• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

SANY Excavators

Helper81

Occupation
Rentals, Parts, Sales
Does anyone know if Sany has completed it's North American headquarters and production facility in Georgia?

http://www.sanyamerica.com/about-sany-america.php

Yes the Sany plant in Peachtree City Ga. is complete and up and running strong, we rental company I work for has 7 Excavators in the field now and 8 more on the way, we all took a tour of the facility about 3 weeks ago and it is amazing, Sany is not a fly by night company here in the USA, that plant cost over 60 million to build and it is flat out amazing. I took some pic's of the inside of it with my cell phone. They are currently testing the Tier 4 prototype as we speak. For them to be roughly 30,000.00 cheaper than most models, I can not find where Sany is lacking in any of the area's of the competitors. I really like the 3yr/3000hr warranty myself.

Trevor Wrench

The company i work for has been Carrying the Sany excavators for a couple of years. They are great machines and have been very reliable. Sany is the 5th largest heavy equipment manufacturer in the world and they have built a very good reputation, you heard me right, as of 2012 they are 5th! They own the Asian market and are established around the world .We have to get over this concept that if it is made in China its cheap crap. While it is true it is cheaper, that doesn't mean that quality is less. Every heavy equipment manufacturer out there has some of their machines made in China. These factories are ISO9001 compliant. A ton of our electronics are made there and a ton of car parts, it is just the way of the world. For those who want to buy American, i can only say good luck. If you want the headquarters in America then you might have a chance, but if you want a 100% American excavator it doesn't exist anymore. If you want to pay a lot more for a Deere or a CAT you can but put them against a Sany and they wont be better, and the for sure wont be 30% better. I dont like to say that because i grew up with Deere and CAT but it is just the truth these days.

Now that my rant is over i can say the only problem that we have had with the machines were minor. At first they had small seats, we're fat lets face it, i have never met a skinny operator lol. That was fixed. The other was their computer had communication issues with our GPS tracking systems, but that was a simple fix. The only mechanical issue we have had is that on the SY235 the fuel water seperator was over tighten on some units and caused the seals to crack causing them to suck air and stall. This again was a simple fix and Sany has corrected it. As for the boom being weak, we have never had a boom failure and we have many units mounted with second member LaBounty shears they are heavy and they beat the hell out of the machines in the scrap yards, and we have had no problems. We also have mounted hammers on them and sent them off for demos and they're fine. We just got a SY215 back off a month rental in which it went out with a new bucket and P-link thumb and the customer proceeded to use it to demo a building and when it got back the p-link had a foot of play in it and the bucket had all its keepers bent and they went through 6 teeth, boom is fine. Like stated above they give a full 3000 3 year warranty and we offer a 5 year money back guarantee. With their facility in Peachtree parts are available and quick to get, and when you can get a SY215 For almost 50k cheaper than a Komatsu or CAT it is a good buy.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Now that my rant is over i can say the only problem that we have had with the machines were minor. At first they had small seats, we're fat lets face it, i have never met a skinny operator lol.

Also the difference in body build as well. I have been to China twice and they are mostly small people. I am 6'-1" 200LB and I was a giant.:cool2

What does Sany's 3 year 3K hour warranty cover? Cat gives a hyd+powertrain warranty for 3 years 3k hours.

sanyguy

Occupation
excavator operator
Sany 235

image.jpg these two sany 235 dug a down 40ft for a high rise in hard pan with no problems my point is wether it's a cat hitachi or Volvo they are just there to work your not going to get extra money just because it says. Cat or hitachi but the guys on here that just want brand names don't be pissed when you get out bid on jobs when they other guy is running a lower cost machine and can do the jobs cheaper with a less over head

Last edited:

Trevor Wrench

Yes body build is different I was just making a joke :)
The warranty covers the whole machine. The 5 year money back guarantee is given by our company and is on a lot of machines we have. Sany guy you hit the nail on the head. In today's market where all of your expenses have went up but you are having to bid at the same prices to win the job then having a 1/3 less over head on your iron is a good edge.

