• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

SANY Excavators

sultan

Recently, Ontario's first SANY (Chinese) excavator dealer opened up in the middle of nowhere - East Garafraxa (where I live). There was one machine in the yard - a brand new SANY 210C. Here are my impressions of the machine:

The Good:
-Cummins engine, should be reliable
-Roomy, comfortable cab
-You can actually see the computer screen in the cab without glare
-Very soft, easy, low-effort controls (the lightest I've ever seen)
-Very smooth (just as smooth as a Komatsu)
-Clean machine layout without tons of clutter everywhere like in my Deere
-Very low price - with a list price of $115,000 CAD, it costs half that of a comparable CAT/Deere/Hitachi/Volvo/Komatsu/whatever

The Bad:
-The pump was noisy and had an unpleasant sound. The salesman said it was a Rexroth, and the brochure said it was a Kawasaki. Whatever it was, I didn't like it.
-The switches to the right of the seat and the throttle dial felt cheap and plasticky
-(Very minor) The throttle dial was rather stiff
-I'm not certain about this (it could have just been the noisy bad sounding pump), but the computer seemed to be playing with the engine more than I like
-(Minor) The literature was written in Changlish (bad computer translation of Chinese to English)
-The boom and stick appeared rather thin for the machine's size. The salesman said that they use better steel than CAT and Deere, but I don't trust Chinese metal.
-Despite the salesman's claims that it was very fast and that it would outdig a CAT or Deere, it wasn't really all that fast. I doubt that my 10 year old JD 200LC would have any difficulty outdigging it

What do you guys think of SANY machines? Are they any good?

Last edited:

nickbowers

if they are anything like machines coming into australia from china(never heard of sany, but they are probably all just rebadged) they are terrible.
I was at rbauction one day and a brand new grader rocked up on a float(it was the same brand as the chinese excavators over here), no one wanted to drive it off. Its brakes didnt feel safe and it wabbled.

Just my 2cents anyway

Last edited:

orville

Occupation
Millwright / weldor
I can't understand why anyone would buy a foreign made machine or a foreign brand machine made in the country that they live in. All that does is destroy the economy of the country that the buyers live in. The japanese have destroyed the U.S. auto industry. Toyota's quality finally caught up with their BS, and if the auto consumer had any brains at all they would trade in all the jap autos and buy from companies that have been building cars for 75 years or more. Why do you think the economy is in such bad shape? Dont buy japanese, Chinese, or Korean, let them worry about their own economy. Let them sell their junk in their own country.:usa

maddog

The good point is that it is cheaper, and can probably do the job. With that said how are parts going to be in 5-10-20yrs? I was looking at a 1993 IHI IS 55 UX{believe that is the correct model #} the machine seemed decent BUT parts are hard to find and because it was a grey market {never sold in the US} dealers looked cross eyed when I asked about it. I own a chinese tractor and feel it is a very good little machine especially for what I paid. The problem is {or will be} simply popularity{in the US} and parts down the road.

The way I look at it, EVERY machine had to start somewhere, where it ends up is allmost anybody's quess. While it is in its 1st yrs of life many things can happen to cause it to go from "in the top 5" or completely fall out of existence. JMO

maddog

I can't understand why anyone would buy a foreign made machine or a foreign brand machine made in the country that they live in. All that does is destroy the economy of the country that the buyers live in. The japanese have destroyed the U.S. auto industry. Toyota's quality finally caught up with their BS, and if the auto consumer had any brains at all they would trade in all the jap autos and buy from companies that have been building cars for 75 years or more. Why do you think the economy is in such bad shape? Dont buy japanese, Chinese, or Korean, let them worry about their own economy. Let them sell their junk in their own country.:usa

The only problem with this thought is that the American company power heads have over charged for their product and screwed the American consumer so bad it all ends up BS in the end. Not to mention there is no such thing as American made anymore, just open the hood of most anything. Why does the government put in GOD we trust on $$$ bills......... GOVERNMENT OBESSED with DICTATORSHIP !!!!! Our government is a corperation and sleeps with american corporations {among others} that is what has happened to the country. Career politicains greed etc are what is bringing this country down.

ktm250rider

The american company has to charge more because it cost them more to produce products in this country. Health insurance, EPA regulations, OSHA, safety standards, benefits all add to the cost of products. Whats a company to do when its cheaper to buy a product built and shipped from china than you buy just the components in the US?

orville

Occupation
Millwright / weldor
The only problem with this thought is that the American company power heads have over charged for their product and screwed the American consumer so bad it all ends up BS in the end. Not to mention there is no such thing as American made anymore, just open the hood of most anything. Why does the government put in GOD we trust on $$$ bills......... GOVERNMENT OBESSED with DICTATORSHIP !!!!! Our government is a corperation and sleeps with american corporations {among others} that is what has happened to the country. Career politicains greed etc are what is bringing this country down.

