• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Walker's work doing's

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Had it happen on a four valve head with valve bridges. The bridge jumped sideways off of the valve stem and pressed on the top of the valve stem cap. Popped the keepers out and dropped the valve on to the top of the piston as it was coming up. Since the stem didn't make it completely out of the guides, the piston bent it slightly and it stuck in the up position out of the way. I had done eighteen straight hours putting this engine back together just so they could move logs in the morning. Replaced the head the next morning and put them to work. Never worked those numbers of hours straight ever again.

walkerv

3126 found a loose jam nut from a 3rd party repair a year ago , not sayying it couldnt happen to anyone but i personally have never had a jam nut come loose . Not sure what it jammed against to bend it but everything looks ok so im gonna order in a new push rod and run the valves and see what happens .this is in our lube truck so it is vital to get going asap .View attachment 280843
Starting running the overhead before i left work the jam nuts are barely tight torqued several down with a torque just to see how much they moved and was appalled at how much they moved .

walkerv

The bent pushrod job went off with no further damage found replaced the 1 push rod ran the valves and all was ok .
My side job k4n Mitsubishi i got fed up looking for parts and sent owner a link for a Taiwan made complete repair kit off ebay , hoping that doesnt get tied up in customs so i can get it to the machine shop