• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Scratch built toys

Iron Art

Occupation
Retired power plant control operator
Started a new project, be a while before it finished but will work on it as time permits. This model will be a static, Tigercat 630D, all steel built as a swamp logger. Fred

Last edited:

SJModels

Looks like you found some nice tires. I just started a model of a Cat twenty-two. I'm going to cast the treads this weekend, (first time casting aluminum). Scott.

Iron Art

Occupation
Scott, Casting is something that I aways wanted to learn to do, I'm anxious to see the results of your first attempt. Heres a pic of the Tigercat. Fred

Attachments

• dscn1583 (2).jpg
    dscn1583 (2).jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 2,836

Iron Art

Occupation
dhlogging, Not sure about Scotts toys but the ones that I build are not necessarily for sale, but then everthing I own, including my dog is for sale if the truth were known. My toy building is not a buisness but is a hobby, I like to build models that may not have a commerically built model available. Fred

Iron Art

Occupation
Made a little progress on the Tigercat. 316 holes in the grill guard. Fred

Attachments

• dscn1605 (2).jpg
    dscn1605 (2).jpg
    44 KB · Views: 2,312

Iron Art

Occupation
I use both Mig and Tig but mostly Tig. If the weld is in a area that will be out of sight then I will Mig it. Got the the side panels done, nearly 900 holes drilled. Also now working on the window frames. Fred

cummins05

Im starting my first powerd replica build here soon im going to do a zx850

Any tips you wana give me.

Im finding it really hard to figure out how many pumps and motors I will need for the size I wana build. Not alot of info to be found on it.

Iron Art

Occupation
Theres a lot of info around on RC constuction equiptment. There are a couple of guys that visit this site who have scratch built various pcs. of equiptment and they may respond to your build with some info. If you don't get the info you need I would visit the Garden trucking site under construction equiptment, some real RC craftsman there. Fred

Iron Art

Occupation
Heres a bit of a update on thr Tigercat. Fred

Attachments

• DSCN1611 (2).JPG
    DSCN1611 (2).JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 2,024

Iron Art

Occupation
Update on the Tigercat, most of the fab. completed now its time to add the details. Fred

Attachments

• DSCN1614 (2).JPG
    DSCN1614 (2).JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 1,838

Speedpup

Occupation
President and all else that needs done!
Great I love those machines when I see them working on TV!

Jdigger4130

WOW! Those madills are great!!!! I am making a dio in 25th scale and was wondering if you can make an ol 071 Madill or something to that effect. Please contact me if yer interested in connecting. I do not have the skill to make one myself or the knowledge of the details. I do PAY U S Dollars though. I can be reached at justinnunneley@gmail.com. I really hope to hear from ya and find out what it takes to get one down to california. Justin

Iron Art

Occupation
This Yarder is 1/24, The spar is a little short, gravel digger. It dosn't have the detail that the 046 on wheels nor do the tracks turn, but its orange!! Fred

Attachments

• dscn0847 (2).jpg
    dscn0847 (2).jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 2,525

Jdigger4130

Copy Fred. I LALOOOVE the big 046 I can hear the thing screamin in my mind. I am very into them and wonder what it will cost to get one home. I wanna make a dio of a loggin/truck shop like one down the road from me in Crescent City Ca where I grew up in the eighties. Guys had big Skagits on rubber and lotsa 071s . Being metal I imagine its not cheap but I will tell ya I paid a grand for a Cedar Rapids pitmaster to have a pit or mothballed in a bone yard and have A guy making A Cozad 2x2x2 as I write. So if ya wanna throw me A number at justinnunneley@gmail.com or just share photos I would really like to get to know ya. Yer a real craftsman and artist. Justin N

Iron Art

Occupation
Tigercat update

Heres an update on the TC, roundbar ordered to turn out 8 wheels and finish axles, build grapples, powder coat, and make decals, almost done. Fred

Last edited: