• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Welcome!!!

10SPEED

Occupation
Rigger
Hi, from Ohio, and own a rigging business. own 1 truck, a landol trailer and a few forklifts.

rasit

Rasit
I'm a 54 yr old Gen. Super for a large, Heavy Civil contractor in the Mid-Atlantic region. Started laying pipe before they had lasers, remember pony motors on dozers, not so old that I ever worked with draglines, and have carved out a great career in the business. Know I have a lot to learn and a lot to share. Glad to be the latest newbie.

Occupation
I cook food for people
Greetings,
I'm almost 49 years old. I don't work in the heavy equipment field or construction industry. But I do have experience with old OSHKOSH (1940's) trucks, Cummins diesel engines (HR-6), rebuilding starters/generators/alternators for most applications, and cars that had no computers and weighed over two tons.
Right now I am concentrating on expanding my personal archive of antique car/truck/construction machinery sales literature....and expanding my knowledge.
Glad to be here.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Rasit
I'm a 54 yr old Gen. Super for a large, Heavy Civil contractor in the Mid-Atlantic region. Started laying pipe before they had lasers, remember pony motors on dozers, not so old that I ever worked with draglines, and have carved out a great career in the business. Know I have a lot to learn and a lot to share. Glad to be the latest newbie.

Welcome there RASIT sorry you are not quite eligible for the old duffers club,but looking forward to your posts.hope you have a picture or two to share with us..............watch out for Atco and Tiny ...........................they contribute significantly to the forum........................me well i'm just here to lower the tone of the place......

Merp

Occupation
Product Development
Hi all,
I work as a product development engineer for Cummins, generally the QSK45,60,78 products.
Its good to browse through some posts on this forum to understand the conditions that our products operate under, also its nice to read up on the competition!

HoraceM

Hi all, I'm on here to help a friend out in getting to know his Mitsubishi MM30SR mini excavator, and need a workshop manual etc. - not much help elsewhere so far though, but I'm sure someone on here will be able to assist.
Cheers all
HoraceM

tifmicocrane

my name is Tiffanie and I work for a heavy equipment buyer. We buy equipment all over the world and import/export them. We are looking to start a rental division for heavy equipment hence why I joined this site. Does anyone have any input on the demand for heavy equipment rental? We are located in houston, Tx, but will move anywhere, any time. Any advice/knowledge is greatly appreciated and accepted. Also, why can't new people post new threads? Thanks!

HoraceM

Hi Tiffanie, as a newbie myself I wondered that, you just have to post three replies to someone else's thread and then you will be activated and be able to post yourself (it is in the FAQs but it took me some finding) Can't help about the other stuff though, got enough problems of my own, Sorry.
HoraceM

Last edited:

blademan150

Occupation
Retired Local 150 Operating Engineer
Just wanted to say Hi, found the site yesterday, like it so far. My Dad had a small dirt outfit that he started in the early 60's thats when I went to work at age 7 raking, shoveling, checking grade and whatever he needed me to do, worked for him til he sold out in mid 80's. The hall sent me out to a company to run finish blade and was with them til I retired last fall. Iron has sure changed, started out running cat and pans that had crank start pony motors and cable lift hoes and finished up in a blade that would do everything except cook you dinner. Was a great ride, might even miss it some times.......NAH nice meeting you all....Clyde

ANTHONY ROAD

hi
my name is bill i have been in business for 26 years building roads for the forest service and logging companies i can run anything you put in front of me

4500GUY

Hello to All!

I have been fortunate enough to have inherited my families farm equipment which includes a 1937 Farm-All, 1964 Ford 2000, 1968 Ford 3400 Ind., & a 1975 Ford 4500 TLB. Am now in the process of fixing up the 4500, although it's in good original condition and doesn't look like it's been used too hard.
This looks like a very informative forum and I'm hoping to share any info I have.

Thanks!

Dave (4500GUY)

4500GUY

Thanks Willie59!

I have a question for you in regards to the injection pump on my 75' 4500. She starts fine when cold and runs strong. After I shut her down hot and try to start it's almost as though there is no fuel at the pump. After sitting for about 20-30 minutes I can her to start right up. Worn head & rotor perhaps??

FergyMassey

Although I've been in the IT business for the past 10 years, this is my first forum. Received lots of good information when I visited this site in the past so I decided to join an informed group. Have property around my house/farm that needs tending so I own a '62 Case 480CK backhoe, MF 50HX backhoe and MF 150 tractor. I believe both the Massey Fergusons are in the '80s. As you can see, the old equipment requires maintenance from time to time. In the process of getting information, I hope to able to provide useful information.

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
Hello everyone, I just found your forum the other day... Looks great so I joined up!

A little info about me:
I have always found machinery and equipment fascinating so I bought my first dozer about 25 years ago now I have 6 crawlers and quite a few wheeled machines... some run some are in various stages of repair.
It's always fun to work on old iron except when your trying to get a job done with the machine in question, that's the reason I like running new equipment for someone else.
Looking forward to joining in and maybe helping with solving problems as I certainly have had to solve lots of them through the years.

HONYOK

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Howdy, I have been reading your forum for a couple months now and figured I might as well register and start posting as I am sure I will have some future questions. I have been running heavy equipment for around 20 years now with most of my time on a 310E. I just recently bought my own backhoe, a 1974 580B CK, no extenda hoe but it has a 4 in 1 front bucket. I would like to thank all of you guys for the amazing amount of information on this forum and I look forward to talking with you all. I did a lot of research on HEF before I bought this backhoe, it has a few small problems but seems to run and drive good so hopefully it will last a while. Thanks!

PHeller

Occupation
Trail Planner
PHeller

Hi folks,

I'm a young guy. 26, from a small town surrounded by big cities. College educated with a degree in Business and another in Environmental Geography. I come from a family of truck drivers and craftsman. Spent most of my life outdoors, playing in the woods. I ride lots of mountain bike, motorcycle, and do my fair share of backpacking and fishing.

Despite knowing the valuable computer aided mapping system called Geographic Information Systems, or GIS; I've not had the enjoyment of sitting in an office all day staring at a computer screen.

For the last year I've been working part time for a land trust, working to plan and develop hiking, biking, and horseback trails for public use. I use the GIS/GPS for mapping out the areas that are most suitable for "sustainable" trails, and help HANDBUILD the trails. The land trust has a good maintenance crew for building small trails, but for parking lots or roads...they get contractors with equipment. I'd prefer if those contractors knew how to build trails...usually they dont.

I'd like to get training not only for this job, but future jobs, in heavy equipment and light excavators. Building trails for horses or hikers, bicycles or OHV (off highway vehicle) is much different than building roads. I'd hope that this forum could point someplace where I can get good training without ripping myself off.