• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

some work pictures

PROBIKE101

better working with him.................so i could learn what he has forgotten.lol

this thread is all Conn people as of late.
we should meet for a beer and swap lies lol.

TOM V

Occupation
Mechanic, Welder, Office work ect.
Todays job, DEERE 230LC sheared the bolts that mount the torsional damper to crankshaft.230LC 004.jpg230LC 002.jpg230LC 005.jpg
Post a few more later.

dirty4fun

That is one of the best equipped trucks, the customers in your area don't know how lucky they are. When I bought a backhoe a few years back, the dealer had to take care of some issues. His service truck looked like it would not even be safe to drive and though big had only a few basic tools. I would never buy from that dealer again, just because of the work the service department does.

You have a class act, and it shows.

TOM V

Occupation
That is one of the best equipped trucks, the customers in your area don't know how lucky they are. When I bought a backhoe a few years back, the dealer had to take care of some issues. His service truck looked like it would not even be safe to drive and though big had only a few basic tools. I would never buy from that dealer again, just because of the work the service department does.

Thanks, I try to work efficiently and get the job done so the contractor has less down time.

brushmaster90

Occupation
independnt tractor operator
WOW man you got some great looking work under your belt. Ide gladly let you work on my equitment any day.

TOM V

Occupation
Thanks for the compliments guys, t_dirt there are a few more truck pics in thread called ultimate service truck.

TOM V

Occupation
Here are a couple pics of what I just started, AKERMAN H14BLC scrap handler arm line bore job.
H14BLC ARM 001.jpgH14BLC ARM 002.jpg

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
My hat is off to you Tom and anyone having to work outside these days.I am sweating so bad I can't see anything.Keep posting,I am looking for your truck on a jobsite in my travels.Ron G

RayF

Occupation
lineborer/welder
Great pics! Thanks. I see they are using spherical bearings in there.Dunno why manufacturers do that:( The hole has only got to stretch a few thou,no support for the bearing and the rot sets in. The line borer has put a real nice weld in there and done a good job of welding between the circlip grooves. Nice work!
Can you tell me what brands the boring machine and the welder are?:) Bar looks to be 2.1/4 inch?
When I get a spare minute I might post a few pics of some of my jobs.

TOM V

Occupation
Ray, the boring bar is a York with a 2" bar and the bore welder is a Bore Repair Systems.

OldandWorn

+10 :thumbsup I read your entire thread.

I'm a machinist but I don't know much about heavy equipment so my question may be a bit lame. Why the need for so many bore jobs? I would think there are replaceable bushings. Does all the knocking around and dirt eat out the bushing holes as well?

I have an older Deere hoe that I might want to tighten up some day....maybe not as easy as just replacing the pins and bushings?

Last edited:

TOM V

Occupation
+10 :thumbsup I read your entire thread.

I'm a machinist but I don't know much about heavy equipment so my question may be a bit lame. Why the need for so many bore jobs? I would think there are replaceable bushings. Does all the knocking around and dirt eat out the bushing holes as well?

I have an older Deere hoe that I might want to tighten up some day....maybe not as easy as just replacing the pins and bushings?
Many times where the pin is in a fixed position with no bushing the bores get pounded out and other times they are worn thru the busings.