• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Toyota SDK8 info...

macmanboomer

By the way, I've seen during my searches on the 2SDK8 several people had asked about switching out to universal quick attach. I converted my Toyota quick release bucket over to the universal skid steer quick release to have better options. If anyone is interested in information or pics just let me know.

macmanboomer

I've had requests for the pics of the conversion. I can't find the ones I took during the process so these are the best I have. I bought the quick attach adapters from Titan Attachments.image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

macmanboomer

You can't really see it good in the pics, the best in the last photo, but I had to shorten the lock handles on the adapters I got from Titan to keep them from hitting when you tilted the bucket all the way back. It was either shorten the handles or extend the adapters out which would lower your lifting capacity a little. I opted to keep the bucket as close to the original position as possible.

Has anyone found a parts manual or catalog for the SDK8? Looking for hydraulic oil pump inlet and outlet O-rings among other things. I have the service manual, but not way to find part numbers online. Thanks to all who contribute!

crankshaftdan

Has anyone found a parts manual or catalog for the SDK8? Looking for hydraulic oil pump inlet and outlet O-rings among other things. I have the service manual, but not way to find part numbers online. Thanks to all who contribute!
I am looking at my operators manual for a 2sdk7 model--Illistration # 6701 Main oil pump assy part name code 6701-AH 2ea required. I don't know if the pump is the same or different between the sdk7-8? I can send u a picture later of the whole sheet if required. You will have to contact a authorized toyota equipment dealer to get the corresponding part number/s.....Dano

SaddleSore

Would someone care to send the pdf file, email is lannysutton at gmail. Does it have the specs on the hydraulic system? Want to know if it has enough flow and pressure to run a tree saw. Thanks!!!!

Matt199

Hi Guys,

Hoping someone can help me out with a spare parts catalogue/manual and 2J engine manual for an 2SDK8 Skid steer. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone also have a good suppliers details for spare parts? Looking for a crankshaft. Thanks!

Bibm5

Hi all, new to the forum from Georgia (us). I just picked up what I believe to be 1987 sdk8. It actually runs and operates pretty well. It has a few hydraulic leaks here and there but doesn't seem like anything major. I've downloaded the 330 page manual on this thread.
A little background on myself, I have restored a few cars and I really enjoy fault finding and fixing hidden problems that many have tried and given up on. I am not a formally trained mechanic, just mechanically inclined.
A couple questions,
First, does anyone know the id of the lower oil cooler line? Mine has a pretty good tear in it and I would like to have a new line ready to go back on when I pull the old one off.
Also in my last picture the arrow is pointing at another one of my leaks, the previous owner tried to put some rtv on there , surprisingly enough it did not fix the leak... Is this a common leak point? Can I remove those 4 bolts and make a gasket for it or will a bunch of parts fly out if I open it up?
Is there a website / good source for parts on these machines? I'm missing the cap for the hydraulic oil tank. Does anyone know of replacement cap that will fit on there?
Thanks in advance!20180911_095844.jpg 20180911_095856.jpg 20180911_100000.jpg

Attachments

• 20180911_222839.jpg
    20180911_222839.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 33

Bibm5

Oil is slowly seeping from the cover over this part and through bolt holes. I'm thinking I need to remove the 4 bolts, pull the cover off and make a new gasket for it. I just wanted to make sure that if I pull it off a bunch of parts wouldn't just pop out? What is this part called? What is directly behind the cover? Is it safe to remove while still mounted on the machine.
Ive fixed a few of the major leaks already and have about 4 hrs of seat time in it so far and it's working pretty good overall. Do you know where to source cylinder seals for the boom lift?
I highlighted where oil is seeping from in this picture.

