• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Really Nice Older Iron

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Great pic's of older iron in nice shape, The scraper kinda looks like a MRS but I have never seen one that small.
dpull

I'm glad a couple of you guys got onto the scraper. I know nothing about that thing but I knew it was worth taking a picture of. It has M-R-S on the oval plate on the front, but it's my mistake that I didn't look closely at the plate on the side. What I mistakenly thought said "MARSHALL" is in fact "M-R-S ALL WHEEL DRIVE." I have since learned the most common scraper behind the MRS was the Wooldridge. In the '60s MRS started building them with the Hancock elevating scraper as well. There's gotta be someone out there that knows something about these things. :)

Speedpup

Occupation
President and all else that needs done!
sad part is most of that stuff doesn't look old to me. That tells me something about myself right?:eek:

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
sad part is most of that stuff doesn't look old to me. That tells me something about myself right?:eek:

Yeah, I told my wife several years ago "don't buy me no birthday cake, we might burn the house down!" :bouncegri

dieseldave

That's some clean lookin' old iron right there.:drinkup That 980 doesn't have a V8 in it, does it? I think some of those older ones had the D336 in 'em.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
That's some clean lookin' old iron right there.:drinkup That 980 doesn't have a V8 in it, does it? I think some of those older ones had the D336 in 'em.

I didn't look to see what engine it had. These two brothers take good care of their stuff. They do have a D4H and a 963, but most of their fleet is "older stuff". When the day comes that they retire and sell off their fleet, there's going to be some nice older iron to be had. ;)

dynahoescott

I have to tell you guys, that dynahoe is not nearly as rare as you might think, I grew up in jersey city in the seventies and up until the late nineties all you ever saw were dynahoes digging in the impossible granite we have up here. I personally ran one for 9 years straight, got to love them, loud detroits and damn near indestructible:usa

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I have to tell you guys, that dynahoe is not nearly as rare as you might think, I grew up in jersey city in the seventies and up until the late nineties all you ever saw were dynahoes digging in the impossible granite we have up here. I personally ran one for 9 years straight, got to love them, loud detroits and damn near indestructible:usa

Hi dynahoescott. As Steve mentioned erlier, they were pretty common in your area, not so much around here. Nice unit the Lett boys have. ;)

Nice looking fleet. Like the DM Mack with 54,000 rears on camel back-that's the stuff:drinkup:drinkup

Dominion:canada

Yep Dominion, that's a nice Mack they have. It occasionally grades the hill by my shop, and I can tell by the sound it's their Mack coming up the hill. The old DM is in really good shape. :yup

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
ATCO Classic Plant and Machinery had a series of issues of THE MRS story. A friend of mine Darrel Harp knows one of the founders of MRS. This spring if the Lord is willing Ill get to meet this man. MRS had a tractor with a blade and a large backhoe like a Dynahoe, Then had one that had a blade on the front and a loader on the rear with a swichable operators station.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
ATCO Classic Plant and Machinery had a series of issues of THE MRS story. A friend of mine Darrel Harp knows one of the founders of MRS. This spring if the Lord is willing Ill get to meet this man. MRS had a tractor with a blade and a large backhoe like a Dynahoe, Then had one that had a blade on the front and a loader on the rear with a swichable operators station.

Sounds cool! If ya get to go, be sure and get us some pics. ;)