• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

some work pictures

typ4

Occupation
Equipment mechanic for a small company.
Hey Tom,
I am doing an estimate for bucket link repair/replace, cab repair and glass replacement on the boss,s 490d . I will be working as a private contractor, can you give me a labor rate to put on the estimate, tools will be about 50/50 his and mine.
And man you do some awesome work.!!

Thanks a bunch
Russ

TOM V

Occupation
Mechanic, Welder, Office work ect.
Hey Tom,
I am doing an estimate for bucket link repair/replace, cab repair and glass replacement on the boss,s 490d . I will be working as a private contractor, can you give me a labor rate to put on the estimate, tools will be about 50/50 his and mine.
And man you do some awesome work.!!

Thanks a bunch
Russ
Russ, my labor rate out east is $90.00 per hour but from what I see it varies depending on region.

TOM V

Occupation
Some line boring pics from this afternoon, AKERMAN scrap handler boom.
14BLC BOOM 001.jpg14BLC BOOM 002.jpg14BLC BOOM 003.jpg14BLC BOOM 004.jpg14BLC BOOM 005.jpg
Should finish in the morning.

RayF

Occupation
lineborer/welder
Thats real onsite work:)How will the bar handle those inside bores? Will you need another bearing in there or will it cut without chatter? Nice work!

TOM V

Occupation
Thats real onsite work:)How will the bar handle those inside bores? Will you need another bearing in there or will it cut without chatter? Nice work!
Ray, I cut one side with no problem, the bearing span is about 36". Thanks.

OBPM

Hey Tom, great pics. It's obvious you take pride in your work.

typ4

Occupation
Equipment mechanic for a small company.
Russ, my labor rate out east is $90.00 per hour but from what I see it varies depending on region.

Thats what I was thinking, the dealers are 110 out here. And we do better work anyway. Thanks for the reply.

RayF

Occupation
lineborer/welder
Look at that finish:) And no "posousification"in the weld either:D Good job. Its nice when the jobs are at ground level. I've got a 994 artic pivot coming up which I'm not looking forward to :mad:

Super Dave

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
hi Tom
My name is Dave and I am from Ontario Canada, I love to see some take pride in thier work and also give the customer what they are paying for . I have a question about your truck, how does the crane mount on the box . Is there support that go down and conect on to the truck frame . I have just bought a 1996 f350 with a willcox service body , I would to mont a crane on it . if you could let me known that would be great.
thank You
Dave H

TOM V

Occupation
hi Tom
My name is Dave and I am from Ontario Canada, I love to see some take pride in thier work and also give the customer what they are paying for . I have a question about your truck, how does the crane mount on the box . Is there support that go down and conect on to the truck frame . I have just bought a 1996 f350 with a willcox service body , I would to mont a crane on it . if you could let me known that would be great.
thank You
Dave H
Dave, here is a picture of a crane body similar to mine, hope it helps you.

Attachments

• Scan_Pic0026-feterl.jpg
    Scan_Pic0026-feterl.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 4,264

dirty4fun

From the look of your work Tom you should get them very often, goes a long ways towards making a person feel good.

Randy88

First off great work, next, is there anything you can't fix or refuse to fix? By the looks of what's been posted your a master of your trade and then some, there's nobody around me I know of that can tackle some of those jobs, but I was wondering if there are some even you don't attempt to tackle or is it just another challenge the harder they are?