• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Toyota SDK8 info...

joe1045

I would love to have a coppy of this PDF file if possible, my machine is broke down at this moment, in need of help. also need to know the type of hydr/trans fluid it uses also. thanks for any and all help in advance. joe1045 at yahoo

theoildriller

i really need a copy of that service manual too. I've been running my sdk8 for about 500 hours in the last year but the charging system is not working. I would like to get that fixed up.

theoildriller

hyd oil

I would love to have a coppy of this PDF file if possible, my machine is broke down at this moment, in need of help. also need to know the type of hydr/trans fluid it uses also. thanks for any and all help in advance. joe1045 at yahoo

You asked what type of hyd oil to use! When i got my sdk8 it had motor oil in and it worked good. When i was changing filter i thought i should change it back to automatic type F fluid as the sticker on the side of the machine states. That oil is very expensive. After i did that it leaks much worse. Think i'll be changing back to motor oil, at the next oil change.

sontours

Occupation
Bus Driver
I too have a SDK8 that I just acquired. I am having a problem with the pedals being stuck so the bucket will not curl back up. The pedals both move together instead of independently. I will also change the filters and will use the type f since it seems that was in there before. I'm glad to find others who run this unit. I would also be interested in the pdf of the manual.

ianoz

I too have a SDK8 that I just acquired. I am having a problem with the pedals being stuck so the bucket will not curl back up. The pedals both move together instead of independently. I will also change the filters and will use the type f since it seems that was in there before. I'm glad to find others who run this unit. I would also be interested in the pdf of the manual.

There is a cable that runs from the safety bar to the pedals ,that lock the pedals .This will be your problem i think.. Ian .

bomberNZ

I was recommended by Mobil expert in Aussie (yeh hard to believe!) to use Mobil AgriSuper for all the oils in the skidsteer - the hydraulic filter part number is
NAPA 1551
WIX 51551
DONALDSON P551551
Its a pretty standard 10 micron type hydraulic filter - dont use car filters!

philm

Ralph I have a SDK-8 also and have been looking for a service manual. Great machine but is starting to have some electrical issues. Can you forward the 300 page manual you recieved. Would greatly be appreciated!

FarmerAlex

Occupation
Engineer (AT UNI), Heavy equipment owner/ operator
Help!!! i'm looking at a getting a skid steer and see that there are a few Toyota's for sale in my price range, can anyone tell me the specs of a 4SDK8? OR a 4SDK10???

thanks

Alex

frank b

I just bought an SDK8 and found this thread while looking for info, and it was a great help! I needed the wiring diagram in the manual to get it running.

I haven't researched it enough yet to know what year mine is, but it has the 2J diesel engine in it.
It had sat for several years after the man that owned it had passed away. the last person to try and start it may have done something wrong and fried something because there was no response when you turned the key on. No voltage. I swapped batteries, no change. Checked all fuses, all ok. Followed the wires to see if mice had chewed them, all good. We ended up running a jumper wire from the battery to the ignition switch and spliced it with the "battery" wire from the harness to energize everything else on that circuit. Turned the key and the panel came to life! But still would not start. I unplugged the starter relay since it was not clicking when the key was turned and applied voltage from my jumper directly to the plug to engage the starter and it fired up!
Before adding the jumper, we tested for voltage along the harness and I had 12 volts at the ignition switch but only when the "battery" wire was disconnected. Connect it to the switch and voltage was 6. The switch works now with the jumper so I don't think the switch is bad. I'm going to open up the harness and work my way back and see what I find, maybe it's just a corroded connection somewhere. And get a new starter relay.

I did notice a bit of banging from the left front corner when it turns. Not really jerking or a vibration while it was banging, but it's only from the left corner, behind the wheel. It doesn't matter which directing you turn, or which lever you push or pull. Going forward or back it's fine in a straight line, but as soon as you turn, bang bang bang. Like a loud knock. Sounds like someone is hitting the metal with a sledge hammer. Would a bad axle bearing or chain sprocket cause that noise?

Does anyone know of a parts list for this machine? A break down of all the parts with part numbers?

Thanks for the help!
I'll post pictures at some point.

Karl Robbers

Help!!! i'm looking at a getting a skid steer and see that there are a few Toyota's for sale in my price range, can anyone tell me the specs of a 4SDK8? OR a 4SDK10???

thanks

Alex

See attachments, I believe all Australian 4SDK-8's are the "H" model.

Attachments

• 4SDK8-H Dimensions.pdf
    37.8 KB · Views: 616
  • 4SDK8-H Specs.pdf
    51.2 KB · Views: 813

Patch

Hi all just found this site and have downloaded the service manual,thanks for who ever posted the link. I do have a parts book I will try and find.
Cheers Patch

hiluxman

For a cheap skid steer you are beter of buying a cheap Deere Newholland Case Bobcat Ghel of the same years Toyota Skid Steers are to rare here to be a wise by they are almost grey market but they are not

Karl Robbers

Rare???
I don't know where "somewhere" is exactly, but your name hiluxman suggests you are aussie.
I would have said that Gehl was a far rarer beast to be honest at least where I come from. If you browse the machinery trader magazines etc toyota is very well represented and their prices hold up well. Up until the release of the 5SDK series there was no high flow option available which restricted them in some markets, but most people are best served staying away from high flow anyway unless brunning an attachment that demands it.
A toyota has the advantage of being easy to work on and has a very simple electrical system. Also they spec up quite well alongside similar sized machines.