• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Toyota SDK8 info...

Ralph

Just picked up an older Toyota SDK8 with 1,300 hours. I'm not finding a lot of info so I thought I'd post what I find as I go over it. I'd appreciate if anyone can fill in the gaps, add to the list, make corrections and share experience with the machine. I'm hoping a service manual shows up on eBay or Amazon soon. Can't wait to use it!

Fuel Filter Napa 3386
Oil Filter Napa 1521
Hydraulic Napa 51551

Fan Belt Mitsubishi 99523-11 52

Hydraulic Oil ????
Chain case Oil ????

USA Parts sources ????

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
G,day Ralph, common as doggy doo doo down her and a good solid machine. I rate them every bit as reliable as the Case 1845's. I often wondered if they were marketed under a different name elsewhere in the world. I don't have much time on them but every second operator round here has one. Parts are easy to come by here in the Down Under but I can't help you in the states. I guess look for a Toyota Industrial Forklift dealer as they have the line on parts here.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Good post, squizz. The Toyota skid is rare here in the states. With Bobcat, Cat, Case, Deere, Gehl, Tac; it's hard for Toyota to nudge into the market here. I agree, your Toyota Industrial Truck dealer should be able to help you out with parts. :)

Ralph

Thanks for info! It seems well laid out and many of the parts look "off the shelf". Does anybody know what hydraulic fluid Toyota calls for?

Is it normal to see ground below the pedals? Don't know if it's a design feature so guck does not gather below the pedals or if I'm missing a plate. I'll be pushing trees and brush so I wonder if it will be a problem with branches snaking my pedals.

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Ralph, over here, in the heat, the Toyota guys run 15W40 Diesel Engine Oil. I think the hole in the floor is how many of them come. I notice the latest models are starting to get a few creature comforts in the cab but the anything past the last 2 years was pretty basic.

B1G DIG

well
we have got a toyota 4sdk8 with aropung 700hrs bought 4 around $48,000au new and we are about 2 get a new 1 lol
it has only heen rolled once we were at a job when he turned span the skidsteer around and went over the crossover and over a pile of dirt just under half a foot and there was 3 tires with air and 1 solid and the machine started to go off to the side and on two tires because the solid didnt bounce back up like the air ones would and it was tipping so he started to drop the arm down to the ground but it was to late so he held his head and held on tight. after that he backed the truck up withh about 6 foot of chain and put it over the machine and put it on the volvos truck n10s tailgate and flipped it back over he checked the oilsw and there was no leaks then started it up and it went then he finished the job.

T O Y O T A S N E V E R D I E

DigDug

I had a sdk8 about 15yrs ago. It was a very solid machine and built well, anything toyota builds is good stuff in my opinion.

SDK 8 Bobcat

I just bought one of these and was wondering if anyone else has one. Once I have my 3 post count up I will post the details put I am hoping to get some advice on an issue I am having with it. Seems like there are a lot of peple on herre with knowledge on just about every model out there. :)

Ralph

Service Manual Available!!

Please send your business to these guys!

I asked Adam Smith at ACT Forklift in Winston Salem, NC (336 803-0698 adamsmith@actforklift.com ) if a manual for my SDK-8 was available. When I got back home a 330 page pdf file was waiting in my mailbox. I'll be reading myself to sleep tonight. This is better than a new Tom Clancy novel!

I've been using it to clear lots in the Carolina mountains and it's worked even better than I hoped it would. This is a rare bird and I'm glad there is support available.

Ralph

SDK 8 Bobcat

I asked Adam Smith at ACT Forklift in Winston Salem, NC (336 803-0698 adamsmith@actforklift.com ) if a manual for my SDK-8 was available. When I got back home a 330 page pdf file was waiting in my mailbox. I'll be reading myself to sleep tonight. This is better than a new Tom Clancy novel!

I've been using it to clear lots in the Carolina mountains and it's worked even better than I hoped it would. This is a rare bird and I'm glad there is support available.

Ralph

Ralph, Any chance you could e-mail me a copy of that manual. I would be forever in your debt! Thanks, Eric

oldhokie64

Have had one for 20 years

In 20 years, I have had one rusted teleflex cable for the safety bar, one rusted fuse end, one corroded terminal, one replacement seat (I keep it outside) and several battery replacements.

I understand that Toyota stopped selling them here in the US some 15 or so years ago due to dealers exporting new machines to other countries. I also understand that fork lifts went at the same time.

I would like to locate an after market muffler which would be my largest repair to date. The thing runs like a top, just don't run out of fuel as it is the hardest to prime diesel that I have ever owned.

So my request to you is "where can I find an after market muffler, close to bolt in".

yamaha920rules

sdk8 manual

Ralph

ralph is there anyway i could also get a copy of that manual , i would be glad to pay ?

Ralph

Toyota SDK8 Hydraulic Fluid notes

For the record - Hydraulic fluid in Toyota 2SGK, 2SDK6, 2SDK7, 2SDK8

Automatic Transmission Fluid - Type F 6.6 Gallons (25L)

Service manual also specifies 1.5L (.4 Gal) additive. Dealer was not able to obtain Lubrizol additive without ordering from Japan. Sounds like most people skip it and that may be reason it is not easy to obtain. He was not able to tell me what it is supposed to do.

Ordered some rubber boots, and a intake coolant hose. Parts seem to be readily available for my 2SDK8 machine. So far I've put 100 hours on the machine on steep terrain and have been pleased. It's coming up on 1,500 hours.

Ralph

Implements on Toyota 2SDK8

Coupling is not standard. I was able to adapt a new grapple bucket to machine by welding some "ears" above the lower attachment points to engage the pins. They should be easy to remove if I ever get a machine with the standard attachment plate.

If anyone has converted to the standard mount, please share since that would be the ideal solution! It would be nice to have the simplicity of a pre-computer machine and be able easily use any implements.

rickyjim

SDK8 service manual

I recently picked up a SDK8 Skid steer with some mechanical issues, I'm trying to find service manual on machine, I see you have access to a manual, how can I get copy, I will gladly pay, can you help me out?

tatony

toyota 2sdk8

I have 330 page pdf files on Toyota Skid Steer Loader Models 2sgk6, 2sdk6,
2sdk7, and 2sdk8 models. This has all the information that is available on these models. It will tell you everything there is to know about the Toyota Skid Steer Models I have listed above.

tatony

toyota 2sdk8

I own a 1988 Toyota 2SDK8 Skid Steer and it is a very strong and dependable machine. It has been roughed up a bit with true hours unkown. It seems to have a lot of hours by the way it looks, not by the way it drives. The hour meter does not work. I have driven cats, bobcats, and john deers, and will put this 1988 2sdk8 against any of those other 1988 models!!! This machine does not smoke, no blow by, hydrolics strong, and runs solid like a champ!! I highly recommend the 2sdk8....

rickyjim

Does anyone know what the two wires coming off pos. battery post? looks like possibly a type of fuseable link.

JBFromOZ

Occupation
Production Manager, Embroidery Wholesale
SDK8 Manual

G'day Ralph and others!
I have just finished a bit of a rebuild on an 2SDK8, which involved making up new pins and bushes, seal kits thru the lift and curl cylinders, a few other leaks etc. I have found this thread whilst looking for a manual for this beast, and would seriously appreciate any assistance in getting a hold of a copy of the 330 page .pdf discussed in this thread!

Cheers

Marcus in Perth West Oz

esa2ska

SDK8 repair manual

Would someone please send me the PDF file for the Toyota SDK8 repair manual. I will be happy to pay thank you for your help.

Eric