• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tonka's Truck Pictures...

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
Farmers Oil Co.

Attachments

• foc2.jpg
    foc2.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 1,779
  • foc3.jpg
    foc3.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,795
  • foc4.jpg
    foc4.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,862
  • foc5.jpg
    foc5.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 1,748
  • foc6.jpg
    foc6.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,869

Greenedriver3

Occupation
Fired
DOT reg book

Another question for the experienced drivers... I am a green driver and need a little guidance. Is it mandatory to have a DOT reg book in the truck that is being occupied at all times? Just curious....

hvy 1ton

I knew Farmers Oil rung a bell. I think i recognize the second truck, but the ones that stuck in my mind were a pair (matched?) of red W9's. I think i saw them hauling anhydrous around hutch, but might have been out in the flat lands somewhere.

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
Tonka that red Peterbuilt I don't think theres words for it, thanks for scharing
That red pete was there 2009 show truck...

here is there 2011 show truck...

check out the tool box's...

Attachments

• 190.jpg
    190.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 1,628
  • 191.jpg
    191.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,700
  • 087820.jpg
    087820.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 1,586

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
Seriously? Using straps instead of chains on steel? The kicker is that the straps are OUTSIDE the rub rails.Won't take much to lose that load.
um there is chains on that load... and that load wasn't lost so all is good....

tireman

Keep running straps outside the rub rail and see how long it takes for all to NOT be good.:crazy Just sayin. Worked before, so........it has to work again.And again.:stirthepot

JDOFMEMI

Tireman

I'm up for an education. What is the deal with the straps outside the rub rails. No one has ever given me any good reason why. I have hauled a lot of loads that were always strapped outside, unless there was damage to the rails.
In fact, both of my flats have the rubrails bent in far enough that you mostly can't get the hooks behind them anyway. They were well used when I got them.

Heavy loads done with chain and I almost always go behind the rail, but straps are easier most times over it. Unless you rub on something to cut the strap, it should not be a problem. If you hae a habit of rubbing the side of the trailer on things, I would say there are more problems than where the strap is hooked.

But, that said, I have an open mind and would like to hear a good reason. I am always up to learn a better or safer way to do things.

tireman

Well, you sort of answered yourself. The rails are bent up, you said. Well, if the strap had been there when it got bent, it would've gotten cut. And I never had the habit of rubbing my trailer against anything.But I never ran my straps over them, always under. You just never know what someone else is gonna do.No reason to have the strap exposed like that.It pulls it that much further from the load, exposing it to the (however remote) possibilty of getting snagged by something. Just a safety issue that I was taught at a young age.That's all.Never had to deal with bent up rails, though. Guess I'd try to pry them open so I could get the hook behind it.Here's a few pics of how I did it when I used straps.I always considered the rub rails more of a strap guard than anything else.I never secured anything to them, other than a tarp strap.TRUCK !.jpgTRUCK 2.jpgTRUCK 3.jpg

Last edited:

JDOFMEMI

Re: bent rails.

Usually the forklift is done running into the rails and bending them up before the straps get put on, so they should still be pretty safe:D

Otherwise, I see your point of the rub rails protecting the straps from getting rubbed on. Maybe that has something to do with their name.

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
well i got the 411 on that trailer there are no rub rails on it anylonger... they were capped so no more bent rubrails...