• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Warning about power probe!

TVA

When you look at advertising for PPKIT04 kit they make it out as three tools in one - it’s simply a lie!
Everything there for Power Probe IV, and everything there for tracer 3000, but for lead kit there’s only 3’ lead that’s it. Same kit they we’re selling earlier used to have “male to male” and “female to female” connectors - the one that arrived yesterday don’t even have those anymore.

The company that I bought my kit from advertising as three kits in one!
And the lead kit supposed to have:
Two 1’ leads
One 3’ lead
One 6’ lead
Tip for Power Probe tool
Alligator clamp for Power Probe ground lead
Male to male adapter
Female to female adapter

Out all of that I got only 3’ lead

One can argue that a lot of the stuff comes with PB tool and tracer kit, but even than :
1’ leads, 6’ lead and “male to male” and “female to female” is still not there!

If you look at PB website at the picture of that kit you can see those
Male to male and female to female are still there, but the one that showed up today don’t even have those!

This is at minimum miss advertising, at maximum - fraud!

StanRUS

Maybe? You should visit PB website: right click and take a screenshot of the advertised products you purchased. Contact customer support, "hey I did not receive all of the Kit's contents as advertised"...also ask for product supports' email address and person in charge...email the screenshot
Screenshot_2019-02-05 Warning about power probe .png

TVA

I’ll talk to the people who I bought from, as I didn’t buy it directly from PB!
It’s just warning to others on forum that they will not be getting what they thinking.
PB and their agents are very sketchy on these kits, it’s really hard to find list of items, and most of the pictures shows leads on pile.

TVA

Here's another warning...……...Zombies are coming, Bank on it!:eek:
Are you being sarcastic? Or just messing with me?
Because tell you honestly - I’m pissed, I don’t mind spending another $50 on full lead kit, but the tactics they use do lure people in and screw them over make me mad!

Vetech63

Are you being sarcastic? Or just messing with me?
Because tell you honestly - I’m pissed, I don’t mind spending another $50 on full lead kit, but the tactics they use do lure people in and screw them over make me mad!
I'm just screwing around. I had too much coffee this morning!:D If I was in your position, I'd send it back to them.

TVA

I'm just screwing around. I had too much coffee this morning!:D If I was in your position, I'd send it back to them.

IDK, I kinda need it, but I’ll show the some of my “bad side”, just wanted people to know, and do not repeat my mistake!

TVA

IDK, I kinda need it, but I’ll show the some of my “bad side”, just wanted people to know, and do not repeat my mistake!
When you start working on those manlifts you tend to need some electrical tools, bought PPIV because I do more complex diagnostics from time to time, but working from from platform of 85’ or 100’ man lift having something like this saves you time, compared to regular test light and jumpers!

TVA

When you start working on those manlifts you tend to need some electrical tools, bought PPIV because I do more complex diagnostics from time to time, but working from from platform of 85’ or 100’ man lift having something like this saves you time, compared to regular test light and jumpers!
BTW, just yesterday was at local Case dealer, they had JLG manlift from some gypsum or lime company - almost all electric contacts eated up by corrosion! BIG time!!!

Vetech63

BTW, just yesterday was at local Case dealer, they had JLG manlift from some gypsum or lime company - almost all electric contacts eated up by corrosion! BIG time!!!
See that quite a bit in the heavy equipment here. I have never figured out why they don't dedicate a machine to spreading fly ash because of the corrosion issue. Its like "Lets not just have one machine covered in the s$%#, let use whatever is on the job and contaminate ALL of them."

TVA

Yep! I’m returning it! Tool Discounter didn’t even realized this before I called them. They said we hust get it from Power Probe and don’t even open them.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Sounds like another user who never heard of Senson Electroguard grease. Anything where humidity or water is concerned it's the mutt's nuts. They also do a marine version ........... http://sensontek.com.au/greases-tapes/electroguard-dielectric-grease-250g-cartridge/
http://sensontek.com.au/greases-tapes/marineguard-dielectric-grease-250g-cartridge/
Add that to the Senson Amalgamating tape and connections remain pretty much 100% damp-proof until you want to disassemble them.

TVA

Sounds like another user who never heard of Senson Electroguard grease. Anything where humidity or water is concerned it's the mutt's nuts. They also do a marine version ........... http://sensontek.com.au/greases-tapes/electroguard-dielectric-grease-250g-cartridge/
http://sensontek.com.au/greases-tapes/marineguard-dielectric-grease-250g-cartridge/
Add that to the Senson Amalgamating tape and connections remain pretty much 100% damp-proof until you want to disassemble them.
Thanks Nige! Already shared it with Case! Turns out it is their lease machine, so they paid attention!

BillG

By all means call PP. Heck I've bought many kits through the years that were missing a part or component and have mostly been impressed by support of the maker. I needed longer leads and clips for my PP-IV, I called them to see if I could purchase the special plug to make my set. They sent me the complete adapter to make it from at no charge. They even asked why I needed to extend them, I explained that a lot of equipment has the batteries separated many times by a few feet. And I needed them so I could reach the + and - terminals. They may make them available if they could determine a good length.

JD955SC

Is this supposed to be the master kit with the PP4, the ECT3000 and supposedly the delux lead set?

I know the 4 doesn’t have the extension power cable included (and it’s pricey to buy it) but I thought it had the probe set like the 3 master kit does

TVA

Is this supposed to be the master kit with the PP4, the ECT3000 and supposedly the delux lead set?

I know the 4 doesn’t have the extension power cable included (and it’s pricey to buy it) but I thought it had the probe set like the 3 master kit does
Yeah, out of that lead kit the only thing is 3’ lead - that’s it!

TVA

Basically it’s PP4 and what comes with it, then tracer 3000 and what comes with it and extra 3’ lead, so don’t believe they is combination of three kits. It’s comb of two kits and one extra lead.

JD955SC

I’d be pretty pissed too and calling Powerprobe

They also really need to update their website