• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rivers Inlet & other Malloch & Moseley Operations

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Logging early 1960's ( 1963 ) At Kangaroo and Sooke Rd.L-Model MACK with " custom " fenders by Glen Goldie - Langford B.C. driver : Ed Pears loader: Norris Mills , Bill Malloch standing on Bull Board of MACK .scan504.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Muir Creek Div. Mid 1960's photo by Cliff Fenner one of the first , if not the first Dry Land Sort on the West Coast of B.C.scan509.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
The credit goes to Gordy for sharing photo's with us , when I come across photo's like these , its like striking gold . Hopefully Back choker will dig out some more of his pictures to share we us .

camptramp

Occupation
Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Muir Creek Div. Mid 1960's ( nice jag for 12 ft. bunks / 6 ft. stakes ) . #1 848 Kenworth , driver Ed Pears on Bull Board , W.T.( Bill )Malloch on left talking to Grapple operator Norris Mills scan601.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Gordy I. B.C. LUMBERMAN MAGAZINE , Malloch & Moseley Logging Muir Creek Div. 848 Kenworth driven by Ed Pears , loaded by Norris Mills September 1964 , ( no wrappers )scan602.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Logging " Muir Creek Dryland Sort " mid 1960's #1 Kenworth 12 ft. bunks , 6ft. stakes , Cummins V-8 driver Ed Pears .scan603.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Gordy I. Early 405 Koehring log loader M & M #85 scan606.jpgscan607.jpgscan608.jpgscan6089.jpgon " Heaney's " GMC " Cracker Box " Cabover " Big or Teeny Just Call Heaney " was their slogan , Heaney's was the heavy hauler in Victoria B.C. in the early day's , it later became Johnston Terminals

jackd

Occupation
Airline Mechanic
Now there is a name from the past. My sister used to work for West Coast Freight in Port Alberni. This became Johnston Terminals sometime in the mid-60s. Whatever happened to this company?

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
Here in the mainland of B.C. In 1972 Public Freightways and Johnson Terminals became one. Public closed its doors in 1989, due to the down turn in the economy and the small profit margin. The company decided to close while the going was still good.

camptramp

Occupation
Gordy I. ( I see a note on one of these pictures , that they are from the Malloch Family Collection , thanks to the Malloch Clan for sharing them with us . ) Aerial view of Malloch & Moseley Logging 's Kilbella Bay Div. camp at Rivers Inlet B.C. 1974scan610.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley,scan611.jpg Rivers Inlet Div. C.E. Ted Routh Trucking from Campbell River hauling contractor for M&M ,#4 HDX Hayes at Kilbella Bay camp 1973 .

camptramp

Occupation
Gordy I. C.E. " Ted " Routh Trucking #2 with a nice " Jag " loaded by Gordy's dad " Ike " Isacson at M & M Kilbella Bay 1973 We always called this " Ted's little HDX " 350 Cummins 2 sticks "5x4 , 4640 Diffs.,scan612.jpgscan613.jpg 12x24 rubber , 12 ft. bunks .

camptramp

Occupation
Gordy I. Nice load of Spruce Stringers for construction of Camp Creek Bridge on dump road .Loaded by " Ike " Isacson on C.E. Routh's #4 HDX Hayes driven by Gunnar Mandseth , camp office on left with interesting crummy in front M&M had a whole fleet of " International's " for Crummy's 1974 Kilbella Bay .scan614.jpgscan615.jpg

Last edited:

camptramp

Occupation
Gordy I. C.E. Routh #4 HDX Hayes Malloch & Moseley Rivers Inlet Div. 1973 , These loads were loaded By Ed " Ike " Isacson with a Kohring " rubber tire carrier "line loader or by Ray Isacson with a brand new 988 A Cat loader with Weldco Grapple .scan616.jpg