• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

TD15C-CHAYBS

Recently I purchased a TD15C 1970 something powershift etc.
repacked cylinders, fixed some enginge oil leaks runs like a charm.
After about 2 hours of clearing some small trees 2-4" in diameter it seems to not want to drive forward or reverse.
I let it sit and idle for 10 minutes almost like cooling it down before shutting something off and as soon as I start pushing again it will almost seem to warm up and stop Forward or reverse motion.
let it sit overnight try it again same thing about two hours in and wants to stop working.
Has any one had this happen before?
possible issue's?
places to start looking etc.

Thank you in advance everyone!

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
You have either a pump that is weak or leaking seals in the transmission. You will need a gauge to check pressures in the transmission before going any further. If you have no mechanical experience with this machine, you will need the library, operational and maintenance manual, parts books and service manual. Someone should be along soon that might be able to provide some sources for that information.

TD15C-CHAYBS

John,
Update from this morning
Mechanically inclined for sure just not with this old of machine. Started it and pushed some more bush same thing two hours in. Now I figured out the gauge that I can watch that tells me when the issue is coming goes to the converter housing when it hits 180 it’s over need to put it in neutral it cools down to 140 rather quick then put er back in 1st start walking forward and it will repeat even when your not putting a load on the machine just trying to walk it back to the truck have to put it in neutral and let it cool down again.
Thanks in advance

DB09

It should have a suction filter with a washable filter. I would check and see if it’s stopped up and if it is what with. Could be oil bypassing in the converter also. Look under floor board and see what the drive shaft between converter and transmission is doing. If it’s spinning fast and not moving transmission problem. If it’s

DB09

If it’s turning slow and this is with the engine revved up it’s a converter or pump issue. 180 degrees is not hot for converter temp.

TD15C-CHAYBS

Well at the end of shift today pulled the two cylinders and hoses off for the blade tilt going to reseal them tomorrow and build new hoses. Will be going to pull suction filter/screen I assume that’s the one dead center above the driveshaft below the floor board? I will do this probably Tuesday weather permitting and if I get the cylinders back up to snuff. does anyone know exactly where I can hook up a gauge for tranny pressure? Screen shot of a book or manual would be excellent!
thanks guys will keep you posted Tuesday evening once I install the cylinders I’ll work it for a couple hours and see where I get! With the heat and driveshaft spinning or not spinning!

DB09

U can t into the clutch pressure gauge at the dash or there is a port on the transmission but Without a manual I can’t tell which 1. When it won’t move what’s the clutch pressure gauge on dash say

TD15C-CHAYBS

That test block is definitely there I will rig up some gauges to do all three at once without having to unhook each time! Once again thanks will report back when tests complete!