• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

This will be an interesting thread moving forward......

Vetech63

WN3.jpg
So, 4 different people have worked on this and nothing. The owner said he has spent $6K so far and nothing. His mechanic shows up, hands me a service manual that they copied from somewhere and tells me he changed the IP when the Wacker Nueson tech told him it was bad according to the error code. He also said that they had been shorting across the starter motor because it wouldnt engage from the ignition switch. They also replaced the broken monitor in order to get any error codes.

So here we go!!!!!!!!!!! I hate this crap, but it still pays.

Vetech63

Basic troubleshooting to start. I first check all the fuses in the panel.........all good. I unplug the harness connector and check for voltage at the proper wire......none. Back trace wiring (according to the SM) to the EECU connector, then I check continuity on the wires from the EECU to the IP wire plug (5 wires)...........all good, so I don't have a wiring issue there. I then check for power supply to the EECU......none! Now I'm getting somewhere. Look at the electrical schematic and back trace to relay K1 and K42.........solenoids are not grounding from the EECU when the ignition is turned on. I jumper a ground to K1 and now I have power to my EECU. I reconnect the EECU plug and the IP plug and hit the key.......I'll be damded, the starter engages now.....about 10 seconds of engine roll and she fires right up. I still don't have high idle as I believe it may be hooked into K42. Now it's starting to get dark, so I'm done for the day.

The EECU pin out detail in the SM sucks donkey balls. It gives no wire colors or markers and the descriptions for each are vague. I dont believe the EECU is bad at this time.............more of something isn't happening that the EECU needs to happen n order for it to release those grounds. I'm not sure what act of congress it will take to get the info I need from WN, but I will call their tech service at the factory tomorrow.

The owner wasn't happy when I called him and told him what I had found so far. 4 people, 2 of them service techs from the WN dealer here........and $6K later. He told me that both of the WN techs had condemned the IP and that's why it was bought and installed in the first place. He also said that both of those techs had laptops to connect to the machine, but they didn't have the right connection cable.............and they just left him hanging:rolleyes:o_O YIKES!!!!!!

Welder Dave

Usually isn't too hard to spot the hackers in most trades. Sometimes all it takes is seeing someone on the ball, do something that has others scratching their heads, to be able to tell right away they're the person you want on the job. It can be something that appears pretty simple to. Bob/Ont suggesting putting 2 seals on my leaking throttle shaft is an example. Simple easy and 100% effective! No speedy sleeves, shaft repair or replacement and especially not needing to rebuild the injection pump.

JD955SC

Basic troubleshooting to start. I first check all the fuses in the panel.........all good. I unplug the harness connector and check for voltage at the proper wire......none. Back trace wiring (according to the SM) to the EECU connector, then I check continuity on the wires from the EECU to the IP wire plug (5 wires)...........all good, so I don't have a wiring issue there. I then check for power supply to the EECU......none! Now I'm getting somewhere. Look at the electrical schematic and back trace to relay K1 and K42.........solenoids are not grounding from the EECU when the ignition is turned on. I jumper a ground to K1 and now I have power to my EECU. I reconnect the EECU plug and the IP plug and hit the key.......I'll be damded, the starter engages now.....about 10 seconds of engine roll and she fires right up. I still don't have high idle as I believe it may be hooked into K42. Now it's starting to get dark, so I'm done for the day.

The EECU pin out detail in the SM sucks donkey balls. It gives no wire colors or markers and the descriptions for each are vague. I dont believe the EECU is bad at this time.............more of something isn't happening that the EECU needs to happen n order for it to release those grounds. I'm not sure what act of congress it will take to get the info I need from WN, but I will call their tech service at the factory tomorrow.

The owner wasn't happy when I called him and told him what I had found so far. 4 people, 2 of them service techs from the WN dealer here........and $6K later. He told me that both of the WN techs had condemned the IP and that's why it was bought and installed in the first place. He also said that both of those techs had laptops to connect to the machine, but they didn't have the right connection cable.............and they just left him hanging:rolleyes:o_O YIKES!!!!!!

cheap machines cost a lot when you can’t get good support

it drives me up the wall when I can’t get good clear service documentation and the engineers seem to have two preferences these days, either extremely crappy or way overly complicated

Truck Shop

Trouble shooting-our last two new trucks one came from factory minus the aux heater {Wabsco}.
Driver stopped at a dealer to have them check out why it wouldn't run, {was told it wasn't getting
power}:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O. He called me while they were supposedly working on it. Told him there's no
heater, factory ran out. {but call me back when they find the problem}.