• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Toyota SDK8 info...

acama007

Hi Tool King,

Does the service manual tell you what warning lights on mean?

I currently have three warning lights on plus my Charge light that all appeared out of nowhere and I am trying to work out what is wrong

Thanks in advance

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Hi Tool King,

Does the service manual tell you what warning lights on mean?
I have a lay out on what they are .Send me a email to tool_king@hotmail.com and will sent them to you with service manual.
I currently have three warning lights on plus my Charge light that all appeared out of nowhere and I am trying to work out what is wrong

Thanks in advance

wayben

Occupation
Retired
As of this writing (10/07/2018) no one has found the elusive parts list/breakdown and or rebuild manual for the 2J DIESEL 2.5 LTR 4 CYL. ENG. FOR TOYOTA 2SDK SERIES SS OR TOYOTA FORKLIFTS. Has ANYONE located any other manuals covering aforementioned items and would gladly share with the rest of the membership? Thanks for all for contributing......Cranky
Hi Cranky I havent been on line for a while as the 2J had 3 sets of piston rings go. Got really noisy but still ticked over. Toyotas aye. Anyway I have just recondiitioned mine and about to reinstall . I have the Toyota industrial equipment EPC disk and workshop manual SDK 5, 6, 7 & 8. So if anyone needs any parts info etc I can help them out Cheers Wayne

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Hi Cranky I havent been on line for a while as the 2J had 3 sets of piston rings go. Got really noisy but still ticked over. Toyotas aye. Anyway I have just recondiitioned mine and about to reinstall . I have the Toyota industrial equipment EPC disk and workshop manual SDK 5, 6, 7 & 8. So if anyone needs any parts info etc I can help them out Cheers Wayne
Hi wayben
Would I be able to get a copy of the files on the disc ? My email address is tool_king@hotmail.com .
thank you
Ed

Hokie14

I purchased a sdk8 recently. The Owner said to make sure the safety cable was straight when the safety bar is lowered. Everything worked when I test drove it but the pedals won’t freely operate now that I got it home. The bucket is currently stuck up as it raised using the aux pedal to get it off the trailer. I tried calling the previous owner he said he hasn’t to mess with the safety cable when the pedals would stick. I have had 0 luck and even tried adjusting it via the threads. Someone has relaxed this cable in the past it’s the newest looking part on the machine. I filled up the hydraulic fluid and that made it run a little smoother as it was down to about 2 gallons ish.

The pedals operated freely when I drove it at first so I don’t believe anything seized and it shouldn’t be like an adjustment but a ride on a trailer could have moved something around? The machine has been sitting for most of the last 10 years but runs like a top.

Sbucha

My pedals sometimes get stuck when fully depressed but unstick with I push in the opposite direction. I looked at my linkages back to the valve body last night and couldn't find the problem. I'm curious about this as well, I'm thinking it may be something in the valve body that the pedals operate. If you figure it out let me know

crankshaftdan

I purchased a sdk8 recently. The Owner said to make sure the safety cable was straight when the safety bar is lowered. Everything worked when I test drove it but the pedals won’t freely operate now that I got it home. The bucket is currently stuck up as it raised using the aux pedal to get it off the trailer. I tried calling the previous owner he said he hasn’t to mess with the safety cable when the pedals would stick. I have had 0 luck and even tried adjusting it via the threads. Someone has relaxed this cable in the past it’s the newest looking part on the machine. I filled up the hydraulic fluid and that made it run a little smoother as it was down to about 2 gallons ish.

The pedals operated freely when I drove it at first so I don’t believe anything seized and it shouldn’t be like an adjustment but a ride on a trailer could have moved something around? The machine has been sitting for most of the last 10 years but runs like a top.
If the machine has been idle for 10+ years I'm sure that a lot of rust and corrosion have taken over whatever idle parts that have not been exercised!! As a suggestion, I would take the time to pressure wash the whole machine, except the engine, check to see if you have all the zerk fittings intact and able to take grease(Metrics are on my machine2sdk7) use a high quality moly based, Hi pressure grease and re-grease them all-if moving parts have no zerks use a pressurized can of "Rust Buster" or equivilent solvent on the rest and maybe use some silicone spray on the cable assy from the safety arm down to where the cable terminates-it may be binding ??? Just my two cents worth-keep us posted on your progress!

