• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

SANY Excavators

truefinn

Any of you guys using these excavators have experience with the new Sany SY335C? It is not available yet in Europe but I heard it is coming soon.

JGS Parts

Occupation
Owner JGS Machinery
chinese :cummins are not supported by cumming in aust check in you area?

Chinese Cummins engines that are made with cummins together do have warrantys in Australia and if anyone tells you other wise they are BSing you mate. I know this for a fact because cummins in australia are also selling them there.

Trevor Wrench

I second that, Cummins no longer makes a "Chinese" market specific engine, half the motors i come across in the states were made in China, Cummins does not have enough facilities here in the states to keep up with production.

Forbes

SANY Equipment

i"ve been to a sany dealer here....seem to be nice machine!! but don"t have the chance to try it however!! and for "sultan"...rexroth is a brand name from kawasaki, so any worry there...

would not be scary to own one i guess....

I work in Saudi Arabia & we are starting to see a lot of Chinese cranes. Excavators & Korean equipment

SANY Cranes are doing well - REXWROTH is a PARKER Brand Hoses are PARKER Transmission DANA Engine Cummins

XCMG Cranes are also here along with ZOOMLION - DEMAG Copy but not as reliable - PRICE PRICE is the thing now

HYUNDAI are really taking the market from CAT & HYUNDAI & KOBELCO & SUMITOMO

Bulldozers - Still KOMATSU 155A - King here BUT Shantui & PENGPU are also showing up with other Chinese Brands

They are not as reliable as the HERITAGE Brands like Komatsu , SUMITOMO , KOBELCO JCB or HITACHI or LIEBHERR or VOLVO( actually SAMSUNG) CAT have alsways struggled with EXCAVATORS for some reason & still do - Not as reliable or as fast as KOMATSU or LIEBHERR or HITACHI , DEERE sells very little here !!!

Forbes

I can't understand why anyone would buy a foreign made machine or a foreign brand machine made in the country that they live in. All that does is destroy the economy of the country that the buyers live in. The japanese have destroyed the U.S. auto industry. Toyota's quality finally caught up with their BS, and if the auto consumer had any brains at all they would trade in all the jap autos and buy from companies that have been building cars for 75 years or more. Why do you think the economy is in such bad shape? Dont buy japanese, Chinese, or Korean, let them worry about their own economy. Let them sell their junk in their own country.:usa

Bit difficult to try to buy American only now with : Komatsu & Hitachi selling most excavators in the US. Kobelco & Kubota & Takaeuchi & Yanmar & Sumitomo & NOW Lui Gong & XCMG also selling. German units - LEIBHERR & ATLAS also selling .

The free trade agreements have meant that US manufacturers really struggle with all of the foreign competition , Caterpillar & Deere with CASE ( owned by FIAT)

CAT has plants in CHINA( SEM Brand owned by CAT in China) & DEERE has a tie up in INDIA

Globalization & Free Trade agreements means that the WEST is losing out to EASTERN Competition

ben46a

Bit difficult to try to buy American only now with : Komatsu & Hitachi selling most excavators in the US. Kobelco & Kubota & Takaeuchi & Yanmar & Sumitomo & NOW Lui Gong & XCMG also selling. German units - LEIBHERR & ATLAS also selling .

The free trade agreements have meant that US manufacturers really struggle with all of the foreign competition , Caterpillar & Deere with CASE ( owned by FIAT)

CAT has plants in CHINA( SEM Brand owned by CAT in China) & DEERE has a tie up in INDIA

Globalization & Free Trade agreements means that the WEST is losing out to EASTERN Competition

Finally someone else sees the real cost of free trade.

rankothge

hello all
anyone know log on to service mode sy215c-8
i don't know password to log it.
what is the password on it? please help
thanks

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
Usual the dealers set the pass word ,or on my machine they did or didn't in my case.So just used all 0000 and got to where i needed to go for what we were looking for.

The dealer never set it on this machine.Good luck

JGibson

So now that they have been around for a while longer, what is everyones opinions on them now? Other then their gut wrenching performance at Conexpo (nothing like beating the crap out of your machine to try and sell it) how have they worked for the people that bought them? I have only seen a sany crane and It didn't look terrible. Went to the hardhat expo and say the liugong machines...POS machines. But sany has some aspects in the new ones that I like. Any thoughts? Thanks, John

The "performance" : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2KC6aLqTJU

Shimmy1

What exactly did they do in that video that should impress any sort of owner or operator???? An owner should fire the operator on the spot, and any self respecting operator with a conscience should consider most of this unthinkable. :thumbdown

Occupation
Heavy Duty Equipment Technician
31868 will get you into the first service screen...it is of no real help unless you looking for mere basics.

