• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tonka's Truck Pictures...

KTS77_416C

very nice trucks tonka..keep them comin if you haven't ran out lol..thought i'd put one of mine up here..project truck. started this back in '06. price of fuel has slowed this project down quite a bit! btw it has an 8v71 detroit...very very loud with those 6" pipes :D

4070_beginning.jpg
4070_4.jpg
4070_6.jpg
4070_2.jpg

DigDug

Thanks for all those pics! The last hour reading this thread was great , makes me want to go down to shop and shine up my old L8000 septic pump truck.

Scrub Puller

Different strokes

Yair...I look through this thread from time to time with feelings of awe and bemusement.

It's interesting how a blokes background and circumstances determine how we think and act. My trucking was all heavy haulage on dirt roads in the sixty's and seventy's. Although I have probably hosed a truck off with a pressure hose on service day I know for sure and for certain that I have never polished one...and I can't imagine polishing a truck even now...I just thought the paint was only on there to stop the suckers rusting!

Heard a story recently about a bloke with a fleet of tri-drives hauling four trailer side dump trains in the Northwest. A mate of mine was talking to him when four of the rigs rolled into the yard all covered in crud. There had been a few early storms and litterally the only cleanish parts of the rigs were where the widscreen wipers wiped.

Three of the rigs pulled up side by side and the drivers got out with their gear and headed for the showers...but the fourth drove round to the washdown bay and the driver started hosing off. The owner grabbed the shovel from the front of my mates "B" train, scraped up some oily red dirt from just outside the workshop and chucked it all over where the bloke had just washed...and then proceeded to tell him in no uncertain terms that he was being paid two grand a week to drive the bloody thing, not to wash it.

He then introduced himself and told the young bloke that the truck was due for service after the next trip...and out of his head reeled of a whole list of minor faults that would be fixed. The bloke had an encyclopaedic knowledge of his fleet but wash and polish was very obviously not a high priority...thats how some blokes think.

Cheers.

Sparkie

Our tanks get polished maybe twice a year...

Truck doesnt have to look good to work good. Alot of guys at Wagner have shined up spiffed up trucks, and they don't work any better than ours.

Last edited:

monster truck

We've been over this before. They are awsome pictures of trucks that we all love to look at, Just enjoy them.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Nice pictures Tonka, thanks for sharing.:)

Although I am not a "truck" guy I enjoy looking at the tricked out rigs that the owners and drivers take special pride and joy in. The time and effort they put in to have a very nice rig shows their professionalism and love of the industry, that's something that is somewhat lacking in today's time. You only live once and you need to have a passion while you are here on this earth.;)

A clean truck, even if it's old, goes a long way to show that you care and have pride in what you do. I like to have my machines looking good, even if they have the hours on them, when I show up to a jobsite. I think a clean and neat fleet (whatever the fleet may be) goes a long way in the business world, showing your customers that you are a professional that can produce quality work.

I equate it to the phrase - "Would you go to a Dentist that has bad teeth?":cool2

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
IMG_0098.JPGIMG_0097.JPG

This truck gets washed every other month, not the cleanest, but a steady reliable truck with around 750,000 miles on it. It is a real workhorse, not a show truck. It needs a new bumper, but all in good time. The cleanest parts of the truck and trailer are the grease zerks. Twice a week for grease. Photo was taken on the 6014 line of Hancock on the Clearwater drainage above Enumclaw WA