• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Svl95-2s def code9519 madmadmad!!

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
Manufacturers are making it harder and harder to bypass emission systems. Have even heard of them programming modules that are completely unrelated to the engine to start looking for aftertreatment system information.

Cole T

Occupation
Excavation
it’s a good machine minus the def system. When running, it’s a strong machine and I absolutely love it. There is a system that you can buy to delete the def system now. I believe it’s argotronics and i think reimer tuning have it worked out. I can’t vouch for either but both are online and seem to be legit. This is the route I should’ve taken but wanted to do it myself to save $ and to learn for future deletes that I most certainly will do until they can test, tune and then build a system that works correctly. It’s a strong machine and has its good qualities minus the bells and whistles. 99% of the lawmakers and air/pollution police couldn’t point out a machine that has a def delete and one without a delete. I think your safe when it comes to that. Good luck with your machine.

r1lukasz

All those machines have nothing but problems with def,I have a 18 Sv340 every new machine have 5 years emission warranty , if your machine is older than 5 years going to cost U a lot,I had same problems with mine first was def quality error dealer replaced whole def tank with a sensor was fine for a little bit then src error comes out dealer replaced whole exhaust system, no problem after that knock on wood

Cole T

Occupation
Excavation
I hear ya. It’s ridiculous. The air nazis will be making solar or electric powered skid steers before long. (Tier 5 solutions!)lol. What went wrong with the exhaust system to where it needed to be changed out?

r1lukasz

I agree machine is great when working untill the def error, then it’s a nightmare, not sure what’s involved in src but was told there’s sensors on muffler that was not working properly throwing src error, they replaced whole muffler assembly under warranty, Im not going to complain about it as long they fix it

Snowjudge

I own a svl95-2s with 400 hours and seem to have had every code thrown known to man. I have had code shown in the hundreds of times and dozen of limp modes active.
(1.) was the clamp on the line to the turbo came off. I lost boost threw some codes. Off to the dealer. They placed some band clamps repurposed from another manufacture on it’s a repair. Kubota since came out wit campaign to replace with revised hoses. I hear they are on major back order.
(2.) was air filter assembly. Threw codes, limp mode, took to dealer.
Again new Kubota campaign to change complete revised air filter assembly.along with changing engine oil and filters. Kubota then sent me a coupon that stated I could go to any dealer and receive two engine oil filters and two air filters for my troubles. I went to dealer and was told that Kubota has not been honoring their own issued coupons and that they’ll dealers are to issue two filters and document on coupon. Then give customer coupon back and notify customer to bring back coupon after on year to claim the other two filters. I know this sounds silly but I sat with lady at dealership while she was on phone with Kubota. So I know this wasn’t dealer yanking my chain.
(3.) this time threw a lot of codes almost all of them. I noticed relays clicking when key had been off for hours. In limp mode back to the dealer it went. This time it was def fluid injector froze and broke internally in which it pumps def fluid to wiring connectors and wicks def through wiring harness repacking havoc with corrosion until it makes it into the ecm and scrap it too.
(4.) this time I get it back and burn a 1/2 tank of fuel before it throws a couple codes and instantly goes into limp mode. Take it back to dealer and ask them to plug it into computer. They tell me I will need to leave it. I give them a little frustration and explain they need to look at it NOW . To find out that the overflow tube to the def tank is located directly above tank and has vented def fluid out at some point and has corroded the header making it throw false def fluid quality codes. They order the parts on Thursday and have them next day aired. Only problem is the following Monday still no parts and tell me tracking states it will be Wednesday before arrival. On Tuesday they end up borrowing a tank from a new unit and getting me back. They informed me that they had redirected the vent tube to drain/vent down away from the machine and critical components.

With all of these occurrences they have had to order parts and repair costing me a week each and also made me loose an 8 hour job @$125 per hour. Plus my time shipping this machine back and fourth to the dealer.

so the moral to this story is good luck. I don’t know many people having better luck with any other brands they currently own that are new or I would trade this one off.

although I did price a new Kubota thinking I may have a lemon. They told me $20,000 and my machine for same model new. That’s $50 an hour on old machine. Might be more economical to go to cat and bobcat and just rent then to own. ‍♂️

Tina Kirk

I hear ya. It’s ridiculous. The air nazis will be making solar or electric powered skid steers before long. (Tier 5 solutions!)lol. What went wrong with the exhaust system to where it needed to be changed out?
Hey there, I have read through your threads and am so glad you posted. We are/were about to pull the trigger on a new SSVL 95........ What are your thoughts on that now??

Snowjudge

It has been doing fine on reliability for the last dozen jobs it’s been on. The machine operates well and I am pleased with function. My main concern now is the front door does not seal very well at all. I leave window shut while operating and i get out extremely dirty like I’m in the 1980’s driving the no cab Bobcat . The inside of the cab is covered in dust! I have messed with window adjustment or lack there of but have not had any luck. It is currently super dry and dusty outside though. I would trade mine off if I found another brand that I liked better. But all manufactures have their own problems.

