• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Scratch built toys

Iron Art

Occupation
Retired power plant control operator
Heres a picture of the Tigercat, Fred

Attachments

• dscn1664 (2).jpg
    dscn1664 (2).jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 2,275

Jdigger4130

That is some fine work there. Do you CNC that stuff? I was gonna buy a carve wright from Craftsman for workin w polystyrene but after further research found I would be better off sending my ideas to the pros. I wanna make trailers and truck gear for 1/25th scale model trucks

Jdigger4130

Hey fred, do you go to the Brooks show? I am planning on getting up there this year and would be great to meet up and talk old trucks and stuff. My friends from Myrtle Point are saying that A KW fan like me HAS to see this show. I was at the ATHS show in Pleasanton this year and had a blast. But I bet you guys have a ton o loggin stuff at this event

Iron Art

Occupation
Jdigger4130, If you are going to the Brooks Truck show(last Sat of Aug.) let me know for sure, I have plans to attend another antique tractor show but could change those plans to Sunday and meet you at Brooks.
Dirtpusher9, Thanks for taking the time to having a look at the Tigercat. I checked out your shop yesterday, nice to see the place where your Cat was born. Fred

Jdigger4130

Great! i will fer sure. Is this tractor show you speak of like a steam up? Ag ? or all kinds of things. I am very interested in this as well. If I am up there why cant I do both? I am not afraid of windshield time at all.

Iron Art

Occupation
Tigercat completed

Heres the completed Tigercat, scratch built from steel except the wheels and powder coated. Fred

Attachments

• dscn1680 (2).jpg
    dscn1680 (2).jpg
    73 KB · Views: 2,609
  • dscn1672 (2).jpg
    dscn1672 (2).jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 2,967

Jdigger4130

WOW Fred!!!!! That thing is neat. I would call TigerCat and show them. I bet the mngmt would flip seeing that. Great attn to detail. You should be VERY proud of yourself. GREAT WORK. Jdigger

Tiny

If you hadn't seen the 1st one ,I bet you could not tell which was which...only one is real .

Attachments

• tigercat.jpg
    tigercat.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,985

heavylift

I think if it was weathered and had some branches in the claws .. It would look like the real deal even more

Nice model

Iron Art

Occupation
heavylift, I was thinging about stiring up a mud pit and burying it up to the hood to take some pics, thinks for having a look. Fred

Iron Art

Occupation
Here's the finished JD tractor that is similar to a "C" model. Fred

Attachments

• dscn0253 (3).jpg
    dscn0253 (3).jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 1,524

Iron Art

Occupation
Been a little slow in the scratch built model building but did finish the 1910 Big Four and plow. Freddscn0476 (3).jpg

Iron Art

Occupation
Here's a little update on this old model,new spar, new side access doors on the winch and several other small add-ons. Also did a little touch up on the Power coating. Fred

Attachments

• dscn0655 (2).jpg
    dscn0655 (2).jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 591