• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo Equipment

JGS Parts

Occupation
Owner JGS Machinery
Ryanrb25 i have seen a CAT dozer with over 100,000hrs on the frame. also he didnt state how old the machine was either.

RCMEDIA

VOLVO, the two L150's we had were worked hard and the engines failed on both around 10K hours. We now have two L220F loaders and they are dogs. Break out force and strenght are there, just not tuned hydraulics like other machines, lot's of complaints. THe dealer has tried to fix them but can't. The Volvo excavator we rented was a POS, it didn't compare to Cat, Komatsu or Hitachi and Deere stuff. I don't know why people are saying they are good, I ran it trying to figure out what was wrong with it and we sent it back . All the VOlvo stuff uses the Tech tool that requires updating every two months or it doesn't work anymore until the dealer reloads it. I did notice at an auction that the Volvo used equipment doesn't fetch much. We had some volvo graders and they were really bad, just rebuilt Champions with different paint and electronics. Same crappy steering and poor brakes and allot of steady problems. Volvo says they are the largest engine manufacturer in the world, that doesn't mean they are the best. They are very competitevly priced, and the bottom dollar machines you get what you pay for.

Wow how can one guy know so much about Volvo's to make a blanket statement that they are all junk. You're reading to may comic books and spending too much time on forums. I bet you drive an Edsel

tctractors

How things are in the U.K. with the Volvo iron, firstly just about everything they make is well liked and is known to work well with lots of machines clocking up massive hours, the dealer back up both parts and service is the envy of near all others including CAT, like most things today as new kit comes on to the market the design changes sometimes are to be seen as a backward step after the equipment has taken a thrashing without the correct service work done, the Dumpers suffer with this in a few areas, ballance beam bushings being a good example, I enjoy working on Volvo kit as the build quality is A1 also Volvo Technical service is very good with any detail needed on a repair easy to seek out, the loading shovels might not be the fastest in the pit, but they work harder and longer than any other in their class.
If you want to enquire about kit that is best described as in general stuff to avoid, 3 letters come to mind, no its not CAT its JCB, this kit is full of dramas like a Dolled up Woman, nice to look at but High Maintenance sometimes not worth the effort.
tctractors

bugzvd

Occupation
heavy equipment operator
i have recently measured the diesel consumption of my EC210b prime volvo excavator..the consumption is 13-14lts for hour in heavy digging....

but in comparison

my unit of hitachi EX200-2(and old model unit of excavator) consumed an awesome 8-9liters per hour in continous heavy digging..

i dont know whats the explanation in this..but i definitely sure that this is not a phenomena..but rather an engine performance...deutz vs isuzu bd series..