Attachments

• 20180920_131612.jpg
    20180920_131612.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 35

Don't pull the cover. This is your pump for your lift/curl/aux hydraulics. See the picture for what it looks like apart. My buddy pulled his apart from the front side of the machine like you are asking about. Bad idea. There are 2 or 4 bolts that hold the whole pump on the housing that you loosen from the back of the machine. Loosen and remove the inlet and outlet flanges first. Careful they have O-rings in the flanges. I went down the leaky pump road as well, he had a small leak like you probably have. We got a seal kit and put it all back together and had bigger issues. Then the guy who sold us parts informed us that aluminum pumps weren't really meant to rebuild and tried to sell us a pump. This is the pump I ended up buying. $408 to my door with a 1 year warranty.
http://www.forkliftpartsworld.com/TOYOTA_FORKLIFT_HYDRAULIC_PUMP_p/67110-41800-71.htm?CartID=1
We had to get bolts and nuts because the new housing wasn't threaded like the original, but it was identical otherwise and have had zero issues since. Spend the $400 once and remove the headache. Toyota wanted over $1000 for the same pump. Let me know if you have other questions on this, it wan't very many beers ago that I did this job.

Attachments

• IMG_9043.PNG
    IMG_9043.PNG
    3.3 MB · Views: 41

8CF4BF34-6C0D-4CFE-8C7F-EE0A89CCDF4E.jpeg 789DE787-8DB1-48C7-AE18-B017651CD6CC.jpeg C3D92325-EEA0-493D-A2F0-8C919719ED4A.jpeg DE1D18DB-096F-4EB7-8BDB-4CF2BD67A145.jpeg I just welded up an adapter for Toyota sdk8 to common quick attach. Bought titan attachments weldable quick attach, and welded a Toyota plate from a bucket to the new QA assembly. $379 to the door. Added Reese hitch for versatility.

Bibm5

That's a pretty sweet adapter plate. I just ordered a fork attachment from titan and I'm very happy with it. Rather than make an adapter plate I modified the attachment. Once I had my forks set up I used the machine to move a 10x12 shed. I put hd casters under one side then lifted up the other side with the machine and walked it across the property to its new resting place. The next day I had a few more loads of dirt brought in but unfortunately It blew an old hose. Yay. Now I can get grimy under this thing again.

Attachments

• 20180927_163040.jpg
    20180927_163040.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 29

art47a

I can email you a copy of both the owners and workshop manuals, plus I have a good friend who has done the official Toyota training on these machines so can get advice if need be.
Send me a PM and I will email them to you.
Regards Karl.
hoping you can help me. I have a Toyota 2sdk7 skid steer. I need to know what the fuel pressure should be so if either of the manuals you have can help me with that I would appreciate if you would send to me thanks in advance for any help you can give.

crankshaftdan

As of this writing (10/07/2018) no one has found the elusive parts list/breakdown and or rebuild manual for the 2J DIESEL 2.5 LTR 4 CYL. ENG. FOR TOYOTA 2SDK SERIES SS OR TOYOTA FORKLIFTS. Has ANYONE located any other manuals covering aforementioned items and would gladly share with the rest of the membership? Thanks for all for contributing......Cranky

Bibm5

So I replaced all 4 main drive hoses on my machine along with the 2 smaller hoses that off of the drive motors and the machine runs great... For 20-30 minutes. After that the drive hydraulics start to whine and it barely wants to turn and loses most drive power. The machine is still somewhat leaky from many areas so I check to see if Im out of fluid and i shine a light down into the tank, i still have plenty of hydraulic oil but it has lots of air bubbles in it so am I pulling air in somewhere? What are some common areas to check?

Bibm5

Just noticed in the service manual download that this machine calls for atf type F as hydraulic oil.
This is the oil that I have in it. Is this suitable or could this be causing my bubbles? What are you guys running for fluid?

Attachments

• 20181101_091947.jpg
    20181101_091947.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 26
  • 20181101_092621.jpg
    20181101_092621.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 19

crankshaftdan

I have and am currently using type "F" ATF in my 2sdk7 as per the owner's manual. Don't know why you should be having air bubbles in your system unless you are cavating your drive motors or possibly have air entering your systems thru leaking "O" rings or leaking fittings?? Check your machine out by parking over cardboard and tracing back up if you find the drips/pools?