• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Roughest 580ck ain't moving!

chase546

Packratc, I am glad to hear you don't regret buying it. I bought a 580CK, standard clutch, non-power shuttle, and haven't even got to bring it home yet, lol. I have only had it a few weeks and I have had second thoughts a few times about it. It's my first large piece of equipment and is a learning experience. All of the cylinders leak, most of the steering shot, probably needs all the hoses, the brakes are seized up and it had a light duty car tire on the front that blew out when I raised the bucket. But it runs!! So there is hope!! I have been reading up on all the posts related to the 580CK and stumbled upon yours. Lots of information and great input from knowledgeable people. Gives me hope for mine.

shopguy

Packratc, I am glad to hear you don't regret buying it. I bought a 580CK, standard clutch, non-power shuttle, and haven't even got to bring it home yet, lol. I have only had it a few weeks and I have had second thoughts a few times about it. It's my first large piece of equipment and is a learning experience. All of the cylinders leak, most of the steering shot, probably needs all the hoses, the brakes are seized up and it had a light duty car tire on the front that blew out when I raised the bucket. But it runs!! So there is hope!! I have been reading up on all the posts related to the 580CK and stumbled upon yours. Lots of information and great input from knowledgeable people. Gives me hope for mine.
Hang in there that is how a lot of us started out..

chase546

Hey Packratc, now that you have painted your 580 and fancied it all up. My I take a shot at the roughest 580ck? IMG_20131116_144023_953.jpg

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
My I take a shot at the roughest 580ck?

We could have a winner ...... :tong

Packrat still has a flair for his penmanship - will be very hard to beat.
Good to hear from you ol' timer!

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I think you have a chance chase546, some aerosol cans on the swing post, an open 5 gal bucket (seems to always be associated with an old machine), a drip pan, scotch block behind the rear wheel, and a flat LF tire. Curious though that you have a scrap container in the background. I hope that doesn't upset the old girl. :D

chase546

Lol, I didn't think of that Willie59. It's sitting behind the tractor shop next to the junk yard. I rescued it from its final fate. I've used 10 can of spray penetrate so far. 2 5 gallon containers of hydraulic fluid. Drip pan because the swing cylinder gland seals failed and I pulled both cylinders apart to repack. And a scotch block because the brakes/ parking brake doesn't work and the clutch is seized and its in neutral. Gotta start some where. :) I just got 2 new Goodyear Laborers off ebay for the front. Waiting for it to stop raining to continue my descent into madness.