• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rivers Inlet & other Malloch & Moseley Operations

Boomchain

Occupation
Fuel Hauler
I am looking for anybody that was in Rivers Inlet working for Malloch and Moseley in the early 70's, i have been trying to find pictures from back then ,i was up there in the summers with my dad,if any body has pictures or could point me to somebody who might would be appreciated thx in advance

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
I am looking for anybody that was in Rivers Inlet working for Malloch and Moseley in the early 70's, i have been trying to find pictures from back then ,i was up there in the summers with my dad,if any body has pictures or could point me to somebody who might would be appreciated thx in advance
Thanks for the remineder I'll touch base with Gordy Isacson see if I can get some pictures off him . Heres one of a log barge at Kabella Bay.scan568.jpg

Len Burton

Occupation
Retired
The tug in the picture Is the Pacific Challenge not the Sudbury 2. The Sudbury 2 sank in Hecate Strait in 1982. Attached is a drawing of the Sudbury 2 and the Pacific Challenge anchored together. The Pacific Challenge was a converted west coast whaling ship from Holberg on the west coast. It towed barges up and down the West Coast after it's conversion to a tug.sudbury-ii-and-pacific-challenge-1600x1200-2.jpg

Last edited:

Greatwestcam

Occupation
Driver/Mechanic
I remember the name CE Routhe does anybody know that name and if that company was in Rivers?

Yeah I worked for CE (Ted) Routh for 7 years in the 80's. never was up in Rivers with him though, but one of the older guys, Bill Me was driving a new Mack gravel truck for him was there, he had two Mack gravel trucks that he later traded in for the CL350 logger.
I was in Security Bay and Gilford Island with him hauling for Weldwood.

Len Burton

Occupation
Retired

You might try going onto facebook. Sue Malloch is on there under the name of Susan Malloch she was in Rivers Inlet.

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Here we go Boon chain Gordy Isacson is sharing his pictures with us . Ray ( Tiny ) Gibson standing in front of his Euclid 64 TD Logging Truck on Glue-lam. suspension Bridge at 2 mi. Kibella Bay Rivers Inlet . ( Bridge crossing Chuckwalla River ). - Truck later snagged one of the cables and pulled the whole bridge down into river. Big Ray walked into camp soaking wet.... they thought he was joking -- when asked where the Euclid was ... " its in the river " was his reply . Early 70'sscan319.jpg