AlloaExcavating

arent these machines owned by the contractor who did the demo where two sections of building fell right onto the street last year ?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation

oldtom

Occupation
diesel equipment maintenancesuperviser
There is a lot of people that have not figured it out that if you buy american made you keep your neighbor working, who in turn keeps you working. When everyone is working construction is booming and equipment is moving dirt. Ask the boys with the idle equipment how business is when everyone buys foreign when American made is available. You get the picture.
is there a excavater make in the us ? not cat,deer, linkbelt

Digdeep

is there a excavater make in the us ? not cat,deer, linkbelt

Yes. CAT opened two new factories within the last year and a half that will build all of their excavators for North America in the US. They built a factory outside of Atlanta that will build them from 3.5-8 tons (and D3/4/5) and they built a 1 million square foot factory in Victoria texas that will build everything from 12-?? tons. I know that the Victoria texas plant is already shipping machines and the mini excavator factory in Georgia will be shipping in early fall. They were already producing two sizes of excavators in Aurora Illinois.

Last edited:

Digdeep

The company i work for has been Carrying the Sany excavators for a couple of years. They are great machines and have been very reliable. Sany is the 5th largest heavy equipment manufacturer in the world and they have built a very good reputation, you heard me right, as of 2012 they are 5th! They own the Asian market and are established around the world .We have to get over this concept that if it is made in China its cheap crap. While it is true it is cheaper, that doesn't mean that quality is less. Every heavy equipment manufacturer out there has some of their machines made in China. These factories are ISO9001 compliant. A ton of our electronics are made there and a ton of car parts, it is just the way of the world. For those who want to buy American, i can only say good luck. If you want the headquarters in America then you might have a chance, but if you want a 100% American excavator it doesn't exist anymore. If you want to pay a lot more for a Deere or a CAT you can but put them against a Sany and they wont be better, and the for sure wont be 30% better. I dont like to say that because i grew up with Deere and CAT but it is just the truth these days.

Now that my rant is over i can say the only problem that we have had with the machines were minor. At first they had small seats, we're fat lets face it, i have never met a skinny operator lol. That was fixed. The other was their computer had communication issues with our GPS tracking systems, but that was a simple fix. The only mechanical issue we have had is that on the SY235 the fuel water seperator was over tighten on some units and caused the seals to crack causing them to suck air and stall. This again was a simple fix and Sany has corrected it. As for the boom being weak, we have never had a boom failure and we have many units mounted with second member LaBounty shears they are heavy and they beat the hell out of the machines in the scrap yards, and we have had no problems. We also have mounted hammers on them and sent them off for demos and they're fine. We just got a SY215 back off a month rental in which it went out with a new bucket and P-link thumb and the customer proceeded to use it to demo a building and when it got back the p-link had a foot of play in it and the bucket had all its keepers bent and they went through 6 teeth, boom is fine. Like stated above they give a full 3000 3 year warranty and we offer a 5 year money back guarantee. With their facility in Peachtree parts are available and quick to get, and when you can get a SY215 For almost 50k cheaper than a Komatsu or CAT it is a good buy.

I'm not saying that Sany excvators aren't good, but there is more to buying a machine besides price. Same day parts, or a large cylinder rebuild, or a spec shop for complete rebuild capability, or a replacement machine while you're machine is down for service, or an end to end rental store, dozens of service and lube trucks, strong finance company, etc. are other things that factor into the buying decision as well.

oldtom

Occupation
diesel equipment maintenancesuperviser
I'll believe it when I see it. The best part about them is the Cummins engine, and that's about it. I'd like to see them last like our Cat loaders. We have a Cat 950 81J with 40,000 hours on one engine rebuild, and original transmission and axles, and a Cat 950E with 30,000 hours with one engine rebuild and original transmission and axles. The Cat 140G blade I operate has 22,000 hours on it with one transmission rebuild and the engine hasn't even been touched and it doesn't use any oil. We also have a Cat 320BL that is all original yet except for a few hydraulic cylinder rebuilds and just one set of rails and segments. We also have a 1992 Cat D6H XL with 22,000 hours with one in frame engine rebuild and rebuilds on the finals and transmission all at 20,000 hours, so it's going to last us for another 20,000 hours. We also have two Cat 320Cs that are both near 10,000 hours with absolutely zero problems. I can keep going on and on.

