• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Readying for the KW

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Once again, WISHING I lived far Closer TS, so much available out there that does not here for some reason. Local Yards that salvage HD Class 8s here had nothing, all been sold, MHC found the correct one where it is one of three New Ones that are in system in the US as to Eaton parts locator. You are quite correct again as to Eaton parts thinning down!!

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
So rain shut much of the business down today, just busy work for now so was asked if I wanted the day off, DID NOT HAVE TO ASK Twice!!

in the shop awhile. Y'all can have a laugh I righted the engine, did some paint work to those areas buried behind other stuff and set the clutch. Bores are clean and burnished, deck is not fully cleaned where will do that once set back in frame. Next up front structure then set it.

IMG_9892.JPG IMG_9893.JPG IMG_9895.JPG

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
BTW, that old 2" spline shaft I swapped in a truck Many Sleeps ago, been rattling around in my toolbox since like 1983/84. Just have to remember to Rotate Counter Clockwise (Anti Clockwise for our Studious UK AU and EU friends) once get all of the assembly into position before tighten down.