• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sister Site

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
I don't want to rain on your parade but it seems to me that the web is pretty much saturated with truck boards already. I really like the focus of this board on business and machines earning their keep, though.

How do you propose to draw users into the new board?

Also, I find it a bit counterproductive to have such a great number of sub forums. No one is going to read the Brockway forum, for instance, so the lone guy that has one and needs help will never get it from even those who might know the answer but not have a Brockway any more. Sometimes it is better just to keep things all in one place and let the titles of posts do the differentiation.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I'm looking in to whether I can cross post, I'm still a bit of a novice with vBulletin. Birken, my hope is with the same direction, business and trucks will be as popular as heavy equipment. There certainly are more trucks out there than heavy equipment.

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . I find HEF good (make that better than good) for the simple reason everything is on the one site. As Birken Vogt mentions there may be less cross-pollination.

It will be interesting to see how it all pans out but I am a firm believer in the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" way of thinking.

However there may well be "behind the scenes" difficulties for the moderators I don't understand. What ever the case, I hope it all works out . . . but not to the detriment of this excellent board.

All the best with it and Cheers.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I'm hoping it will complement our site. There are a lot of truckers out there not involved with heavy equipment that can benefit from it, and I'll link this site at that one. We will more than likely have members join here as a result of that site too.

Thanks td25c

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
Great, yet another site to visit....how is anyone supposed to get any work done ? Lol. I totally agree with birken and it appears as of right now the other members do too. But 'eh whatever floats your boat......

Hopefully your keeping the truck forum here on HEF open aren't you?

Cross posting from vB board to board is pretty simple ....... But I'm sure ther is a vB board out there somewhere to help explain it lol

Pj

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
I'm hoping it will complement our site. There are a lot of truckers out there not involved with heavy equipment that can benefit from it, and I'll link this site at that one. We will more than likely have members join here as a result of that site too.

Thanks td25c

I Would hope so too Steve ……. I hope it will separate where the Bear craps in the Bush from some of the $.02 comments that can happen from the wanna-b's…..

We can only see that it'll be a success !

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Hopefully your keeping the truck forum here on HEF open aren't you?

I doubt Steve would shut it down here, really wouldn't make much sense to do so if you think about it, after all, HEF is it's own entity. As for the competition of other truck forums saturation, true enough there's plenty of choices already out there, but I have to think, Steve already started a forum from nothing, HEF, and all of us members have made it what it is now. I have no reason to think we can't make this new forum successful as well. But then, as I wake up everyday to realize God has granted me another day of breathing oxygen, maybe I'm the eternal optimist. :)

BJP

Does your user name and password (for HEF) work in the sister site or do I have register again to login there?

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
You will need to register there. I'm not sure that I can set it to automatically register HEF members, plus I wouldn't feel right about doing that without permission from each member. We have nearly 35,000 members here, that would be some process to get permission from each one.

95zIV

Occupation
RR Contractor Super.
Steve,

Could we get a link to the new forum in the "Link Exchanges" section? This might also draw more attention to it when new people arrive when they look in that section out of curiosity.

And by the way, I do like the way you have the new forum set up, it allows anyone with ANY interest in trucks(no matter how obscure they may be) a chance to put that interest in the right spot.

Plant Fitter

I registered with Heavy Truck Forums. It said I would receive an email which has a link that I would need to activate the account. I never received any email. Now I can log in to Heavy Truck Forums but it tells me: