• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Warning about power probe!

mikebramel

Have to watch out on the PP4. The case on mine split in the first few months. Extension cable is expensive and made with cheap wire... jacket gets very stiff. Great tool though, love the added features.

JD955SC

Have to watch out on the PP4. The case on mine split in the first few months. Extension cable is expensive and made with cheap wire... jacket gets very stiff. Great tool though, love the added features.

I bought a PP4 and then returned it pretty quickly when I found out the non included extension cable was $80ish. I knew the previous generation has like a $10 extension cable and includes one from the factory and that I could buy another one and have some real reach so I just ordered a kit with the PP3 with the lead set and a 5V reference adapter that drops the output for computer safe diagnostics

If I was working on cars I’d probably want the 4 with its tests but for my use on equipment I think the 3 will be plenty useful and a lot cheaper to add more extension leads as needed. I borrowed a coworkers 3 yesterday and it helped me out a lot.