• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo Equipment

JGS Parts

Occupation
Owner JGS Machinery
Well yeah i have to agree about the wheel loaders they are great machines never heard any bad words about them.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
All work well for the first 5,000 hours. Plastic in the cabs seems to crackup after sun damage. Parts supply and costs go from average to poor. Excavators are not as good as the big three. Wheel loaders are about par with Komatsu and Deere. Artics are probably the best of the bunch.

Permafrost-ed

I loved the new Volvos i ran. Heated seats, great ergonomics and well thought out cabs. I found them to have great power and the Hydraulics were accurate. The Black boom is a great idea to hide grease stains. The ones I operated had great lights as well. None ever seemed to break down either and the oldest one was around 7000hrs. There were 2 290's a 240 and a 210 on the site at the time.

Ryanrb25

Our old EC240B had 8000 Hours on it when we traded it on a brand new EC240C. Both have brilliant hydraulics, stable and reliable. I'd have to say the old girl had just as much accuracy and power as the new girl. 1500Hours in on the EC240C and is a pleasure to operate. Economy has stepped right up with the newer version however is still a little thirsty.

Volvo G930 Grader is a brilliant all round grader. The only thing i can fault with it is the hydraulics can sometimes be a tad too fast for small adjustments. The slew design with two hydraulic cylinders working in sync together is a fantastic idea and strong. 11 gears forward and 9 gears for reverse. Sounds like a boeing 747 under full song. Genuine cutting edges last ages. We use it in sync with a TOPCON 3D GPS system. But the outstanding thing is how much push it has.

nixs

Try out the new D-series excavators up to EC300D with positive hydraulic control, really a step up from the older series. The old ones where not poor either!

Track

VOLVO, the two L150's we had were worked hard and the engines failed on both around 10K hours. We now have two L220F loaders and they are dogs. Break out force and strenght are there, just not tuned hydraulics like other machines, lot's of complaints. THe dealer has tried to fix them but can't. The Volvo excavator we rented was a POS, it didn't compare to Cat, Komatsu or Hitachi and Deere stuff. I don't know why people are saying they are good, I ran it trying to figure out what was wrong with it and we sent it back . All the VOlvo stuff uses the Tech tool that requires updating every two months or it doesn't work anymore until the dealer reloads it. I did notice at an auction that the Volvo used equipment doesn't fetch much. We had some volvo graders and they were really bad, just rebuilt Champions with different paint and electronics. Same crappy steering and poor brakes and allot of steady problems. Volvo says they are the largest engine manufacturer in the world, that doesn't mean they are the best. They are very competitevly priced, and the bottom dollar machines you get what you pay for.

SeaMac

Occupation
Operator
Hmm,

Never heard many say negative things about Volvo's, most I know sing high praises. As for Volvo engines, as far as I'm aware Volvo owns Deutz and most of their engines are just that, Deutz. And Deutz makes a quite fine engine indeed. As for Komatsu, 'matsu's for the most part are disposable and certainly the bottom dollar variety machine. When they're brandy new they are fine machines, get some hours on them and they quickly turn into garbage. I suppose that's why they make chocolate and vanilla, to each his own.

VOLVO, the two L150's we had were worked hard and the engines failed on both around 10K hours. We now have two L220F loaders and they are dogs. Break out force and strenght are there, just not tuned hydraulics like other machines, lot's of complaints. THe dealer has tried to fix them but can't. The Volvo excavator we rented was a POS, it didn't compare to Cat, Komatsu or Hitachi and Deere stuff. I don't know why people are saying they are good, I ran it trying to figure out what was wrong with it and we sent it back . All the VOlvo stuff uses the Tech tool that requires updating every two months or it doesn't work anymore until the dealer reloads it. I did notice at an auction that the Volvo used equipment doesn't fetch much. We had some volvo graders and they were really bad, just rebuilt Champions with different paint and electronics. Same crappy steering and poor brakes and allot of steady problems. Volvo says they are the largest engine manufacturer in the world, that doesn't mean they are the best. They are very competitevly priced, and the bottom dollar machines you get what you pay for.

Matt_H

Best warranty around and with the local dealer support i have hear I will only buy Volvo excavators and loaders. Have machines with 5000hrs + no problems just ordered new 220d

Permafrost-ed

Hmm,

Never heard many say negative things about Volvo's, most I know sing high praises. As for Volvo engines, as far as I'm aware Volvo owns Deutz and most of their engines are just that, Deutz. And Deutz makes a quite fine engine indeed. As for Komatsu, 'matsu's for the most part are disposable and certainly the bottom dollar variety machine. When they're brandy new they are fine machines, get some hours on them and they quickly turn into garbage. I suppose that's why they make chocolate and vanilla, to each his own.

I agree with all ove the above!

plantman.uk

Occupation
excavator operator
Very nice excavators, iv'e run a few over the years and they have driver comfort in mind i had a nice 460 for a long time, really enjoyed it, a nice muck shift machine, steady and responsive, heated seat and radio i'm set.

volvofreak

Occupation
ceo
Used their excavators for several years. Quite happy with them. Ofcourse you can get used to everything over a couple of years, after which you'll think it's best in industry :)

pf/l

Occupation
Farmer/logger/heavy equipment op.
Have owned a Volvo L90C wheel loader for 10 years now without any trouble. Curently has just over 12,000 hours on it. Oil stays crystal clear between changes and doesn't use a drop. Cheap to run as well as quiet and smooth. Loading logs with it it uses about the same rate of fuel as our skid steer. Parts are expensive but as a rule you don't need them so that argument kind of goes out the window in my books. I haven't had any direct experience with thier excavators but anyone that I've talked to that has them and works them has been very satisfied.

Ryan

mxsledder

I've got 3000 hrs a a 07 360b excavator.. Overall I like the machine. My two gripes is the drawbar pull is slightly weak and when doing fine grading its not as precise as other machines I've ran.

UrParts

They are the correct hours. To be fair it did have a problem with the transmission but to get to 71,000 hours is a good testament to Volvo loaders.