• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

some work pictures

curb guy

Tom, how do you poke out track pins? I'm going to assume,looking at your last photo, you use a "BFH". Just wondering what your preferred method is. I've always used a sledge instead of a press.Mainly because I don't have a track press, but that's another story. Love the photos!

TOM V

Occupation
Mechanic, Welder, Office work ect.
Tom, how do you poke out track pins? I'm going to assume,looking at your last photo, you use a "BFH". Just wondering what your preferred method is. I've always used a sledge instead of a press.Mainly because I don't have a track press, but that's another story. Love the photos!

Most of the time I use a 20lb hammer, I do have an OTC master pin pusher I bought used, the last time I used it was on a CAT 245 to put in a couple repair links. I would prefer the CAT 2 rod style press but what I have works for now.

TOM V

Occupation
A couple shots of the broken grapple put back together.
IMAG0118-A.jpgIMAG0123.jpg

TOM V

Occupation
A few from today, repacking a couple hoist cylinders on a Fiat Allis loader.
IMAG0125.jpgIMAG0126.jpgIMAG0127.jpg

Jaybo

Occupation
Compost Facility Operator
Looks like he is doing one at a time if I were to guess...

TOM V

Occupation
A few pics of a mini bucket I started on today.
IMAG0129.jpgIMAG0135.jpgIMAG0131.jpgIMAG0133.jpg

dirty4fun

Tom,

You are handier than a shirt pocket, now to see how it looks when finished. Some insight as to how you are going to bend that plate to follow the curve would be nice, also.

TOM V

Occupation
Tom,

You are handier than a shirt pocket, now to see how it looks when finished. Some insight as to how you are going to bend that plate to follow the curve would be nice, also.

The floor plate for that bucket will be made from HARDOX 450 material and formed on a press brake. I will post some pics as I go.

Lee-online

Do you have that done for you?

We have a local company do ours, we give then a cardboard template of the profile and they bend it. Bucket bottoms, blade faces, all kinds of things. The brake must be a pretty good size to bend AR plate.

TOM V

Occupation
Yes Lee, I have a company with a 1000 ton press brake that forms all my projects such as this.

TOM V

Occupation
Drilling HARDOX 400 wear plate with a M42 tin coated annular cutter.
IMAG0137.jpgIMAG0138.jpgIMAG0139.jpg

dirty4fun

I kind of wondered if you had it bent that way so you get the shape right. Bet the customer will be one more of those happy ones when you finish.

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
yes you must love those annular bits.............theironoracle

RayF

Occupation
lineborer/welder
Without stealing Toms thread a trick thats handy when drilling that quench and tempered steel is prior to drilling put a heat spot with the gas torch and let it cool out. It will anneal it and make it a lot softer to drill.:)