy like me if I can't safely maintain it myself then I have no business owning it. The breadth of discussion on this forum is fantastic. Besides the specific machine topics I enjoy the Safety forum and have already learned from it.

Rmayle

I am new to this..I have a question regarding a fuel problem I am having with my 257 Cat skidsteer. I am getting plenty of fuel in the injection pump..but I can not get through the lines to the injectors..I need help!! It is damp..not completely dry but can not get it to start!! Frustrated!! I can start it on ether but it won't stay running!! I need help please!!!

Haulier

Occupation
Project Manager
Hi everyone,

I just joined the forum and didn't have much time to look around but I got a really good first impression of what this forum is all about and
I'm looking forward to start posting and taking parts on ongoing threads contributing with my knowledge and learning from others.

1weare

1weare ,hello from Maine

I own a komatsu 120-3. (1985?) Ive had it for 9 years.Its been a great mech., but has had some issues lately.Im going to post about them shortly.

When anyone asks me about excavation , I tell then Im a contractor ( Home builder)who happens to own a excavator. Ive put about 2000 hours on the mech. so I feel pretty comfortable with it.From clearing lots to house/septics.

This seem like a great site for info. Looking foward to using it. Thanks

88 gtu

Hi all,
I'm new to this site.I found it by searching on google for heavy equipment jobs.I'm looking to get into this trade.Feel free to point me in the right direction.Thanks, Brian

oldjustin

erkin
hi to all.
justin here from australia farm 2000 acre on kangaroo island have bulldozers excavator tractors ect curent project is transplanting a perkins 6.354 into a td9-91, happy to chat about tractor and trying to keep old steel alive.

Mark Thompson

Occupation
Heavy Equipment operator and superintendent
Greetings,

Just ran across the forum while doing some online research and after reading the group post I had to join. Started out in the 1970's as a combat engineer in the Marines and been in construction ever since, operator and heavy hauler. Thanks for the great forums!

Five-O

Five-O

I was born into family construction/redi-mix business. Grandfather started it and my father worked for him up until I was 10 before he turned to a new line of work. I worked there (for free) up until I was old enough to join the Air Force. After the service I was hired on to Illinois DOT. I just started a construction business with my four brothers. I stumbled upon the site looking for some reference. Glad I did, there is a wealth of knowledge here.

Andy

D6Dave

Hello from Oklahoma. Just purchased a old D6B to use around the farm/ranch. I'm here to learn all I can. Hobbies are hunting/fishing/fixing old cars.

Someotherguy

Someotherguy

Hi all.
New to the fourm.
Im a construction G/C and do some "micro blasting" as well.
Theres a lot of information here.
Kudos to Steve for introducing it.
If your from Maine be sure to say hi.
Jason