• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

This will be an interesting thread moving forward......

Truck Shop

I was supposed to service this machine today.
View attachment 287089View attachment 287090
:D:D:D:cool: Didn't happen! Good thing we haven't had rain the last few days or this would be under water. I'm not eating the travel time and mileage either.......they should have notified me. It did give me an idea about adding another column on my invoices though. I'll add that to this thread tonight..............it will make me wealthy beyond imagination.
If they didn't bring it in clean then I didn't work on it. if it was brought in dirty, I told
who ever it's $600.00 for me to clean it minimum.

JD955SC

Lol…
I know whatcha mean..
I don’t mind when a “homeowner” sends in a filthy, mud coated inj. pump.. but when a “company” sends one in like that & I KNOW they have a power washer, a steam cleaner or at the minimum, a parts washer.. I get a little hot..

It also doesn’t speak well for their contamination control either when removing fuel lines and other sensitive work.

I do everything I can to wash a machine and compartments when I’m working on it to keep stuff clean.

Welder Dave

I understand the cleaing fee. I mentioned before where I had an issue with a dealer. I took my skid steer in for the free initial service and also a small warranty issue. Both times they washed it no problem. They said the washing was a value added service they do for their customers. I had another warranty issue where they added an anti-chatter device on the lift spool and did something else I paid for. They washed the machine again. It wasn't caked in mud just dirty from normal use mostly spreading topsoil. I got the bill and there was a $120 cleaning fee! I said it wasn't that dirty and if I knew there was a cleaning fee I would have washed it before I brought in. It wouldn't have taken over an hour to wash. The service manager (probably informed by the owner) then said it's not something we always charge for so you might get charged one time but not the next. OK but tell your customers that and secondly don't add up past "supposedly free" washes and surprise your customers with an overly high cleaning charge. I should note that a few years later when this dealer was in bad shape, the owner started docking back pay for 6 month's because employee's took 15 minute coffee breaks and the employment standards minimum is 10 minutes. Who does that, we're going to deduct 10 minutes every day off your pay check going back 6 month's because we were only required to give 10 minute coffee breaks. Pretty much everybody gives 15 minute breaks but the time is set by the employer in the 1st place. You don't take money back after you've had 15 minute breaks since the beginning. When they did go under several employee's were out of 3 month's pay. Despicable employer. He had the Kubota dealership too after another stupid dealer went under. No clue how to run a business.

Vetech63

0…..Complete Dumbass $500
0…..Moron $250
0…..F)(&#@g Idiot $300
0…..Trip made and didn’t accomplish anything due to lack of communication $1000
0…..Unreasonably filthy machine due to dumbassery $750
0…..2nd trip required due to idiocy $400

Check one or all that may apply.

I‘ll be a millionaire in a year working for these people

JD955SC

I should note that a few years later when this dealer was in bad shape, the owner started docking back pay for 6 month's because employee's took 15 minute coffee breaks and the employment standards minimum is 10 minutes. Who does that, we're going to deduct 10 minutes every day off your pay check going back 6 month's because we were only required to give 10 minute coffee breaks. Pretty much everybody gives 15 minute breaks but the time is set by the employer in the 1st place. You don't take money back after you've had 15 minute breaks since the beginning. When they did go under several employee's were out of 3 month's pay. Despicable employer. He had the Kubota dealership too after another stupid dealer went under. No clue how to run a business.

He would have lost some teeth if he tried that illegal crap down here.

Truck Shop

When a business, has a constant employee turn over, micromanages, constantly changing
employee policies, doesn't hold up their side of the bargain---bad management.
There is a saying the Italian Mob would say about poor operations. It applies to any business
and is right as rain.
The Fish Rots from the Head Down.

Welder Dave

Tell them you will bring the skid steer back in the shop and to put the dirt back on it, you didn't authorize a cleaning.
Certainly not one I was going to get charged $120 for out of the blue.

I was pretty friendly with one of the mechanics who started off as an apprentice there. Really nice guy. I ran into him at the receivership auction and he told me 1st hand the crap the owner was pulling. He quit when the boss informed the employee's about cutting pay cheques going back 6 month's for 5 minutes extra coffee breaks. He also said there were several machines missing from the auction that should have been there, 3 mini excavators among them. He looked into trying to get his last 3 month's of pay but I think in the end he figured it would cost too much to have to get lawyers involved. He was glad I never paid the receiver for a concrete breaker I rented a month or so before they went under. They sent me a notice but the dates were wrong and the actual attachment I rented was wrong. I didn't rent a post hole digger. The owner's daughter was apparently looking after parts and rentals and it wasn't in her wheel house.

Welder Dave

When a business, has a constant employee turn over, micromanages, constantly changing
employee policies, doesn't hold up their side of the bargain---bad management.
There is a saying the Italian Mob would say about poor operations. It applies to any business
and is right as rain.
The Fish Rots from the Head Down.
Are you associated with the Italian Mob? LoL