• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Scratch built toys

Iron Art

Occupation
Retired power plant control operator
Heres a few scratch built, all steel toys. I built these in my shop and powder coated them when completed. Fred

Attachments

• photo024 (2).jpg
    photo024 (2).jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 4,831
  • Photo014.jpg
    Photo014.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 4,383
  • DSCN0965 (2).JPG
    DSCN0965 (2).JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 4,460
  • DSCN1149.jpg
    DSCN1149.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 4,443

Cat is ALL

I'm impressed, it looks like you put a lot of effort into all of these. You do mostly all forestry equipment?

Iron Art

Occupation
Lately I"ve been doing logging equiptment, but I started out doing Farm equiptment. I do whatever that I see that I like and that may not have a commerically built model available. Takes a lot of time. Fred

Contract Logger

Occupation
Equipment Broker
These things are incredible. I envy your skill and dedication. I also agree with Steve, I had to go back and look at the tractor to tell it wasnt real!

Iron Art

Occupation
Heres a picture that some may have seen at the Con-Ag show in Las Vegas. Its a concept idea and has operating drums for gravel mining. The other is a Case Steam tractor which I built from pictures, no demensions, just used the pictures and proportions. I use this method when there is no spec sheet available. Fred

Attachments

• photo001.jpg
    photo001.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 4,282
  • DSCN0762 (3).JPG
    DSCN0762 (3).JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 4,038

Speedpup

Occupation
President and all else that needs done!
Great talents hats off to ya!:drinkup:drinkup:drinkup

Iron Art

Occupation
James, Thought about E Bay but havn't used it. I did some looking around on that site and have not seen much scratch built equipment but I may not have searched properly to find it. I'm going to a Toy show next month and will display there. I have had a lot of interest in the logging equipment that I have but the economy is such that most all of us are sitting on our wallets or our wallets are empty. Thanks, Fred

gatorguy

Occupation
Farmer and Equipment Operator
Hey fred that is some amazing work. Would you be interested in making a model of a supertrak tl150 and selling it to me?

Iron Art

Occupation
Gatorguy, I could build you a TL150 but it would be at least a year away due to other commitmants. By then there probably will be a decent Die Cast version available. Fred

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!! You must have one terriffic shop to do that kind of work.