Cole T

Occupation
Excavation
Sti
Hey there, I have read through your threads and am so glad you posted. We are/were about to pull the trigger on a new SSVL 95........ What are your thoughts on that now??

I’ve retired the piece of junk to the barn. It now sits silent in the corner of my barn and is used as punching bag for 10lb hammers when I’ve had a bad day. I found that this is the only use I have for such a royal waste of money. I won’t throw away 1 more hour of my time ou 1 more dollar on a kubota product. Not a hat or a tractor. I’ve lost more time and money than I care to admit on kubota products. After I’m tired of beating on the POS with a hammer, I will move it to the powerline where we sight in our deer rifles and I will use it as a 1000 yd big orange target! Kubota sucks, their service sucks and the ugly orange svl 95 sucks. I would buy ANY other brand but would not recommend a thing that has the name KUBOTA on it!! Good luvk

Vetech63

Sti

I’ve retired the piece of junk to the barn. It now sits silent in the corner of my barn and is used as punching bag for 10lb hammers when I’ve had a bad day. I found that this is the only use I have for such a royal waste of money. I won’t throw away 1 more hour of my time ou 1 more dollar on a kubota product. Not a hat or a tractor. I’ve lost more time and money than I care to admit on kubota products. After I’m tired of beating on the POS with a hammer, I will move it to the powerline where we sight in our deer rifles and I will use it as a 1000 yd big orange target! Kubota sucks, their service sucks and the ugly orange svl 95 sucks. I would buy ANY other brand but would not recommend a thing that has the name KUBOTA on it!! Good luvk
LMAO! Sorry for your pain buddy but I found your post pretty funny!

Cole T

Occupation
Excavation
LMAO! Sorry for your pain buddy but I found your post pretty funny!
Lol. I think all of the newer skidsteers are having some sort of issues with the emissions stuff. Just sucks for kubota that they ended up with me as a customer/victim. Lol. I’m kinda tough on kubota but from their tractors to their skidsteers in my experience have been a royal Piece of junk. I can deal with junk when the service is good or if the product is good with with bad service. But when they equally suck then they deserve the feedback they get. (PIMA ). I hear some people have good luck with the ugly orange machines. I just don’t know of any personally.

skata

Lol. I think all of the newer skidsteers are having some sort of issues with the emissions stuff. Just sucks for kubota that they ended up with me as a customer/victim. Lol. I’m kinda tough on kubota but from their tractors to their skidsteers in my experience have been a royal Piece of junk. I can deal with junk when the service is good or if the product is good with with bad service. But when they equally suck then they deserve the feedback they get. (PIMA ). I hear some people have good luck with the ugly orange machines. I just don’t know of any personally.
Do they give you a loaner when you're down?

Cole T

Occupation
Excavation
Depends on who you know or how mad you get with them when it comes to a loaner. In my experience anyway. Have some friends who don’t mind wasting a half a day arguing about a loaner. They always get one. I’m always pushed for time and won’t argue with em. I Figure if they don’t want to do right I won’t make them.

skata

That sucks. Good dealers will loan you a machine if you're still under warranty.

Midnightmoon

if its less then 5 years old all emission related parts are covered that means if the injector goes bad and ruins the engine you get a new engine. check def injector wiring for leaks, It leaks into harness and takes out acu. that def code is covered under warranty you didnt have to buy the headed if its less then 5 years old.

Mack Loewen

it’s a good machine minus the def system. When running, it’s a strong machine and I absolutely love it. There is a system that you can buy to delete the def system now. I believe it’s argotronics and i think reimer tuning have it worked out. I can’t vouch for either but both are online and seem to be legit. This is the route I should’ve taken but wanted to do it myself to save $ and to learn for future deletes that I most certainly will do until they can test, tune and then build a system that works correctly. It’s a strong machine and has its good qualities minus the bells and whistles. 99% of the lawmakers and air/pollution police couldn’t point out a machine that has a def delete and one without a delete. I think your safe when it comes to that. Good luck with your machine.

I was doing some digging on Google to see if there was any talks about this within the community. I know that this post is older, but these skid steers are still super populator! Just wanted to take a few minutes and hop on here. My name is Mack, I work for Reimer Tuning and we still have a solution when it comes to these SVL95's. A lot of R&D has gone into these skid steers, we actually have one on our farm. The tuning for the SVL95 has been our top seller for almost an entire year straight now, people love what we have to offer. We have done a few technical write ups on these Kubota's, something to take a look at if you are wanting more information. What we hear from Customers all the time is that once the tune has been completed on it, they feel like a completely different machine!