• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

TEREX IBH 7251 Salvage yard?

RightTrack

I think I have a Terex 7251 AA (the serial tag does not have a model number) (S/N 55167) and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a steering Gearbox for it. I've tried searching for salvage yards that might have one sitting around, but I had no luck. I'm almost leaning towards retrofitting some other style of steering gearbox because I just cant seem to find any parts for the loader

If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it a lot.

Terex Limey

I think I have a Terex 7251 AA (the serial tag does not have a model number) (S/N 55167) and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a steering Gearbox for it. I've tried searching for salvage yards that might have one sitting around, but I had no luck. I'm almost leaning towards retrofitting some other style of steering gearbox because I just cant seem to find any parts for the loader

If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it a lot.
Your machine dates from around 1970. Terex p/n for the steering box is 9236941 [Ross/TRW HPS70 Series]. That exact box was fitted to US built 7251AA & 7451 (7251 with Colby Composter) and British built 7251 & 7251MWT (Military Wheeled Tractor) models. As a Legacy machine chances of finding a new one are pretty remote, though a few repair parts can still be found. I just sent out some repair parts for an even older Euclid L20 with a similar steering box. Midwest Steering, Independence, Mo also know their way round these steering boxes.

RightTrack

Thanks a bunch, This machine is definitely turning into a history lesson, but it is also very interesting diving into these older machine for exactly that reason. I very much appreciate the information

oarwhat

We had a 72-51 back in the eighties. The exhaust manifold was also the muffler. We kept patching it and it keep blowing out. Didn't have the funds to replace. I think most of my hearing loss is from that machine .Still have nightmares of that machine.