It does not help that people will not buy from American companies who make their products in this country. And the American companies that build their products in a country like china did not help the economy either. A U.S. young adult can not even live at home today on a china mans wage.

Our friends in washington sleep with anyone who will give them some cash. Why is it illegal for women to do that?

maddog

It does not help that people will not buy from American companies who make their products in this country.

Is that make OR put together? If You could buy basically the same machine just change the label and have it built elsewhere cheaper what would you do? I don't believe it is fair nor right for a corporation to overcharge just because they fly a :usa over the product they're selling. Being a vet I feel it is insulting and a missuse of the :usa

And the American companies that build their products in a country like china did not help the economy either.

agree. Not only that they overcharged the US consumer so they could move to ____ to do just that.

A U.S. young adult can not even live at home today on a china mans wage.

wages have a lot do to with issue's we are having in this country. Most folks want their piece of pie but won't go near the kitchen to get it.

Our friends in washington sleep with anyone who will give them some cash.
And there you have it, the real problem with our nation.

Why is it illegal for women to do that?

:eek: :drinkup

Last edited:

dayexco

i live in a small town, 20k people....yet, i see people i know who work in manufacturing facilities here....that race to get to walmart to buy the cheap sheet made in china....you have to get the idea in the minds of the end user, let the foreign products sit on the shelf....forget the corporations, they'll manufacture, ship, sell....anything we want as long as there's a profit with it...don't we all want a profit? WE, as consumers, need to take the stance of flipping items over on the shelf and see where the nation of manufacture is...i'm guilty, as i'm sure about everyone here is. i have a hyundai and case excavator. we know where they were made.

zxa

i"ve been to a sany dealer here....seem to be nice machine!! but don"t have the chance to try it however!! and for "sultan"...rexroth is a brand name from kawasaki, so any worry there...

would not be scary to own one i guess....

maddog

WE, as consumers, need to take the stance of flipping items over on the shelf and see where the nation of manufacture is...i'm guilty, as i'm sure about everyone here is. i have a hyundai and case excavator. we know where they were made.

How long would it take us to stand there and flip products? :eek: in the end we'd go home with nothing :tong

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
A friend of mine works for a company somewhere in Texas, I cant rememeber their name but they had a new manager that bought a Sany and another chinese combination roller. He said the hoe was stout but th boom breaks and all the buttons and dial are broken. He said a hammer finished it off. The roller lasted a bit longer and will make a nice towed unit when cut up.

sultan

A friend of mine works for a company somewhere in Texas, I cant rememeber their name but they had a new manager that bought a Sany and another chinese combination roller. He said the hoe was stout but th boom breaks and all the buttons and dial are broken. He said a hammer finished it off. The roller lasted a bit longer and will make a nice towed unit when cut up.

I guess these observations were right

-The switches to the right of the seat and the throttle dial felt cheap and plasticky
-(Very minor) The throttle dial was rather stiff
-The boom and stick appeared rather thin for the machine's size. The salesman said that they use better steel than CAT and Deere, but I don't trust Chinese metal.

orville

Occupation
Millwright / weldor

If enough people will buy that junk the chinese will have enough money to improve their products just like the japanese did in the auto industry. Those first Toyotas were real pieces of S_ _T, and the newer ones aren't much better. They have had some of the biggest recalls in automotive history. I saw some Subaru's in the 70's, they were real garbage. Nissan's were Datsun back in the 60's, they changed their name for some reason or another. A friend bought a Honda back in the 70's or 80's, smoked worse than any half a dozen American cars put together that I have seen.

Where I work they bought some Chinese steel, flat bar 1/2 inch by 1" and 1/4 the measurement varied by 1/4 of an inch on the other end of a 12 foot stick. I am guessing they bought some worn out equipment from a U.S. steel maker. After they sell enough junk steel they will buy new equipment and sell dimentional steel cheaper than it can be produced in the U.S.

Americans who buy all the foreign stuff they can wonder why unemployment is so high.
If someone comes to my house to sell me something and they are driving a japanese or korean car, they just wasted a trip.