Sure the Chinese models might be cheap up front, but like my dad and my grandpa always told me, you get what you pay for. And with Cat, we pay for years and years of reliable service, and fast dealer service. There's a reason Cat can still charge so much for equipment and still sell tons of equipment with all of the other competitors in the equipment industry. It's reliability and service
chinese :cummins are not supported by cumming in aust check in you area?

TomA

All new stuff is crap. Why pay more for foreign crap with a Cat or Deere stamp on it?
The US companies have certainly relaxed their standards since the good old days in the '40's and '50's when Cat was king. Relyability used to be a corporate goal, now it is all about bottom line marketting and profit all analyzed be computers. That is the same worldwide. They will all sell sh-- if they can make a buck.

TomA

All new stuff is crap. Why pay more for foreign crap with a Cat or Deere stamp on it?
The US companies have certainly relaxed their standards since the good old days in the '40's and '50's when Cat was king. Reliability used to be a corporate goal, now it is all about bottom line marketting and profit all analyzed by computers. That is the same worldwide. They will all sell sh-- if they can make a buck.

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . Dunno Digdeep.

Yes. CAT opened two new factories within the last year and a half that will build all of their excavators for North America in the US.

A local contractor did some sort of a Cat. factory tour and reckons Cat. equipment is a lot like our food . . . "manufactured from local and imported ingredients". After being a Cat. man all his life he was not impressed.

Cheers.

Digdeep

Yair . . . Dunno Digdeep.

A local contractor did some sort of a Cat. factory tour and reckons Cat. equipment is a lot like our food . . . "manufactured from local and imported ingredients". After being a Cat. man all his life he was not impressed.

Cheers.

I guess that lumps everyone in the same boat then doesn't it. I'm no industry expert, but I do try to keep up on things and it seems CAT is surviving well enough by the looks of their commanding global market share and their revenues being almost twice that of their second largest competitor (Komatsu).

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
I have been to the Peoria TTT plant twice and the Aurora wheel loader and excavator plant once. In Aurora, plate steel on one end and 330C's coming off the line at the other end, the same with Peoria - plate steel one end and D11's rolling out the other end. Were some of the components made elsewhere, absolutely.

If your house has a stove made in Korea, does that make the house not locally built?:cool2

Trevor Wrench

If your house has a stove made in Korea, does that make the house not locally built?:cool2

No, it means your stove was built in Korea.... As a Former Construction Company owner though i will use your analogy like this. Your drywall comes from China your siding from Mexico your timber from Canada then they were all shipped here and given to a contractor then that contractor subs out the work to other companies then takes credit for it by slpping their name on it. That is about the jist of the equipment world today as well lol.

Trevor Wrench

Yair . . . I think that sums it up pretty well Trevor Wrench. It's called "Globalization" and I think possibly Caterpillar suffers less from it than most.

Cheers.

Yes... that is exactly what it is. I wouldn't however say CAT suffers less, i wouldn't say the suffer at all. Large corporate companies don't suffer from it they benefit. If by suffer you mean capitulate to it then they very much do. They rebrand quite a bit in Europe, and Asia, luigong group built quite a bit of there wheel loaders in Asia. Wacker now does there minis in Europe, alot of their smaller engines are Mitsubishi so on and so forth. I would guarantee you that if cat found its self in a position where they had to drop their prices to be competitive in the US market they would be sending their factories to cheaper locales. You're from Australia so for you if you buy cat there is a good chance you are going to get an Asian product, unless it is a dozer. This isnt a bad thing, it is just logistics, and cat has very strict standards that a facility must abide buy when manufacturing their products.