Hokie14

If the machine has been idle for 10+ years I'm sure that a lot of rust and corrosion have taken over whatever idle parts that have not been exercised!! As a suggestion, I would take the time to pressure wash the whole machine, except the engine, check to see if you have all the zerk fittings intact and able to take grease(Metrics are on my machine2sdk7) use a high quality moly based, Hi pressure grease and re-grease them all-if moving parts have no zerks use a pressurized can of "Rust Buster" or equivilent solvent on the rest and maybe use some silicone spray on the cable assy from the safety arm down to where the cable terminates-it may be binding ??? Just my two cents worth-keep us posted on your progress!
I know it needs some love but it functioned fine the other day so I’m thinking it’s more safety cable related as the previous owner mentioned he had to fool with it some when lowering the bar. Looks like you have to take a lot of panels off to access the other end of the safety cable?

crankshaftdan

I know it needs some love but it functioned fine the other day so I’m thinking it’s more safety cable related as the previous owner mentioned he had to fool with it some when lowering the bar. Looks like you have to take a lot of panels off to access the other end of the safety cable?

That could possibly be your issue-my pedals sometime stick a little in extreme cold weather usually plowing snow from the driveway-my safety bar locks/clicks when in the down position-so I'm thinking my linkage may be binding a little? Everything on the internals on these machines is close quarter work issues/Oil change/filters change/adjustments etc., If I had the time available I would dis-assemble my whole machine and check out all the mechanicals and ELECTRIAL connections to make sure they are working the way they were intended too! I have approximately 3650 hours on mine so I know it needs chain adjustments/replacement, hyd. pressure checks, linkage adj./creep, new cylinder kits etc., de-rusting would also be in order with some new paint. Just like any other vehicle/setting unused causes lots of issues. I only log maybe 25 hours a year so I expect to have some issues. These seem to be great machines-however neglect causes issues with any brand! It would be great if we could re-furbish them all.

Hokie14

Has anyone replaced or adjusted the safety cable? Just looking to get any extra info before I tear into it. It definitely has been replaced and the portion I can see looks new minus the boot over the cable where it connects to the safety bar is sun damaged and I can see the nice silver cable underneath it. Cable can’t be but a couple years old I wouldn’t think? By far the nicest looking thing on the machine so it just may be an interface issue somewhere or a linkage it operates sticking

crankshaftdan

Did you check the 3 piece linkage arrangement on the floor where your 3 pedals are located? This would be by your left foot sitting in the machine compartment. My 7 series has one, however it is just bolted down and is not functional on my machine as PO cut the cable where it was attached at the safety arm. I always shut the machine off and lock out the bucket in up position with the 3/4" safety bolt located on upper side of cage before attempting to leave the unit or drop bucket back to earth for safety purposes. I don't know if your 8 series is the same arrangement-would think they would be somewhat the same?

Dolmar144

Hi guys, I have found it a bit frustrating that there are no really consolidated sources of information on these units so have set up the following facebook group for anyone that is interested.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/400721317504528/
Its not meant to detract from forums like this one but more a chance for me to document stuff I am doing with my unit and share information with others without clogging up more general forums.
If you have or are interested in these machines come and have a look.

Last edited:

Jopa

Здравствуйте уважаемые форумчане. Прошу Вас о помощи, скиньте ктонибуть инструкцию, схемы, мануал. По минипогрузчику toyota 4sdk8.

Stavros

Toyota SDK8 Hydraulic Fluid notes

For the record - Hydraulic fluid in Toyota 2SGK, 2SDK6, 2SDK7, 2SDK8

Automatic Transmission Fluid - Type F 6.6 Gallons (25L)
Service manual also specifies 1.5L (.4 Gal) additive. Dealer was not able to obtain Lubrizol additive without ordering from Japan. Sounds like most people skip it and that may be reason it is not easy to obtain. He was not able to tell me what it is supposed to do.

Lubrizol is an anti wear additive, from memory the designation number is Lubrizol 7096. If you do not use it you risk premature gear wear as ATF has minimal anti wear properties.

Last edited:

double jay

hoping you can help me. I have a Toyota 2sdk7 skid steer. I need to know what the fuel pressure should be so if either of the manuals you have can help me with that I would appreciate if you would send to me thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Hi I have a sdk 7 I need the 2j engine manual do u have it thanks.