• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

some work pictures

TOM V

Occupation
Mechanic, Welder, Office work ect.
They look similar to the ones I see pictured in my CAT service manual. I hope they are strong enough for all of that weight ;)

There good stands, I have four of them. Caterpillar part # 1U-7498

TOM V

Occupation
Are they the ones with the spring loaded castors? I've seen them around,they are very good.

No Ray, these are the OTC # 1778 12 TON stands, I would like to have a couple of those CAT stands, I think there capacity is 20 TON.

TOM V

Occupation
Cutting some HARDOX 450 into wear bars for a customer.
wear bar 002.jpgwear bar 003.jpgwear bar 005.jpg

stepsideclyde

Occupation
Construction equipment mechanic
Quality workmanship, kinda lost these days, You inspire me to do better work myself, and maybe expand the skill set a little bit, thanks

tc

steve loving

Tom o/a cutting can produce a nice cut with correct tip/pressures/speed your work is proof of that. Have you ever seen or used a magnetic pattern flame cutting machine. I started building one out of 4130 tubing for light weight but never finished it.

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
I just refilled my acetylene B tank....$51.00.It has almost doubled in price.I can't imagine having to keep a stock for work like you guys do.Ron G

TOM V

Occupation
Quality workmanship, kinda lost these days, You inspire me to do better work myself, and maybe expand the skill set a little bit, thanks

tc

We always have to do our best, what ever the job may be.
Thanks, TOM V

TOM V

Occupation
Tom o/a cutting can produce a nice cut with correct tip/pressures/speed your work is proof of that. Have you ever seen or used a magnetic pattern flame cutting machine. I started building one out of 4130 tubing for light weight but never finished it.
Steve, I would like to see the pattern cutter if you finish it.

TOM V

Occupation
I just refilled my acetylene B tank....$51.00.It has almost doubled in price.I can't imagine having to keep a stock for work like you guys do.Ron G

Ron, I spent about $1400.00 last year on welding gasses, and it was a slow year.

TOM V

Occupation
Look into using LPG for cutting. Its a quarter of the price here.
Ray, I use acetylene, propane and propylene for cutting, I like the acetylene the best, it seems to be the hottest burning.

RayF

Occupation
lineborer/welder
Yes acetylene is by far the hottest burning.LPG give a nice cut on heavy plate and you use a lot less and its a lot cheaper and me being a skin flint I use it:D