• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Svl95-2s def code9519 madmadmad!!

Cole T

Occupation
Excavation
I’ve never been more disgusted with a machine than the kubota svl95-2s. Anyone know how to delete the dpf system. DONT CARE ABOUT THE LAWS AND NOT WANTING INFO ON THE ENVIRONMENT!!! I only want info on how to delete, destroy, bypass, rig or whatever I have to do to never put def in this POS again. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! I’m not taking it back to kubota to get anything done! So if I have to buy computers, parts or whatever, that’s what I’ll do. I’m at my end with this thing and the incompetence of kubota techs, mechanics and even the ugly orange paint! Same deal as everyone. Def issues and want to know how to fix it somehow or delete. 400 hours. It’s been in limp mode for 399.5 hours! Please help! I will trade or sell also but would like to fix it! Someone can make millions fixing the rest of these pieces of junk for the rest of the unfortunate owners of these grade A certified pieces of junk! Again I don’t care about the epa,epd,police,president,moral standards,corona virus or anything other than fixing or deleting this def system! Thanks in advance!

Vetech63

You sound like you need a night in a Holiday Inn Express. Those systems aren’t any more complicated than the rest of them from what I’ve seen. Do you know what that code definition is?

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Dude, trade the POS and get something else and sleep well with that.

3X8

0004000042431_3_A1C1_1200.png

Cole T

Occupation
Excavation
That’s correct. I’ve changed the def, cleaned the tank and lines, cleaned def injector, etc. I feel like I might not be resetting the ecu by just disconnecting the batt or pulling fuses??? Problem with sending it back to kubota is they just throw parts at it to try and fix and never find the cause of the issue. So it comes back and runs ok for a bit and then back to kubota to throw more parts at it!! It’s probably just my kubota location that sucks so bad and the rest are great. Anyway I’m pulling everything dpf,def,sensors etc today. If nothing else I’ll have a science experiment w the POS but it’s loosing all emissions bs today.

Cole T

Occupation
Excavation
Vtech, how do I fix the machine to run without the system or how do I fix the system??????????

MarshallPowerGen

Occupation
Generator Technician & Equipment Mechanic
If you just yank the emissions system out, it's still going to be stuck in limp mode, throw even more codes and leave you in a worse spot than you're in. Better to calm down, fix the issue, and then run it or sell it.

Is it still under warranty? What codes has it had and what parts has your dealer thrown at it in the past?

Tags

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your machine, there's nothing more frustrating than that, plus add a dealer and that doesn't help much, it Can be maddening. I'm pretty sure that there is a five year warranty on all the emissions garbage that's on that machine, but if the dealer isn't helping to fix your issues, that's a bigger problem all around… I sent you a private message…

Cole T

Occupation
Excavation
I hear ya Marshall. And agree. But I know it can be done. It’s just the ecu that is holding me back. I know it’s gonna throw codes so I need someone with the knowledge of the computer or I’ve found a emulator that might work? It tells the computer what it wants to hear while allowing the motor to run free of the def chains. I just need someone to point me in the right direction. Thanks for the info and I’ve calmed down from the other day so I can listen and make a reasonable decision on how to delete rather than ripping it all out with 963 and a chain like I wanted to do the other day.

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
We have same machine. Had same issue. Our dealer pulled the guts out of the tank and replaced them. Knock on wood it’s working. We have 5890hrs as if today. That’s the first issue we’ve had. I’m not confident we won’t have more issues related to this again. I’d delete in a second if I knew how.

Cole T

Occupation
Excavation
Ok thanks. I’m actually headed to get a new def quality sensor now that’s part of that assembly. I’ve ordered a 600$ emulating module type deal that I’m gonna try. I’ll keep you posted on if it works or not once I receive it

BigWrench55

Chances are the float assembly for the def tank has a failed quality sensor. Unfortunately you can't just replace the quality sensor. Another thing that you can try is to drain the tank and turn on the key. That will set another code but don't worry about that. Turn the key off and refill the tank. Turn the key back on that should reset the time that the ecm will run a quality check. And should get you out of limp mode. Also I would buy a def refractometer to be sure that your def quality is good. Def fluid will degrade after time and the warmer the temperature the faster. Shelf life is typically 6 months at 72* farenheit. Sun light will also degrade the quality of def fluid. Like it or not teir 4 final is the way it's going to be. I would get familiar with the system because whatever the tree huggers come up with next. Will be even more expensive and complicated. Good luck to you and I hope that this will help.

Txhayseed

We have 4 total 95s in our fleet. All have had issues with def and after treatment systems at some point in time. We have more issues with the Kubota 95s than with any other brand of our track units when it comes to emmesions. Parts seem to be on the higher side as well when it comes to replacement. Overall even customers have not been a big fan of the kubotas in general and have asked not to receive them anymore. But as paul said its here like it or not we are just stuck with it

Cole T

Occupation
Excavation
Hey Paul. Thanks a ton for the useful information. This type of information is what I was hoping for when I joined this forum and between you and several others I’ve learned a lot. THANKS! So far I have drained tank, cleaned lines,injector(dozer) I think some call it???,tank and dog filter. It was surprisingly clean, checked wires, installed new def. Done this several times thinking it was possible that I had 2 batches of bad def. Still in limp mode.
Questions:
-will adding ammonia bring the quality of the def back up to normal?
-Does it hurt anything to run a machine in limp mode for more than just a few min?

Your exactly right about getting used to the def system cause it’s not going anywhere. This is another reason I’m not wanting to get Kubota back out to throw parts at it. I need to be able to work on my equipment. My projects are way out sometimes and mechanics aren’t always an option for me. So I’m spending a lot more time on this machine hoping that the knowledge gained will payoff in the future with other def related issues on other machines. Warranty is all I keep hearing from some but warranty doesn’t get my job completed on time or make me look good to the customer when my equipment is down and I’m behind schedule. Warranty is just a nice word for “we f’d up but we’ll fix our f’up” and may or may not charge you something. Anyway thanks everyone for the info and thanks for not schooling me on the laws and topics I’m not concerned with at the moment. Any useful information will be greatly appreciated. Paul I’m gonna try what you said and I’ll let ya know what the results are.

BigWrench55

I wouldn't add any ammonia. Def has a certain water and ammonia mix. You can order a refractometer on Amazon and test your def fluid that away. Find a way to get in contact with kubota factory and ask if there is a special parts commitment with the emissions system. I work for a Volvo dealer and they honor the emissions parts up to 7000 hours. Maybe kubota is the same. Good luck.

Cole T

Occupation
Excavation
Ok thanks. I got on other projects but I’ll be working on the Kubota again this week. I’ll see about the parts commitment also. Let ya know how everything works out.

gpr75

Glad to have found the forum and joined as I am actually looking into purchasing a SVL95-2s. As I am not about just blatantly defying laws or such,but I guess no one has come up with a delete program or kit like they do on diesel pickups. My dad has a couple of small Kubota compact tractors and he has even had DPF issues with those. It's hard to believe that the system couldn't be reverse engineered to the pre emissions days to improve the reliability and possible increase the power like our trucks. Just wondering.