• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Svl95-2s def code9519 madmadmad!!

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Last edited:

03hdrk

Surely this thread was not ended due to discussing aftermarket solutions to delete def. I would have thought that the part of the rules regarding discussing things illegal would have referred to things like theft and murder. If we can't say anything on this forum about aftermarket solutions to real problems regardless of the epa rules, I feel like we are being censored. To me it equivelent to asking me for an electricians license before I can give electrical advice - if I give someone advice on here how to test a connect a generator to a building, and they are not a licensed electrician - they may be in violation of some code where they live saying that only licensed electrician can do such work.
I am happy they chimed in with their product - it is exactly what I was hoping I would find in this thread. I am looking at buying a 95 because a freind of mine bought one and deleted and reprogrammed and made it a good machine. I was here looking for all options beside what he did.

The rules in my opinion should state "criminal activity", maybe then discussing doing things that get around EPA code would be allowed. IRC, just last week the Supreme court said that the EPA should not be able to make laws - that is what the legeslative branch is supposed to do! We had a country that was working well before the EPA, OSHA and MSHA were all allowed to grab as much of your business dollars as they can with thier self made rules (or "Laws" as many call them).

Midnightmoon

Certainly delete what ever emissions you want my take is if I or my shop work on it I can be fined personally. If you get pulled over at a weigh station or have epa show up at a job site be ready for heavy fines no lawyer will get you out of a fight with federal law. 2 skid steeres with deleted emissions caught on fire and showed up at our shop we cant touch that unless we put it back to factory. Alot of the members here work for equipment dealers we cant really give advice but some may chime in

03hdrk

I just noticed that Nige replied with the reference to the forum rules and it seemed like this thread ended. I was just stating my opinion, that if someone on this forum tells someone "I sell a solutoin to your problem" and that solution does not meet EPA quidelines - I don't think that should fall under the catagory of "illegal". Now if they said I want to load your fuel tank with cash and sell your skidsteer to a guy in Mexico - that would be "illegal".
I don't want to kill the planet, but the emission systems that are put on equipment should have to have more responsibility attached to them - the factory should have to take responsibilty for their poor engineering. I know many small dirt contractors that have almost been put out of business because of these emission systems problems. I also know of a trucking company that would have gone out of business if Kenworth had not sent a tech to their facility every day for years and given them loaner trucks to haul there tankers every day, back when the DPF system were giving them problems.
I think this forum should allow users to discuss some of the alternatives without censoring. Thats all am getting at.

I.M.White

I just noticed that Nige replied with the reference to the forum rules and it seemed like this thread ended. I was just stating my opinion, that if someone on this forum tells someone "I sell a solutoin to your problem" and that solution does not meet EPA quidelines - I don't think that should fall under the catagory of "illegal". Now if they said I want to load your fuel tank with cash and sell your skidsteer to a guy in Mexico - that would be "illegal".
I don't want to kill the planet, but the emission systems that are put on equipment should have to have more responsibility attached to them - the factory should have to take responsibilty for their poor engineering. I know many small dirt contractors that have almost been put out of business because of these emission systems problems. I also know of a trucking company that would have gone out of business if Kenworth had not sent a tech to their facility every day for years and given them loaner trucks to haul there tankers every day, back when the DPF system were giving them problems.
I think this forum should allow users to discuss some of the alternatives without censoring. Thats all am getting at.

I.M.White

This is the same with other government 3 lettered acronyms clubs. Actually is bullshit all the way around and until everybody says “screw it, I’m gonna do what I want because I’m not hurting anyone” nothing won’t change.There will come a time though, when everybody will be tired of the crap, I just hope there are enough brave individuals that will band together to be able to overcome the tyrannical opposition, of which, they suck.

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
This is the same with other government 3 lettered acronyms clubs. Actually is bullshit all the way around and until everybody says “screw it, I’m gonna do what I want because I’m not hurting anyone” nothing won’t change.There will come a time though, when everybody will be tired of the crap, I just hope there are enough brave individuals that will band together to be able to overcome the tyrannical opposition, of which, they suck.
I think a lot of people are getting close to that point.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I just noticed that Nige replied with the reference to the forum rules and it seemed like this thread ended.
If you read the link in my Post #42 carefully maybe it would have been clearer. This was not about shutting down discussion, it was to make a first-time poster offering a product or service of any type what the forum rules were regarding how they were permitted to do that. I was referring specifically to the text below from the forum Rules. Nothing to do with the legality or otherwise of what they were offering. Is that any clearer.?

"Advertising of goods and services are not permitted unless sponsoring heavyequipmentforums.com. A vendor of goods or services may create one introductory post or thread explaining their product or service and may answer questions about such within that thread. No further promotion of your product or service may be made without sponsorship. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, click “Contact Us” at the bottom of any page.

Special Note: Vendors of goods or services, or their representatives, who join the forums and make no worthwhile contributions other than to post multiple links to said goods and services are considered spammers. Spammers will have their posts removed, and their membership terminated with extreme prejudice."