• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rivers Inlet & other Malloch & Moseley Operations

John Shipp

Occupation
forestry contracting
What a fantastic looking company. Hats off to Bill Malloch and co. A lot of "get up and go" exhibited in these photos, BC looks like a fine place to live and work. You sure do build the right equipment for the job. Thanks, John.

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Malloch Logging , Alberni area , Early morning on Taylor 550 M Madill 046 90 ft Longline yarder , #44 Western Star tri-drive Eight's Enough Trucking , Duncan B.C.scan250.jpgscan251.jpgscan252.jpgscan253.jpg

John Shipp

Occupation
forestry contracting
Great looking setting and equipment. Do they still operate out of logging camps or are the roads good enough that everyone drives in everyday? I stay in a caravan in the woods where I'm working, anyone do that in this area of BC?

camptramp

Occupation
Great looking setting and equipment. Do they still operate out of logging camps or are the roads good enough that everyone drives in everyday? I stay in a caravan in the woods where I'm working, anyone do that in this area of BC?

On the Mainland Coast of British Columbia and West Coast of Vancouver Island there are still isolated places where logging company's have camps , but most areas on Vancouver Island and the Fraser Valley are accessible by paved roads . The big camps that use to be are pretty much gone , most loggers work locally and commute from their homes to their place of work . If the company they work for or they find work to far from home to commute , they stay in Motels or live out of travel trailers or motor homes .

camptramp

Occupation
Malloch Logging , Alberni area Eights Enough Trucking's #44 , leaving landing on Taylor 550 M , dumping at Island Timber's Northwest Bay Div. DLS scan260.jpgscan261.jpgscan262.jpgscan263.jpgscan264.jpg

Boomchain

Occupation
Fuel Hauler
Wow < been a while since i've been here , lots of new pics and info . I want to thank everybody that has posted their info and pictures here , it has brought back a lot of memories from in camp , and logging on the Island . Thanks again Hugh

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
Post 313, last picture. This is our good friend,Camptramp. He has put in countless hours posting pictures from many of our collections. What a guy 3 cheers. Thank you!

dirty4fun

Post 313, last picture. This is our good friend,Camptramp. He has put in countless hours posting pictures from many of our collections. What a guy 3 cheers. Thank you!

Thanks Camptramp, great job on the pictures and describing them, too.

John Shipp

Occupation
forestry contracting
Warm thanks too from this island Camptramp, for anyone interested in mechanised logging on a large scale, these pictures and info are the greatest. You must have the hang of that scanner by now, thanks for posting all.