• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sister Site

Plant Fitter

Thanks Digger, it's working now, much appreciated. Strange that I didn't get the email with the confirmation link...............

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I found a few other HEF members in the same situation there, and changed those as well. We'll look into the issue.

Thanks for letting us know you had a problem.:notworthy

Tiny

They might double check the spam folder in their email . Some emails will put site notices in the spam area

Last edited:

JAKES.

When the truck site was started I registered and visited a few times. I must have forgotten the password and have been locked out of the account. So I say screw it just stay here..I like it better here at H.E.F. No need for multiple duplicate forum memberships.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I spoke with our tech about this, he said that Google has been pushing forums to purchase the "https:" secure site prefix and has begun flagging sites without it. I've contacted Google several times about it yet they still throw the warning. It came up for me yesterday but not tonight. Rest assured we aren't doing anything fishy. I have no explanation for why this site hasn't been targeted.

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
I spoke with our tech about this, he said that Google has been pushing forums to purchase the "https:" secure site prefix and has begun flagging sites without it. I've contacted Google several times about it yet they still throw the warning. It came up for me yesterday but not tonight. Rest assured we aren't doing anything fishy. I have no explanation for why this site hasn't been targeted.

My guess is because this site is well established and high traffic and has been around a very long time, the other site appears quite the opposite to them.

But the bottom line is anytime you are dealing with a huge faceless corporation like that that is supposed to serve you, the small customer, you will get jerked around with no rhyme or reason. I notice it more and more as this Internet stuff expands into every area of life.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
ianholt150, the only time you should be asked for your DOB is when you're registering. The software requires it to ensure we are abiding laws regarding minors on the internet. If you are seeing it otherwise, please take a screen shot and sent to me.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I've had my tech look at that and he can't find anything wrong. Google has been pressuring website owners to purchase the more expensive https URL and we think this may be a ploy to force the issue. I've contacted them several times to find out how to get them to stop flagging the site but have had no response. We're in the process of converting to this software for that site which doesn't seem to be affected. I've been visiting the site regularly with no ill effects.

bootloops

Occupation
CDL truck driver
That link you have posted sent me out to something infected as hell or at least that's what my antivirus said.

td25c

No issues getting to the HTF site or logging in .

Steve nailed it in post # 33 .

Could be the antivirus is infected giving a false warning on a stand up forum .

Like the President would say......... " Fake News " !:)

Last edited:

Truck Shop

Well the only fake news is coming from the white house. Besides that it gave my PC fits.

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
I don't run any meaningful antivirus, it is my browser and Google that throws the warnings at me. All stuff on their end, nothing from my local computer. That is what is annoying, "they" deciding what we should look at.