• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Really Nice Older Iron

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I stopped by the shop of a couple of buddie's of mine that I grew up with as a kid. They run a small excavating company their dad started. They have a number of older machines and trucks that are in well kept condition. Took a few pics for y'all to look at, I'm sure a bunch of you guys have run some of these machines.

Here's an odd one for 'ya. A Bucyrus-Erie 190 loader/hoe. It has a 3-53 Detroit

Next up is a rough one, but I had to get a pic of it. A Marshall pull scaper tractor with a 4-71, and the Hancock bowl behind it.

Attachments

• Lett Construction 001.jpg
    Lett Construction 001.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 2,487
  • Lett Construction 002.jpg
    Lett Construction 002.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 2,390
  • Lett Construction 003.jpg
    Lett Construction 003.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 2,394

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I sent in some more, but when I hit submit they just disappeared, so, try again. Now the good stuff.
Nice D8K in incredible shape. I'd love to get on this baby for a while.
12G grader
315C scraper

Attachments

• Lett Construction 006.jpg
    Lett Construction 006.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 2,390
  • Lett Construction 005.jpg
    Lett Construction 005.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 2,365
  • Lett Construction 004.jpg
    Lett Construction 004.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 2,375

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Yeah, I forgot about the 120 second post delay. :D
A really nice 980B loader.
Their Mack DM600 with camel back suspension and 54,000 lb axles, beast of a truck, alongside their Autocar.
Lastly, their sweet R-model Mack lowboy tractor.

Attachments

• Lett Construction 008.jpg
    Lett Construction 008.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 2,550
  • Lett Construction 009.jpg
    Lett Construction 009.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 2,711
  • Lett Construction 011.jpg
    Lett Construction 011.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 2,646

dumpchuck

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
Cool pics! Never seen a Marshall tractor before. And you're right, that is one fine looking D8K. Several local contractors in this area still run some 8K's that are in good shape. I've also seen a nice D8H working up the road from me a while back. Much nicer than the one I use to run.

td25c

Wow! I did not realize that Bucyrus-erie made a rubber tired backhoe.I looks like it's in showroom condition.The D8k looks good to.Great pictures.

bill5362

Occupation
I own a excavation company and a rolloff container
Thanks for sharing the pics, is the equipment for sale or is this his fleet

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Thanks for sharing the pics, is the equipment for sale or is this his fleet

Naw, they ain't sellin' 'em. It's the fleet of the two brothers that own the company. They take good care of their stuff.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
Yeah, that's why I made sure to get a pic of it, I didn't figure anybody would believe me on that one. :D
Back in the 70s and 80s, DynaHoe's were all you saw digging in NYC, they were very common.....and NOISY!!! Pretty near indestructible too. Must be a northeast thing.

Wish you had gotten a shot of that Mack F, you don't see them around much anymore either.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Wish you had gotten a shot of that Mack F, you don't see them around much anymore either.

I was thinking to myself when I was taking the pics that I should take one of that F model Mack because someone would spot it. Darned if I wasn't right, somebody did! :Banghead The F model used to be the workhorse of the UPS fleet.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
The F model used to be the workhorse of the UPS fleet.
And a multitude of other companies as well. I can remember seeing as many with sleeper cabs as without.

I said the DynaHoes were noisy, the Detroit powered ones were. All except the last ones produced were Detroit powered, then they switched to Cummins for power just before they became unavailable. I did a little search on them and found that Terex now owns Bucyrus-Erie rights.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
no rippers on the 8? was there a hitch or winch? just curious if you happend to notice.

Just a hitch on the back. They had a TD20 with rippers, I forgot to insert that pic yesterday.

Attachments

• Lett Construction 007.jpg
    Lett Construction 007.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 2,249

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
And a multitude of other companies as well. I can remember seeing as many with sleeper cabs as without.

I said the DynaHoes were noisy, the Detroit powered ones were. All except the last ones produced were Detroit powered, then they switched to Cummins for power just before they became unavailable. I did a little search on them and found that Terex now owns Bucyrus-Erie rights.

I've run Detroits in just about everything, but not once a loader/hoe. A Detroit in a hoe just seems kinda'...weird? :laugh Still, it looked like that old B-E was built like a tank.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
They were built like tanks, which is probably why they were so common in NYC and surrounding areas. Much of the work there is demolition or renovation, a tough environment to work in. That may have been their demise too, they were so heavy and cumbersome, and very slow by today's standards.

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
Great pics, I think the tractor scraper is an MRS Made in Flora MS the company was name Mississippi Road Service or road scraper I cant rember but a friend collects them.

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
Great pics, I think the tractor scraper is an MRS Made in Flora MS the company was name Mississippi Road Service or road scraper I cant rember but a friend collects them. I like the Dyna hoe to I know where there is a 4 wheel drive on for 5000. I m thinking of buying it for the landfill I work in since my brother was bought out. We need a way to load a dump truck whrn the scraper is down. I think this one has the John Deere motor.

WabcoMan

Occupation
Heavy equipment parts manager
Marshall & Scraper

I think that "Marshall" with the Hancock elevating scraper may actually be an M-R-S - Mississippi Road Supply:pointhead

dpull

Occupation
Owner/Operator
Scraper

Great pic's of older iron in nice shape, The scraper kinda looks like a MRS but I have never seen one that small.
dpull