• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rivers Inlet & other Malloch & Moseley Operations

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Gordy I M & M Kilbella Bay Gordy I moving logs to the roadside with a Cat 235 Excavator before " Thumbs " were popular on excavators and before " Hoe Chucking " was perfected . Dan Malloch on Koehing loader and Gordy Isacson on Cat 235 Excavator throwing logs to road . They were getting 6 Off Highway loads a day on P-16 Pacific log trucks with 15 ft. bunks and 8 ft stakes.scan340.jpgscan341.jpg

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Great pics Gordy. Thanx for sharing! Camptramp; thanx for uploading pics.
I am on The Mainland now but hopefully I will take the ferry to The Island today. Maybe we will meet. I am planning to attend The Duncan truck show. See you! Take Care!

camptramp

Occupation
Thanks Hayesno1 I didn't know Bill Malloch personally, but I remember as a kid, Malloch & Moseley were the outfit to work for if you were in the Sooke Langford area . I guess they favoured International products, I remember Bill Malloch had a Jeep Wagoneer and Dez Moseley had an International Scout , their Woodsforman Ron Renshaw had an International pickup with a bush box , they were all done up pretty trick for those days. Bill Malloch had a lot of jam and when he got the chance , he went for the top. I would like to use this thread to celebrate the good years of the " Big M " . I'm hoping to change the thread name to Rivers Inlet and other Malloch & Moseley operations. If you have M & M pictures post them hear , If you have pictures ,but don't have time to scan them , get them to me , I'd be more than happy to post them on this thread.

camptramp

Occupation
Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Kilbella Bay Gordy I driving P16 Pacific #116 through camp with a load of Cedar , loaded by a 235 Cat Excavator over the side.scan343.jpgscan344.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Kilbella Bay 1st picture Gordy I standing out on logs in Bull Pen . 2nd picture is log dump on causeway Kilbella Bay . Dump machine is a Northwest 80D used to parbuckle loads off truck down skid logs to water . Dumpman was Dave " Captain " Proudfoot.scan358.jpgscan359.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Gordy I Malloch Logging Gordy with #101 a T-800 Kenworth pulling Aspen 65 ton lowbed , moving Madill 124 grapple yarder , behind Sooke on Bear M/L . Grapple Yarder operator Dale Chumly leaning on lowbed.scan379.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Gordy I Malloch Logging Gordy moving Steve Drybrugh's WHD Hayes ( Elk River Timber # 26 ) from Port Albernie to Duncan Truck Show . Photo's by our late friend scan380.jpgscan381.jpgBob Hoar

Last edited:

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Kilbella Bay 1st picture Gordy I standing out on logs in Bull Pen . 2nd picture is log dump on causeway Kilbella Bay . Dump machine is a Northwest 80D used to parbuckle loads off truck down skid logs to water . Dumpman was Dave " Captain " Proudfoot.View attachment 121253View attachment 121254

Is kilbella Bay still a logging show?