D Grade

Occupation
Service Technician
I seem to recall when Komatsu came to this country. Parts had to come off the assembly line in Japan, and were shipped by ship. But now Komatsu is a top brand. Don't tell me about American made equipment. Because all the parts are not made here. Some years ago Readers Digest had a survey about American cars and their parts. Of all the cars surveyed Cadillac had the most American made parts and it was only American60%.

Amen. People here are judging a company by its name or root country, not by content percentage of parts.

i dont really trust anything chinese made or japenese made. if you live in the U.S. then buy American :usa

See above. I work for Caterpillar and am a mechanic. I work on some older models of blades, dozers, front loaders, quarrey trucks, mine trucks, shovels, and ALOT of new models not even released or conversions to older model Cats. I will tell you this. The name Cat might say America to you, but if you knew the companys origin of I would say roughly 60-70% of the parts that are on Caterpillar machines of yesterday AND todays machines, your jaw would drop.

If any of you think consumers are just now selling out to overseas companies, then you need to know that the "Murica" corperations you envision have sold out 20+ years ago. Japan, Korea, India, and yes CHINA have had their hands in our cookie jar for a long time. This is automobile and heavy equipment wide. Hell its EVERYTHING wide from power tools, electronics, and guaranteed at least one thing you touch in a day WASN'T made in "Murica". You guys so opposed with buying overseas goods need a reality check. 1). Our current (and past 10-15 years) economical situation isnt good. The consumer AND coperations are going to pinch pennies where they can for their owns survival, not just to say theyre everything American to make people happy. And 2). ALOT of new age technology was NOT created on American soil. I know its a shock to some, but not all of the coolest features on heavy equipment or the modern world was concieved on American soil.

SanyDiggerDrive

Recently, Ontario's first SANY (Chinese) excavator dealer opened up in the middle of nowhere - East Garafraxa (where I live). There was one machine in the yard - a brand new SANY 210C. Here are my impressions of the machine:

The Good:
-Cummins engine, should be reliable
-Roomy, comfortable cab
-You can actually see the computer screen in the cab without glare
-Very soft, easy, low-effort controls (the lightest I've ever seen)
-Very smooth (just as smooth as a Komatsu)
-Clean machine layout without tons of clutter everywhere like in my Deere
-Very low price - with a list price of $115,000 CAD, it costs half that of a comparable CAT/Deere/Hitachi/Volvo/Komatsu/whatever

The Bad:
-The pump was noisy and had an unpleasant sound. The salesman said it was a Rexroth, and the brochure said it was a Kawasaki. Whatever it was, I didn't like it.
-The switches to the right of the seat and the throttle dial felt cheap and plasticky
-(Very minor) The throttle dial was rather stiff
-I'm not certain about this (it could have just been the noisy bad sounding pump), but the computer seemed to be playing with the engine more than I like
-(Minor) The literature was written in Changlish (bad computer translation of Chinese to English)
-The boom and stick appeared rather thin for the machine's size. The salesman said that they use better steel than CAT and Deere, but I don't trust Chinese metal.
-Despite the salesman's claims that it was very fast and that it would outdig a CAT or Deere, it wasn't really all that fast. I doubt that my 10 year old JD 200LC would have any difficulty outdigging it

What do you guys think of SANY machines? Are they any good?

Hi,
I got a new SY335C Sany in April 2015. In 12 months I put up 2380 hrs on a road job. At 600hrs the bushes on the dipper werer fairly worn, apparently they are nylon. There is a substantial amount of ware on all pins/bushes including the slewing ring. The digger hasn't missed a day without getting greased & sometimes greased twice daily.
When the boom is up to the last and the dipper in vertical position (near the cab), the bucket will wobble back and over about 4-6 inches. I also have Kobelco 210 with 16,000hrs & there is less play in it compared to the sany with 15% of it's work hrs.
The Sany is an animal of a digger to dig. It will load a Volvo A40 40seconds faster than a new Hitachi Z-axis 470, It's rapid fast. It's a very good digger but I'm concerned about the metal hardness.