• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Toyota SDK8 info...

dxrayer

problems with ignition switch; my dash lights (2sdk8) are no longer working that includes fuel, charging, etc. was working fine, then I hooked up lights front and back, with a new primary wire from battery to relays and they controlled by new switches. the switch and relay are powered from the ignition switch. previously unused posty/ that works fine.
any help?

wayben

Occupation
Retired
Had the same problem. The seat pan had corroded and seat switch fell apart. Disconnected the pedal lock solenoid and linkage but also stripped down and cleaned pedal assembly

nyveld

I can find the service manual online; but does anyone have access to the handbook that should be in the cab?

IMG_20160107_214916[1].jpg

I would like to know what the various lights represent on the dash:

IMG_20160107_135310[1].jpg

And specifically; what this indicates:

https://goo.gl/photos/Z5vc5EwsR81EY2tj8

Any advice greatly appreciated. The unit still seems to operate fine, but do not want to run it with warning lights present.

nyveld

Thank you very much; that is useful to know. It appears that it is flashing the lights for:

6. Sedimenter Warning Lamp - Drain Water
7. HST Oil Filter Warning Lamp - Change Transmission oil filter
8. Air Cleaner Warning Lamp - Clean or Replace Filter

My guess is that this is a service reminder? Does the booklet give any indication of what it means if these lights are flashing?

Dan312

Hi Karl, very sorry to trouble you as well, but I wondered whether it would be possible to receive a copy of a parts manual or similar for the 4sdk8? In particular I'm after part numbers for the drive motors, gear pumps etc.
Thanks heaps - Dan - auslushplants at gmail dot com

Dan312

Email sent.

Hi Karl, very sorry to trouble you as well, but I wondered whether it would be possible to receive a copy of a parts manual or similar for the 4sdk8? In particular I'm after part numbers for the drive motors, gear pumps etc.
Thanks heaps - Dan - auslushplants at gmail dot com

Kevin moser

Hi I'm looking at a late eighties 2 skd8 it runs great but it's getting hydraulic fluid in the engine and there was an O ring found in the oil filter anybody have any ideas?

crankshaftdan

Not a valid answer from a mechanic here-but flashing lights on OBD 2 on autos & trucks indicate a problem with the system--seems that you might have a full compliment of water in fuel system-oil filter plugged up and air cleaner needs replacement???
Thank you very much; that is useful to know. It appears that it is flashing the lights for:

6. Sedimenter Warning Lamp - Drain Water
7. HST Oil Filter Warning Lamp - Change Transmission oil filter
8. Air Cleaner Warning Lamp - Clean or Replace Filter

My guess is that this is a service reminder? Does the booklet give any indication of what it means if these lights are flashing?

alchemysa

Hello Gentlemen, from Australia.

My first post to this excellent forum and of course I am asking for help.

I'm going to look at a mid 80's SDK8 tomorrow. I've been offered it for $3000 with a 4in1 bucket and forks so it sounds pretty good to me. Trouble is its not moving because the owner heard a bang like it had hit a rock and the left side of the machine 'froze'. The engine runs OK, the right side works, and loader hydraulics work. Its just the left side thats jammed, so the machine will just go around in circles.

If I buy this, and take a punt that I can fix it, I will first need to winch it onto a trailer. But how do I do that with the locked wheel problem described above? I've read the SDK repair manual mentioned in this thread and it appears I might have 2 options. The easy option might be to loosen the HST bypass valve/s mentioned on page 161. The tougher option is to remove one or both of the left side chains.

Can anyone comment on this? Do I understand correctly that these are the only ways to freewheel a SDK or is there something I have missed.

Thanks in advance.
Alchemysa.

alchemysa

Hello Gentlemen, from Australia.

I'm going to look at a mid 80's SDK8 tomorrow. I've been offered it for $3000 with a 4in1 bucket and forks so it sounds pretty good to me. Trouble is its not moving..

I had a look and I think it could be the deal of the year. $3000 including forks, a 4in1, and 2 more buckets. The engine sounded sweet too. But I decided its just too big for me. Its a seriously heavy duty piece of gear. I'm really just looking for something small.

I think the chain problem could be something simple. It just sounds like its coming off one of the axle sprockets. Anyone who has the space, time and lifting gear might be able to fix it quite cheaply. I think its the very first version by the way. It has a single endless chain on each side rather than dual chains as on later models.

Back to the search.

Hubes11247

Hey guys I just picked up a Toyota SDK 8 Skid Steer From an auction. It neads a new radiator and I was wondering if any of the more common brands have a radiator that is interchangeable or will work. Also would love to get my hands on a manual. Would be willing to pay. Thanks and look forward to the advice.

Can I ask what you did about the radiator? replace/repair?

clark723

Is manual still available?

Hello all,
I have attempted to download the SDK manual mentioned near the beginning of this thread, but the download always fails. I wonder if it is no longer being hosted or is corrupted. Does anyone have a copy that they could repost and/or send via email? I have a 1989 2SDK7 and am looking for service and operating manuals for it.
Thanks

ReynoldsHeating

Toyota SDK8 Cab Enclosure

Hi I have a Toyota SDK8 skid loader and I would like to enclose the cab. I am okay with the plastic cab doors but my problem is I can't find anyone (local or online) that's makes van enclosures for the Toyota. Has anyone bought a cab enclosure for their Toyota? And if so, from where??

Thanks for the help!

Parts

I looked at a really rough Toyota skid steer for sale recently - they seem really stout. This one had a rusted out bucket and wanted to creep to one side constantly but it was still really tight for what it was. Oh and a lift pump leak that was all over the top of the engine. I didn't buy it but I like them. Good luck on the machines.

Klubear

HELLLLLLOOOOO!!! As with so many other's in this tread.. I joined up because I CANNOT For the life of me find a Manual online for the 4SDK8!!!!!
. found the 2sdk8.... but that's no good!
If anyone has had any luck with this.. I'd really appreciate if you could email it to me klubear@gmail.com

macmanboomer

Help Please!!

I have a 2SDK-8 that had spun a rod bearing. I was able to find all the parts but can't seem to find any information on the actual 2J engine. I'm needing the engine assembly information for things like piston ring installation, torque spec & sequences, cam timing, injection pump timing, valve adjustment, etc.

I have the 330 page manual but it doesn't cover any of the internal engine assembly information.

Anyone have a 2J diesel engine manual? macmanboomer@hotmail.com