• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Skidders- Tracks ot Tires, Lines or Grapples- Lets see what you've got!

skadill

Cat D5H Track Skidder

Fresh photo,still surprised by the stuff that was turned off and walked away from.Video look at:http://youtu.be/mOsv3wp4L2E

Attachments

• DSCN0589.jpg
    DSCN0589.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 4,307
  • DSCN0590.jpg
    DSCN0590.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 3,625
  • DSCN0591.jpg
    DSCN0591.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 3,036
  • DSCN0594.jpg
    DSCN0594.jpg
    344.7 KB · Views: 3,062

mike 360*

alot of contractors over here use farm tractors with blades and winches for skidders, old county tractors being popular! but big contractors use proper skidders
011.jpg

Curbster

Occupation
Prime Digger on Dog Hill
lg junior; " Here is a 360 timberjack I had rented in 1990 with a non-turbo Perkins diesel, quite possibly the noisiest machine I have ever run." - bottom of page 4

Well I'll second you on that statement about the noisiest machine ever run. I ran one of these once with a snow blade doing roads and I had to stop and twist ear plugs in and then put the earmuffs back on! It was still loud. I couldn't imagine running one for an 8 - 10 hour shift! No wonder I have hearing aids!:rolleyes:

Last edited: